+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Re: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2957963;

Maybe a studio audience of peers who critiqued and had some influence over the judges scoring? But not an audience call in thing.

I could go with this concept. The show just need something. Because right now it's BORING........

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't find it boring. I find it refreshing, considering what we've been subjected to with competition shows over the last several years.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm with you prhoshay. I like the audition format as it's more realistic. The good group/elimination group mirrors the callback process, with the dance for your life mimicking the "one last chance to impress." The only problem I have is that the format assumes that the dancers can adapt to anything. That's not how open call works... a specific style and body type is usually specified, so the dancers are competing more against peers.

I think these are the worst judges of any reality show I've watched this year. If they want to test the quality of the dancers, then where are the types of dance they would actually be using in a show, like tap, ballet, jazz, modern, soft shoe, etc. All these people do is some kind of hip hop, fling their bodies around the stage and EVERYTHING they do looks the same. Except for the copy written show Stomp, when is the last time you saw someone dance with garbage can lids and except for Cirque de Soliel when is the last time you saw dancers swinging from giant "atoms" or popping out of stairs. And Boy oh boy do I hate Elizabeth Berkley. Sorry bout that guys, I needed a good rant.
    Last edited by ChristoferHawke; 05-09-2008 at 02:40 AM.

Watched it again today. I was really surprised that Janelle struggled with the atom. Nancy (I think it was Nancy) correctly pointed out that she wasn't using her core. Her work on the stairs was good, though, so I'm not surprised they kept her. The teaser for next week looks interesting... tango, with Miguel having trouble. If the pattern of the struggling one sailing through holds, Miguel may be safe.

Michael deserved to go. Rare talent, enthusiam and passion will only take you so far if you work in an environment that demands technical skills and knowledge. Reminds me of Hok in last yrs So You Think You Can Dance? Great hip hop dancer but lacked the skills to dance other kinds of dance.

I think Janelle's lack of job experience and fluctuating skill level (great one week and suckie the next) will catch up to her especially with the 5 that are left. Unless the others commit some major mistakes I predict that Janelle will be the next to go.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2991930;
    Michael deserved to go. Rare talent, enthusiam and passion will only take you so far if you work in an environment that demands technical skills and knowledge. Reminds me of Hok in last yrs So You Think You Can Dance? Great hip hop dancer but lacked the skills to dance other kinds of dance.

I think Janelle's lack of job experience and fluctuating skill level (great one week and suckie the next) will catch up to her especially with the 5 that are left. Unless the others commit some major mistakes I predict that Janelle will be the next to go.
    I completely agree. Nick is my favorite because I love his personality, but I bet Cody wins because the judges love him. I thought Miguel got robbed this week because he also managed to choreograph a routine & pull his team together. They were hideous at the rehearsal the night before & after he came up with some ideas, they improved drastically.
    Every week I seem to agree with their top 2, & about half the time the actual winner of the challenge. And so far, I have always agreed with who got sent home, except once or twice, & even then, that person probably would have been gone the next challenge or the one after anyway, so it didn't matter ultimately.
    I do like this better than a public voting format. Those are mostly nothing but popularity contests, with talent taking a backseat.
    Last edited by holly71; 05-14-2008 at 11:56 AM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

In the mountains waiting for the snow to arrive

Anybody watch tonight - I was out and wanted to know who was kicked off. Thanks
    Faith grows from little seeds of Hope.

The basics from tonight for those who missed.....

Oscar is back in and no one got booted.

FORT Fogey

I like this show but it is severly lacking with the low budget. Empty theaters are creepy. It feels slapped together. None of the judges have compelling personalities either. I will continue to watch because I like the idea of it.

Cody is far and away ahead of the others in skill and experience. I will be shocked if he does not win. The judges have a reputation in this field so to hand it over to one less qualified would discredit them.

+ Reply to Thread