Closed Thread

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

Sweet Little Old Lady

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3125378;
    Please do not include me in the count of those finding it inappropriate to leave potty chairs all over the house.
    Didn't we learn on the hairplug episode that J&K empty those potty chairs only once per day? I remember Uncle Kevin being grossed out by the experience of emptying several reeking potties, including a couple in the laundry room. That house must smell like a porta-potty.

Before the episode in which Kevin described that olfactory treat, there was the episode in which Joel was placed on the laundry room floor when he had the audacity to vomit on his comforter. I seem to remember Kate's calling Joel 'Vomitus Boy.' Such a comfort is our Katie Irene!

Anyway, poor, sick, scared Joel got to lie on a thin blanket in the laundry surrounded by the smell of stinking potties, and Kate got to complain about having to wash his comforter.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartyQ;3127743;
    Anyway, poor, sick, scared Joel got to lie on a thin blanket in the laundry surrounded by the smell of stinking potties, and Kate got to complain about having to wash his comforter.
    Not to mention the machines were all going full force, usually when you have the flu, it is accompanied by a headache from the dehydration. It must have been so comforting to poor Joel to lie on the cold floor with loud machines and the door closed. Way to go Kate! Mom of the year! I did notice when Kate told Jon, he rushed in their to rescue poor Joel.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3127781;
    Not to mention the machines were all going full force, usually when you have the flu, it is accompanied by a headache from the dehydration. It must have been so comforting to poor Joel to lie on the cold floor with loud machines and the door closed. Way to go Kate! Mom of the year! I did notice when Kate told Jon, he rushed in their to rescue poor Joel.
    ITA. Cold floor, and dryers blowing hot air around the room. Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by yepperpepper;3127729;
    I didn't notice the heels at all, but I'm waiting for the rerun.

But I have noticed the boobages! Someone else has said on this forum that maybe it's a new bra. I want to know what type of bra that is; it works wonders!

You know she got that bra for free! I'm sure she'll mention who makes it in an upcoming episode. She'll also probably complain that she needs more bras because she is so tired of doing laundry.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

FORT Newbie

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8 - Do Kate's "Friends" have ulterior motives?

I wonder if Beth was truly Kate's friend or if the lure of being on TV was behind her motive to be so involved with the family. Maybe Kate realized this and this is why they are on the outs...of course, if the rumor is really true. It's ashame that Jon's and Kate's parents aren't in the kids lives. It would be interesting to find out why.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartyQ;3127743;
    Didn't we learn on the hairplug episode that J&K empty those potty chairs only once per day? I remember Uncle Kevin being grossed out by the experience of emptying several reeking potties, including a couple in the laundry room. That house must smell like a porta-potty.

Before the episode in which Kevin described that olfactory treat, there was the episode in which Joel was placed on the laundry room floor when he had the audacity to vomit on his comforter. I seem to remember Kate's calling Joel 'Vomitus Boy.' Such a comfort is our Katie Irene!

see, that is what I mean. Gross pottys all over the place even in the bed rooms...yuk

and poor Joel ...its like she blamed him for getting sick on purpose...

WHAT kind of mother treats a sick kid that way? My baby is 16 and even still when she is sick, I totally pamper her

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3127833;
    You know she got that bra for free! I'm sure she'll mention who makes it in an upcoming episode. She'll also probably complain that she needs more bras because she is so tired of doing laundry.
    did you notice on movie night the many times she mentioned that they didn't have much furniture? I am sure someone will be delivering theater seating for 10 any time now

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3127884;
    see, that is what I mean. Gross pottys all over the place even in the bed rooms...yuk

and poor Joel ...its like she blamed him for getting sick on purpose...

WHAT kind of mother treats a sick kid that way? My baby is 16 and even still when she is sick, I totally pamper her
    I still baby my kids (and my husband) when they are sick! And when my two older kids were younger, I use to check to see if they were still breathing every night! Okay, and I still check my 3 year old, I'll admit.

I have my 4 year old nephew this weekend. He is so more advanced. He just woke up from a nap...he decided he needed because he was cranky...HIS WORDS...

He went potty and then ate some chips and cleaned out the bowl and put it in the dishwasher himself, without ANY prompting from me.

We went outside and had a blast lighting some left over smoke bombs from the 4th. He is very good at lighting them with a big punk...

FORT Newbie

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8 - Do Kate's "Friends" have ulterior motives?

Quote Originally Posted by Shannerik;3127872;
    I wonder if Beth was truly Kate's friend or if the lure of being on TV was behind her motive to be so involved with the family. Maybe Kate realized this and this is why they are on the outs...of course, if the rumor is really true. It's ashame that Jon's and Kate's parents aren't in the kids lives. It would be interesting to find out why.

There is so much about the friends and other family member aspects of the situation that no one knows. However, taking into account that you cannot believe everything you read on the web and there is obviously much speculation here, what we are aware of (having heard these things, read articles, read blogs, etc) is -

Jon quit his government job and said he was going to work for Bob (Beth's husband). Not too long after that, he said he was now self employed. Nobody is sure exactly what happened to the job with Bob. Many posters assume that Jon's current 'self-employment' means that he is helping Kate run the Gosselin TV show/speaking tour empire. But since his employment with Bob did not last long, there is speculaton that there were problems between Bob and/or Beth and Jon and/or Kate.

Aunt Jodi and Uncle Kevin are also apparently now out of their lives and off the show. The speculation there is that possibly Kate got tired of seeing how good Jodi appeared on the show and how well she related with all the kids. Or possibly Jodi did not take Kate's tongue lashing about gum-gate well. Kate added something about Jodi 'trying' but the inference was that Jodi really did not know how to take care of the children properly. The other aspect of Jodi going AWOL is from Jodi's sister's blog in which she said that TLC offered to pay Jodi something for her TV appearances. Kate said that no one other than she and Jon could be paid for the show. So, who knows exactly what happened with that relationship, but things are not in very good shape...

Kate has 4 siblings. One of her sisters wrote a blog and said that the only way for her to see the Gosselin children was on the TV. They were not allowed any contact with Kate or Jon or the kids. On the sister's blog were photos of her and Kate's parents with the sister's kids taking a hike. So, the grandparents do interact with some of the grandkids. Kate has said that her parents do not have anything to do with ANY of their grandchildren - that is just not true.

Jon has 2 brothers who I do not think have ever been mentioned on the show at all. In fact, until someone did some research and found Jon's father's obituary, everyone thought that Jon was an only child. There was a post from someone who knew one of Jon's brothers. They said that the problem in the relationship was that Kate treated the brother so poorly, they did not care to be involved anymore.

As far as Kate's parents, they were very involved in their lives before the 'tups were born. They watched the twins for Kate and Jon when Kate was hospitalized before the 'tups were born. Kate's Mom made appearances on TV at the time of the birth of the 6 and said how happy she was. Kate's father is a minister and it has been said that his church collected furniture, toys and clothes to help Jon and Kate.

Nobody know exactly why the grandparents are out of the picture now. Kate's statement is something like "they just didn't know how to help us" after the 'tups birth. There was an article that part of the problem was that Kate did not approve of the things that her father's church donated to them. The clothing, cribs, etc were not brand new and matching and she did not want them. There is speculation that this might have offended her parents.

Others have said that problems in Kate's childhood could be causing her to react the way she has with regard to her parents, siblings, Jon's siblings, etc.
    I guess we will all have to wait for the "Mommy Dearest" books that the Gosselin children are sure to write to get the real answers!!!

Closed Thread