Closed Thread
Page 204 of 208 FirstFirst ... 104154194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2077

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

FORT Newbie

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

This is totally off the subject but I am dying to know if anyone else has noticed. Has any seen Kate's tattoo? In the episode where she and Beth go to the spa on Mother's Day the camera shows her feet. She has a pretty good sized tattoo above her ankle. Does anyone know what it is of? It seems so against the persona she is trying to project. Not that anything is wrong with a tattoo, it just seems like that is out of character. But most importantly, WHAT IS IT?

FORT Newbie

I believe it is "Pooh"

I found this about Kates brother and sisters.
    In the show Jon and Kate Plus 8, it is not mentioned about any of her siblings, except for Kevin, who is married to Jodi, better knows as "aunt Jodi." They are frequently seen throughout the show, most commonly babysitting the kids. They have 4 kids.
    Here is the definitive sibling list:

Christen Largent - jewelery designer living in a suburb of Toledo (age 35)

Kendra Wilber - married to Jeff, living near Reading (age 39)

Clairissa Kreider (age 26) living at home with mom and dad

Kevin Kreider (Aunt Jodi's husband) living in Elizabethtown in the same subdivision as John and Kate

FORT Newbie

The ages are not correct since Kate is older than her sisters. Also, Clairissa is married with a son and does not live with her parents.

FORT Fogey

What do any of J&K's siblings have to do with the show "Jon and Kate plus 8"?

None of the siblings/parents/aunts/uncles are mentioned or involved with "LPBW", "RHoOC", "Baby Borrowers", "Real World", just to name a few of the latest in reality TV shows.
    So does this mean that ALL reality tv families have cut off ALL ties with their families?

FORT Newbie

I kind of agree about them not having anything to do with the show. Her siblings did not sign up for the public scrutiny that Kate did and should be left out of it as far as any personal info about them.

It's just so odd to me how someone who supposedly wanted children SO bad lacks so much in warmth and affection. No, these children are not abused. They are taken care of but week after week after week, I do not see any real warmth or affection or joy for them. Sure, Kate will sit on the loveseat and say things like "Oh, Joel is so dear, isn't he sweet?" or "Cara is so kind to the babies" and blah blah blah but even those things seems to be said without much emotion. There is just something lacking in her interaction with her children.

At first, I loved the show and I loved Kate. I really did. I though she was a wonderful mother because she seemed to have it all together and was so organized and seemed to have things running smoothly and I liked how they weren't afraid to take all 8 of their kids out in public. Boy, have I changed my mind. It didn't take long either. I think Kate has her priorities mixed up big time. She seems to think being a good mother equates to having a clean house, clean well matched outfits for her kids and making sure everyone follows her rules and charts.

Some can defend Kate and the show all they want. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I would really like to see (maybe I wouldn't) what goes on when the cameras aren't there. I bet there is a lot of screaming from Kate and a lot of crying from the kids. I also don't understand how a mother of 8 can sit around soooooo much. No matter where they are or what they are doing, anytime ANY of the kids need anything, all we see or hear is Kate telling Jon to take care of it. I really don't see what she does other than give everyone orders. My mother, a sweet grandmother, had to stop watching the show because Kate makes her so mad.

FORT Regular

I also agree that the siblings have nothing to do with the show. I guess J&K's siblings became a part of their storyline, if you will, because of Aunt Jodi and the infamous cupcake-gate, (which led us to "Julie" and her insightful blog). And when reality "stars" decide to allow themselves to be filmed, the viewing audience becomes more intrigued and tries to find any bit of information about them that they can, such as blogs and this forum! People are trying to have another source to get information from, and the family members of the stars wind up get their privacy invaded as well. The actual people being filmed should realize this by now, and should certainly consider this before signing on to do these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Figjam;3128858;
    I kind of agree about them not having anything to do with the show. Her siblings did not sign up for the public scrutiny that Kate did and should be left out of it as far as any personal info about them.
    You know, I can agree with this. I can understand them not being on tv or want their personal business talked about on tv. If my sister had a show, I wouldn't want to be on tv either. However, that's not the only case. We have heard from Jon and Kate's own mouth that they do not have contact with anyone on either side of their family (other than Kevin & Jodi, at that time). It's not that we just don't see them, it's that J&K+8 don't see them either. Here is a young family of 8 beautiful children and they have no grandparents or aunts, uncles, or cousins in their life. That is sad and ridiculous. If it was one family member, ok, but when you cut out every single member of both sides or your family, well hello, something is wrong and I really don't see how anyone can defend Kate or Jon on this.

Family is there to love you and support you and help you. You have 8 kids. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to have your family help you out and also to love your kids as well? What does Kate mean "none of them know how to help us". WTH? What does she mean "how"? Her way or no way? What exactly does she expect from these people? What does she want that they weren't giving her or her children? I just don't understand her. She makes me so angry and I agree, just wait until they kids grow up and write their tell all books. I bet we even get a Lifetime movie out of it.

FORT Newbie

IMO, the fact that Kate has cut off many members of her family should be a valid topic of discussion since it pertains to Kate and her personality. I just don't think if I was Kate's sister, I would want any personal info put out about me. After all, it's not their fault Kate is their sister.

Closed Thread