+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: High School Reunion

FORT Newbie

Re: High School Reunion

High School Reunion was on the WB for three seasons a few years back. You can even see the old forums on this site still. I remember the VH1 special that mentioned and "exposed" it, there were some people from the same high school from different graduation years or something, that's all. It wasn't "fake."

Now it's on TVLand but it's a 20 year reunion now, and I think it's pretty good. Lots of drama, and although the little high school names attached to everyone are kind of cheesy ("The Jock," "The Geek") it's definitely real. There's one poor guy Mike there who's ex-wife slept with his best friend and they both showed up and the poor guy is miserable! Good stuff.

I feel bad for Mike but Steve slept with his EX-wife, which doesnt make it right but why is no one blaming the ex-wife? All the blame has been put on Steve, again I am not condoning the affair but it was not an extra-marital affair. She is a loser, they shoot boot her off the island! I think for the most part, they all look good. The Bully looks the worst but he is the happily married classmate, right?

So, what is Yvette's big secret??

Pure speculation but I bet its just that she is not divorced yet, or something like that.

FORT Fogey

The show would have been more interesting to me if they had found people who hadn't kept in touch. I would have liked to have seen people who were really close in high school but hadn't seen each other in 15 years. Drifted apart during the college years. And picking a more diverse school would have been nice.

I used to watch it halfheartedly when it was the 10 year reunions, I like this with 20 better, people have more of a chance to grow up, have lives, baggage, etc. 10 years out of high school I think was too soon.

I am still cracking up that Deanna (I think that's her name, the popular girl that the 'pipsqueak' Justin is going on the hall passes with) has been married four times and something she said last week. When they were on their last hall pass and entwined for the pineapple bite she said 'just like a wedding!' I don't know if she was intending to be funny or not, but the 'you would know!' was an automatic reaction.

The ex-wife is totally the drama queen and is thriving on the new drama. Notice how she's right next to ...not husband, the other guy, for all of the fights? She's picking fights with everyone and doing everything she can to be in the middle of anything and everything. She needs to get thrown under the bus and the previews of Mike having someone show up that is interested in him seems to be exactly what she needs. Even before friend said what would you do if a woman was throwing herself at you my husband and I (he will be HORRIFIED that I've gone public with our guilty tv secret!) talked about how it was probably more her fault than his, she seemed like the type that would think of the single worst thing she could do and then run out and do it.

Class of '91 here getting all caught up in high school drama...I need a life...
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Newbie

yeah Lana is hysterical, great TV. Did you see the crazy look in her eye when Jason told her to get help? She like talked to herself for a second, so funny.

I love this show. People with history both positive and negative thrown together and forced to confront it. Fantastic. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Great soundtrack too!

From what Lana's ex (Mike?) was saying it sounds as if the affair was budding while they were still married. He said that Steve would call to talk about his marital problems and ended up talking to Lana instead. Then he moves in with Mike and on the weekends when Mike has the kids Steve is with Lana. You can tell Lana still has the hots for Steve. Hope I got the names right.

The millionaire and the girl who turned him down but wants to get back together...I get a strong vibe from her that she is just using him. He needs to listen to his gut feeling about her.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She's reevaluated her stance about his money, and changed her mind. I felt that, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Deanna does not have a good track record, married 4 times????? I think the pipsqueak is cute but I think Deanna is using him. I think he is using her, too. I dont think he is that attracted to her, its just the possibility of sleeping with the "popular girl". So sad that almost everyone on that show has been married and divorced at least once!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast