+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: High School Reunion

Re: High School Reunion

I'm getting a sick sort of glee from the other Summer Girl not being asked out yet ... the nerd got asked out before she did.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3813187;
    I'm getting a sick sort of glee from the other Summer Girl not being asked out yet ... the nerd got asked out before she did.
    I believe she's married. I think the others know she's married which they don't know that the nerd girl is married. i think Elena is only single Summer girl.

Rats. There goes my glee ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3813187;
    Actually, John asked Elena out when he received his 'hall pass.' Karma.

ETA: Just realized you were referring to Lissette, the other Summer Girl. Sorry! (I think she is married, as someone else has already mentioned).

FORT Fanatic

I am really enjoying this season so far. I don't know what Elena and Lisette are like in real life, but on the show, they are coming across as being really nasty, miserable people. They had a lot of nerve calling out Cyndi for talking about them when all they have done is talk about and put down the other ladies.

I hate to break it to them, but neither of them were attractive in high school and they are not today either.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3813856;
    I am really enjoying this season so far. I don't know what Elena and Lisette are like in real life, but on the show, they are coming across as being really nasty, miserable people. They had a lot of nerve calling out Cyndi for talking about them when all they have done is talk about and put down the other ladies.

I hate to break it to them, but neither of them were attractive in high school and they are not today either.
    True, but I was thinking that Cyndi needs to let all that high school stuff go. It's been 20 years and she's still talking about being the nerd. It feels like she still has something to prove, when she really shouldn't. I like her and I think Elena and Lisette were mean to her, but I do think Cyndi has a bit of a chip on her shoulder. How many times did she talk about being the nerd and it being weird to be with all the "popular kids"? With the exception of the Summer Girls, it seems like no one else cares who Cyndi used to be.

Poor Antanus. I hope he can get over his fear of commitment and propose to his gf. She's adorable and they seem like a great couple. It's actually hard for me to watch him because he reminds me so much of my ex who died: they even have the same speech patterns and expressions.

John is just about the most irritating person I've seen on TV in a very long time. What a hateful, nasty little man he is. I have to wonder what the hell happened to cause him to be like that. If he behaves like that in his real life, I don't imagine he has any friends. Who'd put up with his b.s.? I hope he gets the boot from the reunion, so the rest of them can have fun.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I did notice how they said they weren't going to tell little man John about their fun plans for the beach, but looks to me like he was there, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This was my favorite season of High School Reunion! I loved the wedding it was so sweet! Loved that Joe cried at the wedding, lol. Loved everything that happened leading up to th eprom with everybody. Humpty Dance, Yeah! Very happy for Joe & Rachelle on their engagement! I know they still have alot of obstacles, though. Especially, that ex-husband. And Jodi give it a rest already! It's been 20 years since high school and 16-18 years since the two of them broke up. Plus, she was married during that time. Joe has a right to be happy and not check in with her and consider her when he does something. She annoyed me to death with her little show at the prom. SHe even had 2 weeks to get used to the idea that Joe and Rachelle were together. Anyway, I loved the show 3 happy engaged/married couples within 2 weeks. Not bad for Fleiss, lol.

FORT Fogey

I used to love Digital Underground's "Humpty Dance."

I don't think poorly of Jody. She realized her reaction wasn't the best, and did congratulate Joe and Rachelle. I know it seemed more like a perfunctory apology, but I think that was maybe due to editing? The camera wasn't on them long enough to tell. What I got from the scene between her and the other girl who followed Jody (can't remember her name) was that Jody was embarrassed by her reaction, but couldn't help herself. The scene was shot so quickly, but I think I saw her embarrassment, and I think I saw her trying to not be so upset. I think it was a natural emotional reaction she couldn't stop. I do think she recovered well enough to try to accept it. Plus, I think the alcohol everyone was drinking (even if just one drink) may have heightened her emotions a little. Hope Jody really has moved on. I read that Joe and Rachelle are still together, so good for them!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is the last episode online?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread