+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rock the Cradle on MTV

Re: Rock the Cradle on MTV

I liked Landon Brown okay, just seemed like he was wayyyyy nervous. Pretty much liked them all. Olivia Newton John's daughter and Landon seemed the most nervous though. I think Olivia's daughter (Chloe?) probably did the worst this week to be honest.

I'm loving this show so far. They all seem like very sweet and talented kids. I'm going to hate when they start to get picked off. I have no favorites as of yet, just waiting to see a bit more of them.

I kinda liked this show, too, and I don't want to see any of them voted off, especially with the way public type voting on shows usually goes.

It's interesting to see these kids in the beginning of their (hopeful) careers.

lily

OMG! They were showing a few repeats of ANTM, and then this show came on live at 8 pm here. I got to see about five mins of it, just enough to get me interested, when they switched back to ANTM repeats!

No fair!

I hate mtv sometimes, grrrrr!

BTW, anybody who watches feel free to post what happens, since we don't get the good (first run) shows on here till 11 pm most of the time.

The kids were starting to kinda rag on each other backstage. That's what they were showing, what the kids were saying, and Dee Schneider's boy was talking about Kenny Loggins kid and saying something about most of them not being real rockers.

It's true too. MTV changed their definition of what rock really is a long time ago, and some of us purists (lol, i was raised on Zeppelin and Floyd) didn't appreciate it when they started defining rock stars as these kids out there doing mostly pop and rap.

I remember the old days of MTV of course, when they first came on the air and I discovered bands like U2 and the rest. Now that was rock.

lily

(even given a loose definition of rock, i still wanted to see this show....guess i've adapted)

I want to send Jesse Schneider home.

It is heart warming to see the dads help their kids.

Akiba--good outfit; nervous rendition of a fabulous song; good daddy for picking that song

Landon--great abs (and I am not normally a lover of naked singers); took a little to come out of the box; good job; good daddy for picking that song

Lara Johnston--love you girl; I wonder what the best songs are for you though

Lucy Walsh--should have gotten that seat this week; love you girl

Crosby Loggins--sexy man; you are sexxxxxy

Chloe--Unique bird; love to see you perform; would love to see you on t.v. in some new hip show

Lil--Dressed perfectly this week; if the song is not working switch it; I started thinking of Tiny Tim singing Tippy Tippy Toes song. You don't want us envisioning that; girls seem to love you though; so you could overcome that song error.

I just heard A'kiba (sp?) and she was off key!

From that and the way she looks she needs to go. I'm sorry but she butchered that song.

lily

(btw, what was up with those judges? giving that performance higher scores than they gave Laura, and she sang so much better.)

(Crosby sucked too...he was boring)
    Last edited by lilymax1; 04-11-2008 at 01:46 AM.

Olivia Newton-John's daughter Chloe is scary. the lips o.O and she sounds like she is out of breath after every word.
    why Lucy Walsh got so low scores on the 2nd week.. she wasn't that bad.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax1;2910400;
    The kids were starting to kinda rag on each other backstage. That's what they were showing, what the kids were saying, and Dee Schneider's boy was talking about Kenny Loggins kid and saying something about most of them not being real rockers.
    I don't get why the show is called Rock the cradle, because they really aren't rockers.. but yeaahhh, being a rocker isn't the concept of the show, so they can't bash about "you are not a rocker", because it's not what is a about.

ohhh.. and Lil' B. Sure.. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT VOICE?! sqeaaaakyyyy.. made me think is he related to Stacy Ann from ANTM
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

Chloe and Akiba were horrible... Lucy, Snider, and Loggins were very good - the rest in the middle. I'm not getting the 10 for Chloe from Belinda at all - she was barely intelligible and offkey the whole song.

Al B. Sure made a terrible song choice for his son .That's one terribly hard song to sing (To give this kid of all things a Maxwell song to sing is ambitious-Maxwell has an unbelievable vocal range). That was a def. case of a parent believing their child could do anything.

I agree about A'keiba's outfit.she could use some good style pointers.

Jesse Schneider irritates me to no end. He's really cocky. Bouncing around onstage and screaming over some loud music does not make one the ultimate rocker. He shouldn't get sucked into the title of the show either. It really isn't about rock music at all or else the r&b kids wouldn't be there, nor would Crosby or Chloe. Basically the kid needs to mellow out a bit, he's got too far to go to begin acting like he's already a cut above the rest. It may just make the public vote against you if you can't show a little humility.

Very true. Some humility would be nice.

I wish the show really WAS about rock, but it isn't. I have to agree.

The kids all have different styles, which makes it interesting, but not too sure anybody's really found their niche yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast