Closed Thread
Page 52 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;3045161;
    As a child we were the Bobbsey Twins in real life. Boy, girl, boy, girl.
    I love Jon and Kate and am glad that Maddy now has the camera as her "conscience". She has seen herself being mean to the wee ones on the show and is now correcting her behavior. I wish my older brother had had a camera in house. It would have saved trips to the emergency room for broken bones and stitches for the rest of us.
    And regarding fertility treatments. We were born in 1951 and 1952. The really amazing thing is that the same time mom was in the hospital having us there were other women having twins too. Both times!!!!!
    Interesting! I wonder what was in the water?

Actually fertility treatments were around in the 50s. Nothing like today, of course, with in-vitro, donor eggs, sperm banks, etc.

Mom and Dad got married in 1950. Figured they would start a family as soon as possible. Three years later, after going from one doc to another who recommended adoption, the last doc put Mom on "something" and she finally conceived. Nine and a half years later, she had her seventh child. My older brother is 26 months older than me and that is the longest span between babes. My next brother is 9 months and two weeks younger than me. She swears they waited six weeks after my birth, and I believe her. Back then a stethoscope was used to hear the heartbeat and her due date was impossible to predict. She was induced with my brother when the doc figured he was ready to be born. He was the smallest babe of all of us at 6-1/2 lbs. We were called Irish twins. Everyone after that is anywhere from 13-18 months apart in age.

I just remember a bassinet in the corner of the living room for ever! There were always two cribs in use at any given time. My parents had a really team approach towards parenting. Remember, back in the 50s there were few of the modern conveniences that we have now. No 24-hour supermarkets, no microwaves, disposable everything. Mom did wash diapers for over a decade in the washing maching and dryer. For years my parents went to separate Masses on Sundays; the other stayed at home taking care of the kids.

As we got older, she did have a neighborhood teenager come in every afternoon after school to help her out. She would watch us while Mom got dinner started, etc. Homework was done at the dining room table with all of us sitting around, Mom at the head of the table. The youngest kids colored while the older ones did their work.

She never complained about being tired, even though she had to have been exhausted. She has often repeated that my older brother was her miracle baby and the rest of us were her little blessings. It can be done if one has the right mind frame. Something that bugs me to bits about Kate. She should thank her lucky stars that all of her kids are happy, healthy and normal kids.

Kate should be counting her blessings instead of spending her energy degrading her husband in front of their kids. Every singe one of those children are a miracle and I hope she realizes how fortunate she is that each and every child is normal, healthy and happy.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3045771;
    Kate should be counting her blessings instead of spending her energy degrading her husband in front of their kids. Every singe one of those children are a miracle and I hope she realizes how fortunate she is that each and every child is normal, healthy and happy.
    I agree, you know Kate wouldn't be so "exhausted" if she would just lighten up a little. It takes a lot of energy to complain, correct, and always be the "right" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;3045795;
    I agree, you know Kate wouldn't be so "exhausted" if she would just lighten up a little. It takes a lot of energy to complain, correct, and always be the "right" one.
    Exactly! I hope this never happens, but if there was a catastrophic event in her life, she would lighten up and realize what is really important!

FORT Newbie

To whomever made the comment that they try and see Kate for only a reality show regarding her comments. I had watched a marathon and when the gum epi came on and the way she treated the little one and threatened to throw away his bear I wanted to come through the TV. Sure we lose our cool every now and then....but she wouldn't even turn her face from the damn organic peanut butter to see his little teared face. Another sib had to comfort him.

I don't know any parent that hasn't done something they regretted later. The only difference is, our bad moments aren't caught on tape and broadcast for everyone to judge.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

i'm one of the few here who actually likes Kate - but i really had to cringe when she threatened to throw his bear away. it wasn't his fault really that gum got into it, he shouldn't have had gum in the first place (Aunt Jodi, you should have known better!).

but to threaten to take away a security item, let alone actually doing it, that is really cruel and could have some lasting impressions and insecurities attached to it.

Tonights infomercial episode was a pathetic waste of my time. They showed maybe 5 minutes of the kids. Honestly TLC do you really think the viewers give a rat's behind about the state of Jon's follicles?

FORT Fanatic

My question about tonight, why did they tell Kate, that she HAD to do the staples herself. Since when do they tell you that you HAVE to do something. I only caught a few minutes of the show tonight, but that really bugged me.

Closed Thread