Closed Thread
Page 9 of 208 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

FORT Regular

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

I loved watching little Hannah with the horse. She is the cutest of the little girls. When she was folding the laundry my heart melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Allygirl;2886716;
    I loved watching little Hannah with the horse. She is the cutest of the little girls. When she was folding the laundry my heart melted.
    I am with you! Oh my gosh, when she was folding the laundry and glancing at the cameraman to check if he was watching, was the cutest thing. Those kids are so adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2885978;
    Anyone who can produce that many children by artificial means and expect special consideration for the choice they made, from expecting extra Medicaid assistance from the taxpayers when they weren't entitled to it, to selling out their kids' privacy to a TV show so they can profit from them, gets no respect from me.

As for their finances, the Gosselins are the ones who made their circumstances public, no one forced it on them. There would have been no speculation about them if they had taken care of their own business, as most of us who prefer to lead a private life would do. But when you expect taxpayers to finance a situation you voluntarily created, and go public with it, then, yeah, people are going to talk about your finances.

What's being discussed about these people is what they chose to put into the public domain, so I have no sympathy for what they've brought on themselves. No one is invading their privacy, they sold it to TLC when they chose to do a TV show and, in so doing, made themselves targets for criticism. If they're not thick-skinned enough to take it, they need to pull the plug on their show and return to private life.

I guess we could also say that if watching entitled people on tv bothers one we maybe should just turn the channel. Wow I am going to have to get me some multiples so that I can feel entitled to sleepless nights, large loads or laundry,days filled with screaming and crying children,people who love to look and mock. yeah that is really something to feel entitled about. I would hazard to say entitled is the last thing this family feels. Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2885978;
    Anyone who can produce that many children by artificial means and expect special consideration for the choice they made, from expecting extra Medicaid assistance from the taxpayers when they weren't entitled to it, to selling out their kids' privacy to a TV show so they can profit from them, gets no respect from me.

As for their finances, the Gosselins are the ones who made their circumstances public, no one forced it on them. There would have been no speculation about them if they had taken care of their own business, as most of us who prefer to lead a private life would do. But when you expect taxpayers to finance a situation you voluntarily created, and go public with it, then, yeah, people are going to talk about your finances.

What's being discussed about these people is what they chose to put into the public domain, so I have no sympathy for what they've brought on themselves. No one is invading their privacy, they sold it to TLC when they chose to do a TV show and, in so doing, made themselves targets for criticism. If they're not thick-skinned enough to take it, they need to pull the plug on their show and return to private life.
    Well said.......I've rarely seen seen a wreck where people don't at least slow down to have a look.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2885791;
    On the show last night she said they couldn't get a sitter for 8 different outings so decided to get a sitter when they take the girls out but for the boys they would go alone with Jon for 'male bonding'.
    There are 3 more girls outings and 1 boys outing left. I'll be curious as to which of those she can find a sitter for.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

I guess we could also say that if watching entitled people on tv bothers one we maybe should just turn the channel.
    Whatever one's reasons may be to watch the show, it doesn't require a ticket on the Gosselin love train for permission from TLC to tune in.

sleepless nights, large loads or laundry,days filled with screaming and crying children
    Why should any of those things allow the Gosselins to feel "entitled" to everyone's sympathy when they knowingly made the choice to have that many children? Who in their right mind would make that choice and not know that all of those things would happen, and more?? Kate is an RN, she was fully aware of the consequences of using fertility drugs and she did it anyway. That's fine, but then save the "woe is me, I'm so exhausted" schtick, especially when she has had plenty of volunteers to help since the time the sextuplets were babies, to do things like fold laundry, watch the kids, someone who comes in to clean on a regular basis--a lot of help that lots of large families do without but manage just fine anyway.

I would hazard to say entitled is the last thing this family feels.
    I disagree. I think J&K have been all about entitlement once they figured out that the sextuplets meant $$$, whether it was the potential for getting more out of the taxpayers for extending the Medicaid nurse service, or the ability to sell their kids' privacy for a contract with TLC.

I've flipped onto this show a few times while flipping around... fun , but I agree completely with what MizDaisy says.

The family is extremely lucky in one respect: the sextuplets all survived, and appear not to have any major developmental issues or anything that I notice. And I do sort of feel sorry for Jon-- often seems to have this "WHAT have I gotten myself into?!!" look, and Kate can be pretty abrasive at times.

Anyways, I don't want any children of my own, but if I did, and especially if I was infertile, I think it would make more sense to opt for one of the ones that is already in this overcrowded world needing a home (true, it might not be an infant or "perfect" but still a child in need), rather than going with fertility treatments. But that is just my opinion, of course; don't want to cast judgement on others in that respect.

I am currently watching this show now and I absolutely LOVE it. I do have so much respect for Kate and Jon because they are dealing with 8 little ones. It makes me excited for the time that I have mine whenever that may be. I haven't been watching this show very long, but I am addicted to it. Does anyone know if its going to be on much longer or if its almost over?

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;2890993;
    I am currently watching this show now and I absolutely LOVE it. I do have so much respect for Kate and Jon because they are dealing with 8 little ones. It makes me excited for the time that I have mine whenever that may be. I haven't been watching this show very long, but I am addicted to it. Does anyone know if its going to be on much longer or if its almost over?
    Its getting close to the end of this season, but I am sure they will be back for another season. They are showing reruns on
    ON-DEMAND. Reruns of the one hour specials run occasionally on the DHC.
    I love those babies!

I hate the way Kate refers to organic foods as healthy, just because they are organic. She doesnt believe her kids should eat candy, but it the candy is organic....she gives it to them. So, in her book, organic sugar is "healthy". Sugar is sugar whether its sprayed with pesticides or not.

Closed Thread