Closed Thread

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

FORT Regular

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

Kate is a rebel!

FORT Newbie

Re: Jon and Kate plus - Cupcake Episode

I watched the cupcake episode this week and must say that I was a little taken aback about the way Kate behaved. She seemed quite annoyed and bothered the whole time the kids were at the bakery. Was this supposed to be the tups birthday party? If so, this wasn't much of a celebration. She seems to be getting more and more neurotic about the kids getting dirty and that really bothers me. I do believe that she and Jon work hard to be good parents, but this nitpicking really upset me with this last episode. I also felt so bad for Joel when he wasn't able to eat his cupcake. I love the show and think that all of the kids are so adorable, but some of the posts have made me rethink some of my views about their parenting skills. I also noticed in the last episode that Jon looks more withdrawn than usual. I think that he is getting very tired of the fat comments and other put-downs. Did anyone notice in one of the episodes when she patted him under the chin and asked if the exercise plan that he was on would get rid of his double chin? He pushed her hand away and looked very annoyed. I Don't blame him, I would have been furious if my husband had done this to me. If she doesn't watch it she may find herself a single mom of 8 kids. Not sure if TLC will want to pick up the show when Jon isn't in the picture. I will definitely keep watching, but sure wish that Kate would try and lighten up a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3127163;
    According to this article ABC News: Youngest Reality TV 'Stars' in Danger? which includes observations from a clinical psychologist and a rabbi, there are reasons to be concerned about young children appearing in a reality show series.
    Thank you for sharing that article with us, MizDaisy. It was very informative. Since simply being on a reality show can be stressful and unhealthy for a child, I can only imagine how damaging being called "stupid", "dirty", and "annoying" on national television could be.

FORT Regular

I think Jon is sticking around because if they break up not only will he have to pay child support and possibly alimony, there will be no more Jon & Kate Plus 8! Kate Plus Eight still rhymes, but does not have the same ring to it. And he would lose everything, his wife, his kids and his job!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by LocaCola;3127307;
    Thank you for sharing that article with us, MizDaisy. It was very informative. Since simply being on a reality show can be stressful and unhealthy for a child, I can only imagine how damaging being called "stupid", "dirty", and "annoying" on national television could be.
    The article made me immediately think of Kylie and the other little one (Kendall?) Kardashian and the stripper pole going "Woo-woo-woo" and gyrating around the room pulling up their shirts on camera. Immediately followed by the next thought of teasing of poor little Joelie and his lisp and his behaviors being called "effeminate" by his parents. This could be misconstrued by others and huge labels can be placed on these kids. So sad. No, "sad" does not do it justice. It's PITIFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by yepperpepper;3127310;
    I think Jon is sticking around because if they break up not only will he have to pay child support and possibly alimony, there will be no more Jon & Kate Plus 8! Kate Plus Eight still rhymes, but does not have the same ring to it. And he would lose everything, his wife, his kids and his job!
    Maybe Jon could get a new show of his own.. "Jon On The Run & Kate Minus One"..... I'd watch it.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

The kids would be better off it was "Eight minus Kate".

Well, it looks like Bradgelina are trying to catch up to Jon and Kate, they now have six!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3127320;
    Maybe Jon could get a new show of his own.. "Jon On The Run & Kate Minus One"..... I'd watch it.
    ...Oh if only. I'd be glued to the TV with popcorn in hand.
    CYA

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3127191;
    So viewers are left to form their opinions based on their own observations, not what may or may not be happening off camera, or what people who know the family may or may not have observed.
    I have to chime in so this is my first post...

I was a fan until I ran into them filming at Sesame Place a month ago and my opinion changed drastically that day. I WAS a huge fan and left with a sick feeling about the show after I saw them several times during the day, all 8 adorable but miserable looking kids, J&K, mystery woman pusing 3rd stroller and flim crew, etc. When they got off a ride Kate was clapping her hands yelling something like "Come on!", making the kids get into strollers! My kid is younger than the tups but she only rode in a stroller at the end of the day when tired. It was a Tueday and the park was dead, with 3 adults supervising (plus the entourage of several more adults) the kids would not have gotten lost!

We ran into Kate again with a full stroller (no filming, oh btw... her hair looks bullet-proof and it was 99 degrees out!) and she looked like a woman you wouldn't want to mess with, I actually had a sick feeling that that the show is all a put-on. My DH even looked at me like "OMG she looks like a such a bi^%*!" Later in the day all kids were still smooshed into strollers, no smiles, and I was shocked that they were wearing swimsuits and they were allowed on the water rides. I am not sure if Jon or Kate went on any water rides with them, I'll have to wait to see the episode later this month. It was hot as hell that day, pretty much every other adult in the park went into the water and looked an absolute mess!

After seeing them that day, I got the impression that the kids are shuffled around with a film crew and not allowed to be kids! It was an amusement park and IMO the kids looked like they had no desire to be there when I saw them not filming. Instead I saw kids that loooked like deer caught in headlights!

Closed Thread