+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Re: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by efobs;3020383;
    Am I the only one who found Cody incredebly annoying ? He was trying to outside Oscar and Janelle, and a high kick jump is not what is needed for an Umbrella video.
    outshine*
    AusNTM C4: Sam, Caris, Alex, Demelza.

Quote Originally Posted by efobs;3020383;
    Am I the only one who found Cody incredebly annoying ? He was trying to outside Oscar and Janelle, and a high kick jump is not what is needed for an Umbrella video.
    I didn't find him annoying per se, but I've only seen three (oops I miscounted earlier) episodes.

What I did find was that he was trying to shine on each of their individual strengths, and like you said, that's not what's needed for any video, unless you're Michael Jackson and do the footwork & vocals yourself. I got the impression that he's used to having the spot light on him (he's a Broadway dancer, right?) However, he seems like a very nice person. But he definitely wasn't a good leader this last week. He should've reined Janelle in and he should've listened to what Tina wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3020517;
    I didn't find him annoying per se, but I've only seen three (oops I miscounted earlier) episodes.

What I did find was that he was trying to shine on each of their individual strengths, and like you said, that's not what's needed for any video, unless you're Michael Jackson and do the footwork & vocals yourself. I got the impression that he's used to having the spot light on him (he's a Broadway dancer, right?) However, he seems like a very nice person. But he definitely wasn't a good leader this last week. He should've reined Janelle in and he should've listened to what Tina wanted.
    Yeap, this is where Cody totally missed it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Finally someone who was truly deserving of being cut -- Janelle! She was so weak in technique compared to the others (Miguel excepted) that it is an insult to the dancers who were cut that she lasted as long as she did. I would be more than happy to see either Moshe or Nick win the whole thing. I don't have anything against Corey but his tecnique is SO good that he doesn't compare well with the other dancers. Watch him and you see perfect line and form and he ALWAYS is letter perfect on the choreography. I think his being called a snob is not at all deserving and it was so obvious watching tonight that the red headed b--ch really has it in for him. She throws "names" at him with no constructive criticism at all. Then she gets all defensive when he asks for further explanation. He made it through tonight but she will sink him next week. You have to remember that the panelists all call for the dancers to "act" the character as well as dance the steps, but if they are in a large theatre, what the people in the orchestra see is very different from what the people in the third balcony see. It is up to the choreographer to design a number that will work for all. In this show, the choreographers are just designing numbers for where their desk is (in the orchestra) Cheers that Janelle can go back to her cheerleading school and maybe join Jenny Craig. And congrats to Nick and Moshe.

And REALLY is Tony Basil still living off of being a one hit wonder with "Mickey"? If I were her I'b be embarrassed for it to even be brought up. Now choreographing Bette Midler is another story even though her reviews for the choreography were VERY luke warm at best.
    Last edited by ChristoferHawke; 05-30-2008 at 12:52 AM.

From an objective point of view, tonight was my first episode and from an editing standpoint, I think Moshe will win.

Quote Originally Posted by hott4hill;3029710;
    From an objective point of view, tonight was my first episode and from an editing standpoint, I think Moshe will win.
    I hope so, us 30 year olds got to support each other lol.

Personally, I was hoping for a Janelle and Miguel elimination tonight, they both were weak.

Throughout the show I felt Janelle was a little too heavy (probably some baby fat) 5lbs - 8lbs would make a huge difference on her body and yes her classical technique was not there. I hope she listens and learns.

I never was a Miguel fan and don't get what the judges see in him. But it could be that I just don't like his personality and that clouds my thinking when it comes to viewing his dancing objectively.

What the heck are the judges always done on Cody. He has survived very well as a professional dancer and they are on him about emoting. Ugh, give him a break.

It looks as if the judges are favoring either a Nick or Moshie win at this point.

After watching the So You Think You Can Dance auditions and then watching Step It Up and Dance I am sorry to say that some of the Step It Up Dancers just don't cut it.

FORT Fogey

I get the criticism of Cody. Snob is nasty and feels like name calling but cold works. He is technically good, clearly, and they all say that but I agree he does not appear to feel it. I was impressed at Cody's quick thinking when he asked for a different adjective so he could relate to the criticism.

Miguel, why oh why are you still there? He is such a turn off, for me.

Moochie is my favorite but I would be happy if Nick won too. He seems to have the edge with the judges.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3030034;
    After watching the So You Think You Can Dance auditions and then watching Step It Up and Dance I am sorry to say that some of the Step It Up Dancers just don't cut it.
    Agreed. I only watched 2 episodes of it before getting annoyed and not tuning in anymore (partly because of the way they made it fairly obvious that they didn't "get" Toya and were aiming to get rid of her before they finally put her out of her misery, and partly because it really seemed skewed so certain people would go a lot further than what they should have). So GLAD to hear that Janelle finally got cut because for a while it really seemed like they were really angling for her to win.

Not watching, but I really hope that Mochi or Miguel will win.

+ Reply to Thread