+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: High School Reunion

Re: High School Reunion

I've watched this show occasionally--the first season i've watched. Man, that Jessica is crazy. Not to mention I can't get over her appearance--she is trying way to hard to look younger than she is. Even if it is true, which it seems like it is probably, Jessica certainly shouldn't have aired this in front of everyone--and for what? Because Marciela wanted to talk to other people and didn't want to be around Jessica all the time. I can really see why she stopped talking to her. I had a friend like that who I wanted to help and had two suicide attempts--those types of people just wear you out. But one thing I am curious about--if they hadn't talked for 20 years, as Marciela said--why would she tell her such a secret, especially sense she knew what type of person Jessica was? I hope people don't look down on Marciela--I don't think this would make her a bad person at all. Mistakes are made by everyone--and who knows, she could have been in desperate times or had a drug habit.

I didn't see the last episode, but the woman Liz and that chearleader that tormented her--did they work things out? I only saw the previews where they were sent out to the wilderness with a lot of potential weapons.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 03-26-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3394133;
    I didn't see the last episode, but the woman Liz and that chearleader that tormented her--did they work things out? I only saw the previews where they were sent out to the wilderness with a lot of potential weapons.
    They supposedly worked things out. I don't think they're best friends now or anything.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3394133;
    I hope people don't look down on Marciela--I don't think this would make her a bad person at all. Mistakes are made by everyone--and who knows, she could have been in desperate times or had a drug habit.
    I feel bad for Marciela too, from what I saw it seems the secret is true and if it is we don't know the circumstances that drove her to that life. Watching Jessica torment the poor woman, the scenes leading up to her blowup, were unbelievable and it was (IMO) 100% about jealousy -- she wanted Scott W. What she did was unforgivable.

While I'm on my little soapbox I'd like to add I find Tyrone almost as appalling as her. That guy just irritates the crap out of me. When his 'boys' came to the house and one got really drunk and the group wanted him out of the house Tyrone kept saying 'he never treated ME that way...' Then he goes on to chastise everyone for discussing it in a group. He then is one to set Jessica off by suggesting she be left behind while the house goes boating (although in all fairness Jessica was ready to lay into Marciela, she was waiting for an opportunity). Still who the heck is Tyrone to make such a suggestion, I can't stand this guy, every time he opens his mouth I cringe b/c I know he'll be spouting nonsense telling the group 'how it is'. I hate this guy.

Yep, she was totally jealous of Marcelia's romance with the guy she didn't decide she liked until AFTER Marcelia asked him out. She was also jealous because M was making friends with everyone else and J didn't have her in her pocket anymore.

Whether it was true or not, I tend to believe M when she said she hadn't had any contact with J for 20 years. A lot can happen in those years, and without trying to be harsh, M didn't look like a prostitute with 20 years experience. (Trying to say it nicely!!)

Tyrone did stir things deliberately by suggesting that J stay behind (I guess by herself!) while the others partied on the boat. Agreed, J was looking for a reason but he was outta line for that too.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I thought Tyrone was within his rights to suggest Jessica stay behind. Perhaps Jessica was getting even more moody than what they showed. Who know? One thing I remembered about her was she kept saying she had proof in her pocket about Marciela's profession. I wonder if it was a newspaper article about her being arrested? Whatever it was, Jessica was way out of line. I still contend she in need of serious meds.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3394724;
    I thought Tyrone was within his rights to suggest Jessica stay behind. Perhaps Jessica was getting even more moody than what they showed. Who know? One thing I remembered about her was she kept saying she had proof in her pocket about Marciela's profession. I wonder if it was a newspaper article about her being arrested? Whatever it was, Jessica was way out of line. I still contend she in need of serious meds.
    I didn't watch the first season but i went back and re read some of the discussions and a lot of them were talking about whether or not it was REAL or just another "reality" show with actors...my point being is yes j was out of line ..but were these two girls really ever friends and did they really go to school together or are these people actors on another "reality" show..its so easy to use photo shop and create fake photos..so i don't know

but if it is REAL..then that was a sorry thing for J to do

but if it is FAKE...its just a story to create more DRAMA which is exactly what it did
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I seriously doubt this accusation is true. If you watch the scenes, Jessica is making no sense and made several other unsubstantiated accusations and crazy inferences-- and to be honest, from what I saw, she's completely unstable and untrustworthy.

Jessica is definitely unstable and needs help. She's also very immature. If I recall, she was the ugly duckling in high school and, when she came to the reunion, all the guys thought she was quite attractive! They couldn't believe how much she had changed. I think that she thought she was going to be the center of attention there and wasn't. When that happened, she pouted and in her mind became that ugly duckling again. Just like children who are constantly made fun of in school and lash out, that's what I think happened to Jessica. All of her hate came spewing out. Sadly, Maricela was in her line of fire. I hope Maricela comes out of this show with her reputation intact and that Jessica gets the help she so obviously needs.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3394724;
    I don't agree with this. I think it was dumb that he did that. Why should she have to stay behind by herself when the guys didn't even have to do anything, yet they get to go?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Saw the newest episode last night. Jessica seems to be one of those people who don't get that people DO change over the years, and IT'S OK. I think that people should be worried if people DON'T change. Jessica was determined to make Maricela the same "friend" that she remembered/used from high school. No matter what Maricela has done in her life, it is Maricela's story to tell...or not...Jessica is angry because Maricela has moved on in her life, and Jessica has not. If this doesn't show you that plastic surgery is not going to "fill your soul", then nothing will; you've got to live your own truth. And if Maricela is doing positive things in her life, after doing some questionable things, she is entitled to do that! It's all about growing and maturing. That's how we all learn; I'm sure we've all had experiences of which we may not be proud. Jessica has not learned that friends don't necessarily come into your life for a lifetime; it's OK for people to move on. And you can't bully them into staying with you, if they don't want to or need to. Sometimes, we just may outgrow past friendships. And it's OK.

Jessica seems to be a very sad, lonely individual.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread