+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: High School Reunion

FORT Fan

Re: High School Reunion

How sad the finale didn't even garner a buzz on this thread. As Starbucks880 noted above it was quite draining watching some of these episodes and the others were a big bore. The finale was the latter, still I thought it was sweet when Lynette gave Drew a kiss.

Jessica comparing herself to the lone swan was so pathetic, the woman needs therapy ASAP.

I didn't see if Jessica even attended the reunion prom. Did anyone ask her?
    She really does need therapy. Let's pray she gets it. A few of the alums should go, too.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3409350;
    I didn't see if Jessica even attended the reunion prom. Did anyone ask her?
    She really does need therapy. Let's pray she gets it. A few of the alums should go, too.
    I don't remember seeing her at the prom. I think the big guy (Manny?) asked two girls when they were hanging out at the football field -- Jessica was one. Maybe she didn't get any screen time at the big event (thankfully).

And let me say for the last time 'I so don't care about Tom and Kara'. What a snoozefest watching those two.

FORT Newbie

Where is everyone? New show has started.

The new show has started and from the season previews it looks very good. As for the first show, I really enjoyed it and I'm already hooked, although that isn't difficult for me. Hope people start posting.

FORT Fogey

What to say about the "Summer Girls...." I don't know why I'm watching, but I am. The "Football Star," and the "Late Bloomer" are a cute couple.

I really want the Summer Girls to crash and burn. Somehow, someway, let them experience consequences for shallowness.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3807358;
    I really want the Summer Girls to crash and burn. Somehow, someway, let them experience consequences for shallowness.
    even worse than the summer girls is that homophobic jerk he is awful. surely he is acting, no one is really that awful are they? lol I like this show though and I agree that football guy and late bloomer are cute

While I think Joe and Rachelle are cute, I really feel for Jody. Plus, based on what she said about Joe cheating on her back in the day, I have to wonder if he's changed his ways.

John is a class-a jerk. He clearly has serious emotional issues that cause him to act like and that and push everyone away from him. I don't know that I'd care enough to stick around to find out what those issues are.

The Summer Girls are bitches and, frankly, I wasn't all that impressed with the pics of them in h.s. Plus, the stuck-up attitude doesn't improve anyone's looks.

Antanus reminds me of an ex who died, so I have a soft spot for him.

Anyone want to predict who's proposing to whom? I think Joe will propose to Rachelle and it won't last. Didn't she say her divorce was JUST finalized and that they were married for 16 years? I wouldn't want to get in the middle of that. Probably Antanus and his gf will get engaged and I predict that the wedding will be that married couple renewing their vows.

Has this show always been so short on content? I watched the last episode online and it was just under 35 minutes long. Take away the massive amounts of previewing and reviewing and it's not even 30 minutes of show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3808347;
    While I think Joe and Rachelle are cute, I really feel for Jody. Plus, based on what she said about Joe cheating on her back in the day, I have to wonder if he's changed his ways.

John is a class-a jerk. He clearly has serious emotional issues that cause him to act like and that and push everyone away from him. I don't know that I'd care enough to stick around to find out what those issues are.

The Summer Girls are bitches and, frankly, I wasn't all that impressed with the pics of them in h.s. Plus, the stuck-up attitude doesn't improve anyone's looks.

Antanus reminds me of an ex who died, so I have a soft spot for him.

Anyone want to predict who's proposing to whom? I think Joe will propose to Rachelle and it won't last. Didn't she say her divorce was JUST finalized and that they were married for 16 years? I wouldn't want to get in the middle of that. Probably Antanus and his gf will get engaged and I predict that the wedding will be that married couple renewing their vows.

Has this show always been so short on content? I watched the last episode online and it was just under 35 minutes long. Take away the massive amounts of previewing and reviewing and it's not even 30 minutes of show.

My thoughts:

Proposals: Joe & Rachelle
    Antanus & his girlfriend
    Lori & her classmate crush

Wedding: Married couple w/disabled child renewing their vows.

On the Jody/Joe/Rachelle front. I don't feel that bad for Jody or worried about Joe necessarily. For all her crying and being upset about what Joe did in the past she still dated him after high school and came to the reunion with the intent of getting him back. If he was that bad beyond high schoool years she shouldn't have come in wanting him back or been sad when he didn't want to pursue it. i'm pretty sure that he was the typical bad jock much like Antus during high school young, horny, and inconsiderate. i don't think that necessarily translates into his adult dating life. even the kiss and what happened on his date with Jodi is not indicative of that. She asked him for the kiss that he gave. He got caught up in the nostalgia of the couple they once were for one night and one night only. anyone who meets a long lost love and relives their romance through pictures, etc. after years a part would.
    But, he made no promises of future interests and was very clear and upfront with her. Something he probably wasn't when they were in high school. She interested in the rival guys who come from the preview so i think she got the message.

Whether Joe and Rachelle's engagement will last is anybody's guess. The ex-husband is a problem. However, he's going to know tha upfront since the ex-husband drops by Hawaii according to the previews. If he proposes knowing that they might last. Although, unfortunately the ex-husband will be a continuing presence since they have a kid together. That will be the true test.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3808369;
    Wedding: Married couple w/disabled child renewing their vows.
    who is the married couple? I missed them somehow

+ Reply to Thread