+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rock the Cradle on MTV

Rock the Cradle on MTV

Is anyone else interesting in watching this? For some reason, I am. I guess I'm curious to see how the kids of famous singers will do on the stage.

Here's a summary of the show:

It's time to Rock the Cradle! Yeah, we're searching for the next superstar, but this isn't your average, every day singing competition. We're shining the spotlight on children of rock stars to see who has what it takes to step out of the parental shadow and fulfill their DNA destiny. 'Cause, really, isn't everything better when celebrities are involved?

Nine superstars in the making will step up to the mic to Rock the Cradle and prove they have what it takes to become the rock stars they were meant to be. They've got talent running through their veins, but can they put it to good use and make their dreams come true?

Every week the contestants will take the stage and give it their all -- and every week one of them will be sent packing. But that's not the only drama that's gonna go down. We'll also show you what it's like to have a rock star mom or dad, and it's not as glamorous as you'd think.

But, wait, who are these rock star kids? Well, you'll get to know Landon Brown, son of singer and perennial bad boy Bobby Brown, who performs about his personal experiences. You'll meet Lucy Walsh, daughter of the Eagles' Joe Walsh, who has toured with Ashlee Simpson. Find out why rapper/preacher MC Hammer's little girl, A'Keiba Burrell, has luck on her side. See what life's like for Lara Johnston, offspring of the Doobie Brothers' Tom Johnston, who first performed onstage when she was just two.

You'll also get up close and personal with Chloe Rose Lattanzi, whose mother, Olivia Newton-John, sang her heart out in Grease. You'll learn why Crosby Loggins, Kenny Loggins' kid, thinks his dad is "just a dad." Walk a mile in the shoes of Jesse Money, rocker Eddie Money's daughter. Bang your head with Jesse Snider, seed of heavy metal icon Dee Snider. Chill with Lil B. Sure!, who, of course, is R&B singer Al B. Sure!'s son.

Each rock star kid will Rock the Cradle in front of a panel of judges, who'll help the budding musicians come out of their shells and learn the business. While the judges will share their opinions after each performance, you will ultimately decide who will stay and who will go. Yes, you! And, in the end, one winner will be crowned and take the first step toward becoming a superstar, just like dear old mom or dad.

Who will emerge from their parent's shadow victorious and step into the spotlight? Find out when we Rock the Cradle!
    Link
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Re: Rock the Cradle on MTV

This show aside from the sometimes long commercial breaks rocks. We must pick our little people to root for.

My faves: the safe one this week, Doobie brother's 17 year old daughter, Chloe--Olivia Newton John's daughter, and the last very sexy one.

It's going to be a voice show. So I hope some of the people will pick songs where we get to hear them sing. Looks are important too. That blah outfit the first one wore was strange. Unless you are a supermodel, we don't want to see your midriff. A lot of them need some help with their styling.

All in all though, they are very talented. I look forward to seeing them next week.

FORT Fan

I tuned in to this show mainly for the band...three of the guys are from the House Band from RockStar: INXS and SuperNova. Yay! Great to see them back on my TV and rockin' it out as usual!

I liked the show and liked most of the singers; my favorites after one episode being Lucy Walsh, Jesse Blaze Snider and Crosby Loggins. I think several of the others will also do well, once they get used to performing on live TV. It'll be fun to see how the kids do after a couple weeks in after the initial nerves die down.

I'll be watching this one again - if nothing else, I get to see the House Band again!!! Well, some of them anyway...

Loved the INXS house band! I missed the first one but will catch the next. An interesting concept to be sure.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bullymom;2895965;
    Loved the INXS house band! I missed the first one but will catch the next. An interesting concept to be sure.
    You can watch the first episode online. PM me if you need the link and I'll send it to you. You could also probably catch a repeat on MTV sometime before the next episode airs. I know they've repeated it several times already.

And yes, it was awesome having the House Band bank on the telly!!!

Needs some comments here--one of the best reality shows going now.

Lizard's Priceless Styling Comments

Lucy Walsh--loved the dress and quiet jewelry "A"

Lil B Sure--Casual orange sweat shirt doesn't match the serious song. Should wear a suit jacket.

Jesse--Don't want to see his chest. His outfit reminds me of a poor person who cannot afford clothes. It looked styled by a twelve year old. I would prefer to see him in a white t shirt. Or he could wear a matching bright t shirt and jeans (like orange t shirt with orange jeans). Or wear a jacket with a t shirt to dress like an adult.

Laura Johnson--Outfit was perfect. Avril doesn't own a look. Get over it judges. Maybe a formal next week would be nice to mix it up.

Money--Dress it up some. Go black, white or color. Perhaps show some leg to get points.

Landon Brown--Tuned in late today. I don't recall having problems with his clothes when I watched it Thursday. But he wasn't singing much. He needs a better song choice.

Akiba--Neckline O.K. Jewelry O.K. Want to see different jewelry next week though. She has obvious size difficulties to overcome. Her legs are big. Guessing she is more of a pear than an apple shape. I don't want to see peg leg on her with heels. The only way to handle her size issue is with proportional dressing. I suggest a fitted bodice with semi-full skirt or straight leg pants (to handle size without looking like an old lady). Also,don't pick fat girl songs.

Chloe--Black is good on her. Cocktail and evening dressing is good. She should avoid goth thrift store outfits in upcoming weeks. It should go without saying, but you never know what some people might do.

Crosby Loggins--Like his look. The jacket shows he has some pride in his presentation. Casual outfit matches the song he is singing. Very Sexy! Look forward to seeing him in the next week.

Loving this show!! No wonder why the band is good...

No favorite yet, but you gotta love Dee Snider's son..

I enjoyed the show too, and was thrilled to see some of the House Band on my TV. YAY!

I liked Lucy Walsh and Crosby Loggins the best, it will be fun to see how all the kids do during this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;2902010;
    I liked Lucy Walsh and Crosby Loggins the best, it will be fun to see how all the kids do during this competition.
    ohhh.. I love those two too! also, Landon Brown.. he has good smooth voice. haha.. he just needs to loose up on the stage and not be so nervous.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

I am glad that others like this show too. I have NO real fave so far, but least fave is probably Landon Brown.
    I really wish that James Taylor/Carly Simon's son was on here - I have heard that he is a singer too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast