+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Re: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

I just watched a lifetime movie with her <3 It was pretty good (ish).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cody just strikes me as empty. I get no feeling from him. I saw passion in other dancers.

Mochi was robbed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought Mochi had it in the bag from the time of the first rehearsal with Jerry.

I'm disappointed, not because Cody won, but because of the way the show developed. I had high hopes for less of a "story arc" and more of a "who's best" from this show. It's clear that the producers steered us towards thinking Cody was less of a dancer because he didn't wear his heart on his sleeve, allowing the "redemption arc" ala ANTM. My fault for falling into that sucker trap. If you read back in the thread, we all thought pretty highly of Cody until Nancy started ragging on him for a perceived lack of emotion. Good on him for sucking it up and doing his job despite that hateful woman.

Interestingly, I found Mochi's dance boring. She was best during the group number (w/Miguel 2nd), however.

I really thought Jerry was right and that robe really hid her beautiful lines, but the dance itself I found boring.

Miguel surprised me. I really enjoyed his choreography, but he's definitely the weakest techanically.

Nick was borderline cheesy, I'm sorry to say. He's by far my favorite personality, but I feel he went over the top on his solo and was weak on the group dance. Why didn't he tap???

Cody was gorgeous! Normally I find him cold, as well. But he really 'stepped it up', and that shy smile of his during the solo was beautiful.

Cody definitely deserved to win last night as the Mochi & Nick weren't as strong, and Miguel, while better, still wasn't in the same league technically as the others.

FORT Regular

Congratulations, Cody! IMHO the best dancer won...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3001636;

Cody is far and away ahead of the others in skill and experience. I will be shocked if he does not win. The judges have a reputation in this field so to hand it over to one less qualified would discredit them.
    I am bringing my own post forward. This is why he had to win. And he deserved it.

I picked Cody to win from the first episode. His solo last night gave me goosebumps. You could tell he really felt that song. Those little pauses and emotional moments in the routine were so nice. His technique is superior to all the other dancers and his stage presence, well...he's a star. No matter who else was on stage, I always found myself watching him. Plus, his feet are gawgeous! (<---not a foot fetish thing, it's a dancer thing! ) Although I like Nick and Mochi, their solos were a little too amateur dance recital for me and, believe me, I've danced in 100's of them. Miguel had no business in the top 10, much less the top 4. His technique was nowhere near the level of the other three. Plus (and I know this is kind of mean), I can't name one STAR dancer who wasn't pretty great looking. Miguel? Not so much.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Miguel is a very good choreographer however. We've seen it several times over the course of the season. And I enjoyed the choreography of his routine, if not the technique and dance.

Nick is a modern Gene Kelly. I watched it again and the moves, the lines, the flow, the joy. Man, it's like Gene is reincarnated through Nick.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that Mochi's was more of a gymnastics floor routine and I thought !damn! That's it! That's what I saw, and why I found it boring.

Wow, I was surprised Cody won. From the beginning of the show I felt he was the strongest, the best dancer and was surprised when he got criticised for his dancing. This was really leading to a Mochi win. By the last episode I thought it would have to be between Miguel and Mochi. Imagine my shock when they picked Cody. Not that I don't think he deserved it, it is just from listening to the judges they came across negative/biased to him because of his great technique. Anyway, Congratulations Cody.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Last night I watched some dance movie called "Step Up" (story line was horrible, but there was some good dancing, which was why I watched it) & when the end credits were rolling, I see Oscar Campisi listed among the dancers in the movie. I wasn't really watching the credits, but happened to look at the TV right then. Now I want to watch the dancing parts of the movie again to see if I can spot him.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread