+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Re: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2900865;
    . . . she reminds me of the first hostess on Top Chef (I only remember that she was Billy Joel's daughter and she was not memorable).
    Um, that was Billy Joel's wife, Katie Lee. And yes, I am glad she only lasted one season on Top Chef.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2896708;
    . . . it is a dance show and seems that common sense would have told her to wear something more practical. I don't know why she didn't just take them off before it got so bad.

WHY she didn't do that before it got so bad, I'll never know, either.

But then again, common sense ain't all that common, is it?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2900994;
    Um, that was Billy Joel's wife, Katie Lee. And yes, I am glad she only lasted one season on Top Chef.
    OMGosh, I could have sworn that I heard the hostess was his daughter!!!
    My apologies to Billy and Katie Lee Joel!!

This show was kind of ho-hum for me. I don't like Elizabeth Berkley as the host. I will give it a few more chances to see if the show picks up, if not I will stop watching it. I was annoyed by the girl with the injury. Anyone who has ever seen a reality show knows that every time they say they are going to "relax" or "go to a club", that it won't end up being the case. I would have worn some comfy shoes just in case. To wear those boots was just stupid. She did make the right decision to leave though, since that injury will keep being painful if she would have kept up the strenuous activity. I have snapped ligaments in my knee and eventually had to have surgery and it was painful and I could make my knee in a very freaky, unnatural way. I am sure where she tore her ligament in would still be painful.

FORT Fogey

Elizabeth Berkley, just meh!!! i find it a cheap version of SYTYCD from fox

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Personally, I watch for the dancing!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

"...Meta-Foric-Cally!" Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar

First time seeing the show tonight. I'll give it a chance. They're performing an eppoge (sp?).

I hope that they'll be able to do a Middle Eastern dance. Bellydance? Maybe a debke? Moroccan folkloric?

The tall blonde is edited as being such a crybaby, quitter wimp.

"...Meta-Foric-Cally!" Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar

There was really no reason for the guys to mention their gayness and them dancing with the women. It was unnecessary because a lot of times dancers have to be actors, regardless of who and what they really are.

I think that this show wears its fakeness on its sleeves. The way the dancers talk and act, I don't feel passion, no realness. I got more genuine emotion about wanting to be dancers from the movies Fame and All That Jazz. Maybe they should watch that movie. They're too contrived.

FORT Fan

I heard "The challenges are so different" in the previews. They had better be. SYTYCD really does have variety. I don't want to see unending moves for girl/boy group concerts. I agree with krazy kamikaze. I'd much rather see Moroccan folkloric.

I didn't agree with last nights elimination. There were a couple of dancers that should have been sent before him. Too bad the worst dancer of the bunch had immunity! I still like this show and fast forward through the judges comments and anything with Berkley on it (her bug eyed expressions freak me out!)

I do have to say that the losing group completely showed why they were in the bottom with their routine. That was just horrible! It seemed to lack any sort of cohesion or real story line. I think they missed the entire point of that exercise.

Cody reminds me of the actor John Corbett for some reason. Miguel bugs the living day lights out of me but I still like him. He's good for giggles.

+ Reply to Thread