Closed Thread

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

Quote Originally Posted by TrappedInMA;3127428;
    ...After seeing them that day, I got the impression that the kids are shuffled around with a film crew and not allowed to be kids! It was an amusement park and IMO the kids looked like they had no desire to be there when I saw them not filming. Instead I saw kids that loooked like deer caught in headlights!
    interesting insight, trappedinma and it reinforces the impression i've gotten while watching the show.

i'm torn ... i love watching the show because of those kids ... they're freaking adorable! and joel and aiden are my favorites. but i'm getting more and more uncomfortable with kate's treatment of them ON CAMERA and how she talks to her husband ON CAMERA. i'm not saying that they're being abused, but from my own childhood and marriage experience, i know that things are always worse when other people aren't looking.

i wonder what dr. phil would say to kate about how she talks to and about her husband and kids?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3127444;

i wonder what dr. phil would say to kate about how she talks to and about her husband and kids?
    You just know she'd greet him with a curt "hello" then sit there with her arms folded tightly across her chest like she did at the bakery. He could advise her until he's blue in the face and none of it would do a bit of good.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

I have to chime in so this is my first post...
    Welcome, TrappedInMA! Thank you for sharing your experience! It's certainly consistent with the concerns many viewers have had, or are beginning to have, about the effect of the relentless filming schedule on these children.

mystery woman pusing 3rd stroller
    That might have been Kate's new Personal Assistant, a girl named Jenny. She's been hired to babysit/nanny whenever needed.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3127444;
    interesting insight, trappedinma and it reinforces the impression i've gotten while watching the show.

i'm torn ... i love watching the show because of those kids ... they're freaking adorable! and joel and aiden are my favorites. but i'm getting more and more uncomfortable with kate's treatment of them ON CAMERA and how she talks to her husband ON CAMERA. i'm not saying that they're being abused, but from my own childhood and marriage experience, i know that things are always worse when other people aren't looking.

It is not possible to say whether these children are abused or not, but one form of child abuse is "neglect", which is defined as "the failure to act on behalf of a child". In this point of view, whether the children who are put on reality tv in this way, and forced to grow up without privacy are neglected is a very legitimate question in my opinion. Even child actors who are actually on tv screens playing other characters may end up as troubled adults because of all the fame and the lack of privacy that comes with it. What about these kids who are on tv screens as themselves? What is going to happen to them? This is really bothering me. Jon and Kate should just sit down, and think about the best interest of their children, not only in terms of money...

Sweet Little Old Lady

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3127286;
    Ok, here's some snark....did anyone notice Kate's 4 inch heels when they took Mady to the mall to have her ears pierced? Tattoos and 4 inch heels, Kate!
    Why, no I didn't. She's Jon's height or maybe even a little taller than he, so I wish I had noticed that she must have towered over him in 4" heels. Could that be another sign of the contempt in which she holds him?

Oh, but I did notice she's showing a little more cleavage lately and was wearing a tube top in a couch session. Did she finally get her boob job?

Sweet Little Old Lady

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3127237;
    I also find it interesting that Jon makes fun of Joel about being "effiminate" (speaking with a lisp and rolling his eyes as he describes something Joel did), both Jon and Kate have mentioned Joel's "girlish" behavior, and that he's so clingy to Jon. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Joel mimics "girlish" behavior is because in his experience, girls are more likely to get the kind of attention he craves from his parents.
    Jon once called Joel's attachment to him 'abnormal.' (As if he would know what was abnormal or he wouldn't have married Kate.) Neither Kate nor Jon has ever said a word about Hannah's pushing the other tups out of the way so she can be petted or held. They give into the Velcro Child's every demand.

Sweet Little Old Lady

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3127320;
    Maybe Jon could get a new show of his own.. "Jon On The Run & Kate Minus One"..... I'd watch it.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's wicked—and hilarious!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SmartyQ;3127717;
    Why, no I didn't. She's Jon's height or maybe even a little taller than he, so I wish I had noticed that she must have towered over him in 4" heels. Could that be another sign of the contempt in which she holds him?

Oh, but I did notice she's showing a little more cleavage lately and was wearing a tube top in a couch session. Did she finally get her boob job?
    I didn't notice the heels at all, but I'm waiting for the rerun.

But I have noticed the boobages! Someone else has said on this forum that maybe it's a new bra. I want to know what type of bra that is; it works wonders!

Quote Originally Posted by yepperpepper;3127317;
    The article made me immediately think of Kylie and the other little one (Kendall?) Kardashian and the stripper pole going "Woo-woo-woo" and gyrating around the room pulling up their shirts on camera. Immediately followed by the next thought of teasing of poor little Joelie and his lisp and his behaviors being called "effeminate" by his parents. This could be misconstrued by others and huge labels can be placed on these kids. So sad. No, "sad" does not do it justice. It's PITIFUL.
    ITA. It definitely is. Too bad so many people are so quick to make excuses for J&K instead of worrying about what's best for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by TrappedInMA;3127428;
    After seeing them that day, I got the impression that the kids are shuffled around with a film crew and not allowed to be kids! It was an amusement park and IMO the kids looked like they had no desire to be there when I saw them not filming. Instead I saw kids that looked like deer caught in headlights!
    I'm sorry you had to witness that. It sounds positively heartbreaking!

Closed Thread