Closed Thread
Page 2 of 208 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

I agree completely. I really believe that kate's OCD has played into her favor, no one else could have such an immaculate house with such organization. She does have plenty of help. Once a week, she has people come over to iron, fold laundry and other chores. I would volunteer, too.....just to see those precious sextuplets...I feel bad for Jon, but he's an adult, he can speak up if she bothers him too much.

FORT Fanatic

I love this show. I've noticed Kate's kind of calmed down a bit as the sextuplets have gotten older, not as much freaking out at Jon. I love these two together, so funny.

It's also nice that it's easier to tell all eight kids apart now that they're getting older. Before without the captions telling who was who I was clueless unless it was Aaden (those glasses!)

Mady is exactly like my 8yr old nephew. Her reaction at the end of the ski trip is something he does when something he loved doing is over and he's not happy about it. Same facial expressions & everything. Scary! For him it's not just the extra attention (he has to be the centre of attention 24/7 especially if his youngers sibs are getting any) but he doesn't know how to express his feelings appropriately. So it goes over the top. I love how Kate doesn't play into Mady's tantrums, hands it off to Jon and lets him stamp down on it.

FORT Fan

I would love to know why you never see any of their families. You would think Kate's parents would want to be surrounded by all those grandchildren.

Another thing I've noticed a lot of people helping them out..... folding laundry, ironing, another person going all the way to Utah just to help them fly back. They say oh, they love our kids thats why they do it. I feel they have been given so much that they dont appreciate everyones hard work and are taking it for granted. I wonder if the roles were reversed if they would be helping other people as much as their good friends do.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;2840755;
    I would love to know why you never see any of their families. You would think Kate's parents would want to be surrounded by all those grandchildren.

Another thing I've noticed a lot of people helping them out..... folding laundry, ironing, another person going all the way to Utah just to help them fly back. They say oh, they love our kids thats why they do it. I feel they have been given so much that they dont appreciate everyones hard work and are taking it for granted. I wonder if the roles were reversed if they would be helping other people as much as their good friends do.
    I read somewhere that the children's grandparents are not involved in their everyday lives. But, they NEVER show them. Jon's father passed away but did meet the sextuplets. His maternal grandmother has been on the show but not his mother. I read somewhere that Kate and her parents were feuding because they did not approve of the fertility and in-vitro treatments. But who really knows. Its too bad, the grandparents are not involved because those children are growing up fast!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;2840755;
    I assumed that the vacation was free (didn't they say as much when Jon and Kate were saying they never thought they'd be able to give their children this kind of vacation?) and that the resort did it for free publicity (Jon and Kate both mentioned the resort by name several times). And I noticed that Southwest was one of the airlines thanked at the end of the episode, so they provided free tickets for the family and friends who helped with the kids. Again, it looked like they were sitting in first class...something most people couldn't afford for themselves, their 8 kids and friends who've come along to help...

About helping them...I used to go help my siblings when they got married and started having kids--and I even gave them a lot of my frequent flyer miles that I'd accumulated from traveling for work because (a) I didn't need them (b) I could afford to give them away since I had no one to take care of besides myself and (c) it made me happy to do so. I didn't expect anything in return 'cause again, I had no kids that needed taking care of.

I don't think they're taking things for granted. I think they're smart enough to realize they can't do it all themselves and if people are offering to help, they'll accept it. I don't think they expect it, but they are grateful for the assistance. And ultimately, even if the parents were jerks (which I don't think they are), the family/friends would most likely want to help out for the sake of the children.

Kate mentioned at the end of the ski trip that they felt blessed and were extremely grateful for the freebies that they receive. I dont blame them for accepting the free trips, helping hands and whatever else they need. I dont think they would have planned a ski trip on their own. I know my kids hated skiing until they were about 7-8 years old. I'll never forget the "help me" face on my son when he was 3 years old and in ski school. Lift tickets, ski school, equipment rental, house rental and airfare.....easily a !0k freebie!

FORT Fogey

Southwest Airlines does not have a first class. Also while they were out to dinner in Park City they mentioned they had been looking all over for some really good chocolate because (one of their helpers) LOVES good chocolate.

I had a huge problem with the Christmas episode when Kate said that so many fans wrote to her wanting to send the children gifts. I expected her response to be something along the lines of "Thank You for thinking of us but our kids will be receiving plenty, why don't you make a donation to a child or family who has nothing"...Nope, her response was "Who am I to deny them"? I think the children are adorable and I like Jon but she gets on my last nerve.
    CYA

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2842811;
    I had a huge problem with the Christmas episode when Kate said that so many fans wrote to her wanting to send the children gifts. I expected her response to be something along the lines of "Thank You for thinking of us but our kids will be receiving plenty, why don't you make a donation to a child or family who has nothing"...Nope, her response was "Who am I to deny them"? I think the children are adorable and I like Jon but she gets on my last nerve.
    Wow. I didn't see that episode.

One of my friends and her husband had a baby right around 9/11...when they sent out the birth announcement, they wrote a little note to everyone saying that they were so blessed when so many had to do without--and that no presents were necessary...but if we wanted to do something, to please make a donation to whichever charity we liked in their son's name. I liked that. I think I'd like to do something similar if we ever have a baby...

I'm not talking specifically about Jon and Kate when I say this, but I have a real problem in general with families going all out at Christmas when they obviously don't have the means to pay for it. I'm not a big fan of other shows where they shower impoverished kids with toys at Christmas either. I'd rather they gave the children a toy or two, some books, and then set aside the money for their school fund. I know I must sound like a Scrooge, but I grew up relatively poor (not on welfare or anything) and never felt deprived that I didn't get as many toys as my friends. We had food on the table and a clean apartment to live in.

I hope that they donated at least some of the gifts the received to an orphanage or a children's hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2842683;
    Southwest Airlines does not have a first class. Also while they were out to dinner in Park City they mentioned they had been looking all over for some really good chocolate because (one of their helpers) LOVES good chocolate.
    Dang! Those seats looked roomy though! Way better than American and United...They even looked leather...or again, maybe I didn't have my glasses on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2842811;
    I noticed that too. While I think it was sweet that people wanted to send things for the children, I think that asking instead for a donation to a children's charity even would have been far better. Sometimes I do find Kate to be pretty selfish. I think that was one of the episodes where it really stood out for me. Don't get me wrong, I think they're great, but just like anyone, they have their foibles too.

That being said, I do think they're to be commended for being 100% real on the show and not acting it up for the cameras.

Closed Thread