Closed Thread
Page 206 of 208 FirstFirst ... 106156196197198199200201202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2077

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

FORT Regular

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

I know this is my first post and so you'll think I'm a Kate defender, but really I've been lurking on the boards since the totally underrated "Joe Schmo."

Anyway, I think this thread is a very telling example of how Americans like to criticize motherhood. It's almost a national sport. No matter what Kate does or says, it is construed as evil. Saying she has absolutely no love or compassion for her kids? As a mother, that level of demonization just makes me sad.

I also think that people are too quick to judge with 100 % certainty things like Joel-gate and cupcake-gate. There are many valid ways to parent children. One school of thought is that when you set a rule, you follow-through so that your children know where the boundaries are. I have toddler twins and I've found that it's important to be more strict with them than I normally would b/c otherwise things can get out of control quickly. And when things get out of control, little people can physically get hurt. Sure, Kate is obsessed with them getting dirty, but I don't think that's all she worries about.

you'll think I'm a Kate defender
    You can be a Kate defender or a Kate basher, all are welcome here!
    a very telling example of how Americans like to criticize motherhood
    You are very right, as people still, in this day, like to critisixe women for staying home or working outside the home. That is a personal decision. As for criticizing Kate, she brings it on herself. You can't edit good stuff in, you can only edit OUT. And as for cricizing moms, we could open a thread for Becki Dilley and there would be nothin' but love. At least from me. She has multiples and has a great attitude about them.

Back to the show: I just hopped around the channels and lucky me: I caught poor Collin crying (and sweating!) over his "hiney" hurting. Did Kate care? Maybe, but she certainly cared more about those damn beds.

FORT Newbie

I wrote to the Discovery Channel and this was the response I received:

"Dear Viewer: Thank you for contacting Discovery Communications, LLC. We appreciate your correspondence and for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us. Given the issues you raised, we have forwarded your comments to our program management and executives. Feedback about our shows is encouraged and this will help them plan for future programs. It is these types of comments that contribute to creating change and improving programming. By their nature, documentaries express the view of the filmmaker. Our networks present viewers with a window to the world and expose people to awide variety of issues. While not all viewers will agree with the perspective of every program, we allow our viewers to draw their own conclusions about what they see. Again, thank you for contacting Discovery Communications, LLC.Sincerely, Viewer RelationsDiscovery Communications, LLC"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3129185;
    Well that would be the life if that's what she was doing. She may have been outside but I'd love to see the episode where she's playing with them. Sitting in a lawn chair in the driveway is a much more likely scenario.
    So what you are saying is that if it doesn't happen on tv, it doesn't happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by win-place-show;3129543;
    You can't edit good stuff in, you can only edit OUT.
    This is SO true and but for some reason no one wants to believe it. They DO edit out the sweet stuff and keep and spin the chaos.
    Watch, REALLY WATCH each episode and you will see that they show the same scene that is shot from different angles. Then they add voice overs. It creates a hectic image.

Quote Originally Posted by win-place-show;3129543;
    we could open a thread for Becki Dilley and there would be nothin' but love.
    Based on what I've read here, once the public caught wind of all of their freebies, a bit more then "love" would be tossed their way.

FORT Newbie

Why should a reality show about twins and tups have chaos and spin?

If they would keep it about the children, which is what is was supposed to be about in the first place, they would have plenty of viewers. From what I have read, people are interested in the dynamics of the kids, not the parents.

JMO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LordyBe!!;3129684;
    Why should a reality show about twins and tups have chaos and spin?

If they would keep it about the children, which is what is was supposed to be about in the first place, they would have plenty of viewers. From what I have read, people are interested in the dynamics of the kids, not the parents.

JMO
    But they do have plenty of viewers. The audience size averages about 2.5 million, which puts it in the top ranks for cable reality programming.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3129696;
    But they do have plenty of viewers. The audience size averages about 2.5 million, which puts it in the top ranks for cable reality programming.

Yes, your correct. I guess the point I was trying to make is that people would still tune in just to see the children anyways without the spin of J&K.

Am I making myself clear yet? LOL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LordyBe!!;3129705;
    Yes, your correct. I guess the point I was trying to make is that people would still tune in just to see the children anyways without the spin of J&K.

Am I making myself clear yet? LOL
    I can only speak for myself, but if it were a show with no spin or perspective at all, where a camera just filmed the kids playing and showed it, I would probably not watch all that often. To some degree, HBO does that with the show Kindergarten. If I'm flipping past that one, I may stop and watch for about 20 seconds, but then I move on. The famiy dynamic, commentary from Jon and Kate, and seeing how the very real issues and imprefections that parents face, multiplied by 8, come across on TV entertain me and give me a reason to tune in.

FORT Newbie

For me, if it wasn't for the lil rug rats, I would not continue to watch the show. If it was just J&K, I would definately keep channel surfing because I really wouldn't want to watch their relationship as they portray it on t.v as something that would interest me. But, thats just me and my little ole opionion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3129714;
    I can only speak for myself, but if it were a show with no spin or perspective at all, where a camera just filmed the kids playing and showed it, I would probably not watch all that often. To some degree, HBO does that with the show Kindergarten. If I'm flipping past that one, I may stop and watch for about 20 seconds, but then I move on. The famiy dynamic, commentary from Jon and Kate, and seeing how the very real issues and imprefections that parents face, multiplied by 8, come across on TV entertain me and give me a reason to tune in.
    My friend has a internet cam set up so anyone can watch his Pugs all day long. I tune in once a week for maybe 2 minutes. OR much more often if he tells me he's added something new. He gets a few (2-3) hits a week from outsiders wanting to watch his Pugs.

2.5 million viewers tune into J&K+8 weekly because they want to see new action. NOT the same ole same ole that they see in their own neighborhood (children quietly playing).

Closed Thread