+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Re: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2910817;
    There was really no reason for the guys to mention their gayness and them dancing with the women. It was unnecessary because a lot of times dancers have to be actors, regardless of who and what they really are.
    And --- in most cases --- it was pretty obvious, anyway (unless your gaydar was completely shut off). I don't care what you sleep with, I want to see if you can dance and make me feel and believe what you're doing, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2910739;
    The tall blonde is edited as being such a crybaby, quitter wimp.
    Yep. I was WAY sick of her and hoping she would have been gone on the FIRST show. Since she wasn't, I hoped she would've stopped all the boo-hooing after that, but obviously I was wrong. And why that judge (?) gushed over her last night ("I liked your work. You looked like a gazelle!") is way over my head. I'm no expert, but I didn't see anything she did that was so mind-blowing in that trainwreck of a group dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2911140;
    I didn't agree with last nights elimination. There were a couple of dancers that should have been sent before him. Too bad the worst dancer of the bunch had immunity!

I do have to say that the losing group completely showed why they were in the bottom with their routine. That was just horrible! It seemed to lack any sort of cohesion or real story line. I think they missed the entire point of that exercise.

Miguel bugs the living day lights out of me but I still like him. He's good for giggles.
    I didn't agree with James going, either. To me, either Crybaby #1 or Crybaby #2 should have gone first (it's just too bad that #2 had immunity, but I'm glad they told her if she hadn't had it, she'd've been out of there). And yep, I agree the elim group's dance was awful. And Miguel IS definitely good as a source of giggles, but James was a stitch, too, and I wish he could've stuck around longer. He was a hot mess!

And about Miguel . . .

Methinks he needs to learn when to shut up. When that judge (?) was giving him good notes about succeeding in coming across more butch, he tried to chime in and she told him to just zip it and take her critique, I was thinking: "Uh-oh!"

I hope he learned from that, even though I don't think he might win. We'll see.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

They haven't already canceled this show, have they? My DVR is not showing any new episodes this week.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There, indeed, is a show on tonight at 10. It sounds new to me, but I could be mistaken.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was watching Bravo earlier and there is defiantly a new episode. They kept showing the promos for it.

For some reason my DVR didn't want to record it and I had to do a work around but I got it! Thanks guys.

OK about last nights show. I hated the theme and how Janelle was spot lighted so much. I only got to watch the first half because I had to get ready for work (watch the taped shows in the morning before work while exercising and only have an hour...had to finish watching T/C first!)....and what I saw I didn't like.

Did anybody else get a very strong sense of disconnect between the audiences reactions and the dancing? Reason I noticed is because they all seemed to be booing Jessica and the other girl on her team (Blue??) and cheering for Miguel and his team (Black??) and yet when it came time to actually cheer for your favorite group? The blue team (that they had shown the audience booing for previously) easily got more cheers to win and go up against the Red team. Very odd.

No idea who got the boot and it's cool if ya'll spoiler me lol, I'll probably spoiler myself in a bit when I go read reviews of the show.

I'm so over Janelle (angry street dancer girl). I just don't get her and don't think she's all that great and seriously...could they have more tailored this for her? Sheesh.

I want to see some exotic dancing (no not pole dancing! LOL) I mean like Middle Eastern or even Asian...just something different that really tests their abilities as dancers. Still liking the show and still hating the hostess.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2928697;
    Did anybody else get a very strong sense of disconnect between the audiences reactions and the dancing? Reason I noticed is because they all seemed to be booing Jessica and the other girl on her team (Blue??) and cheering for Miguel and his team (Black??) and yet when it came time to actually cheer for your favorite group? The blue team (that they had shown the audience booing for previously) easily got more cheers to win and go up against the Red team. Very odd.
    I want to see some exotic dancing (no not pole dancing! LOL) I mean like Middle Eastern or even Asian...just something different that really tests their abilities as dancers. Still liking the show and still hating the hostess.
    I completely agree about that weird disconnect. I thought the audience was fully booing the blue team during their performance against the black team - and I agreed with the audience!! That tall skinny blonde girl (Jessica?) just does not have the "grit" for street battling And I was disappointed in the Asian girl too, I thought she would do well, but I thought she fell flat.

I saw a commercial that implied to me that they might do something more foreign-culture-exotic. That would be interesting. In fact it might be the only thing that could get me interested in this show. So far I don't feel like it is bringing anything interesting that I haven't already seen in a dance reality show.

harmony I can let you know who goes....

Spoiler if you haven't seen last nights yet....

The tall blonde girl who cries about not being a professional [I think her names is Jessica] finally left. Thank god. She was driving me up the wall.

And Janelle won immunity but then this challenge was made for her and her hip-hopness.

Isn't this the second episode in a row that the dancer with the worst performance and should have been eliminated had immunity?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think its become a tired old gimmick now to try and make the immunity win seem more important. Although, Scared Eyes (is it just me or does she have some serious bug eyes going on?) did make it a point to say that he would have been in trouble if not for the immunity. While she told Janelle that she would have been eliminated if not for the immunity.

Now about Janelle....my hatred for her is growing rather rapidly. I've read her described as the angry cheerleader elsewhere and it fits perfectly. My only question is....will she bring her angry face when asked to emote during a lyrical dance? Speaking of lyrical dance, I can't wait to see Tovah doing it. I bet she will be beautiful, she's become my favorite and has been ever since she admitted that she had issues with her body shape and being a dancer (awww)

(Finally watched the rest of the show and I'm very glad who went home. I liked her but was so tired of her crying and whining. Too delicate for a profession that is all about casting and rejections...ok mostly about).

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

I have really been trying to give this show a chance, but its just falling flat. THere is not much dancing (real dancing ) and what they do do is lackluster despite the bios of the dancers. Maybe it the way everything is filmed it doesn't highlight the dancing. Iwas happy to see jessica finally go she irked me . I like tova as well, i would love to see her do some ballet or modern. Oh how could i forget, if they say "Step it up" one more time I'm going to throw Elizabeth Berkly out of the window. They need to "Step it up" and showcase some dancing real soon!!
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

+ Reply to Thread