Closed Thread

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

OK, I just re-watched cupcake-gate. Did anyone else notice how Kate gave Joel (I think) a great big kiss and long hug in the van after church? I will hope against all odds that it was genuine and from the heart, but I fear that Kate was just working on damage control.

And gosh darnit, I STILL cannot tell Joel and Collin apart!

FORT Newbie

hi, i am new here, so i will just jump in, if thats ok.

after watchign tonights show, i was more disgusted than ever. i think its sad the kids cant have a celebration because all the family is alientaed. what kid doesnt want a bday party? kate calling the girls stupid and griping about every little thing is ridiculous.

she compains about stains, but big deal, she doesnt pay for the clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by kabergen2;3115916;
    hi, i am new here, so i will just jump in, if thats ok.

after watchign tonights show, i was more disgusted than ever. i think its sad the kids cant have a celebration because all the family is alientaed. what kid doesnt want a bday party? kate calling the girls stupid and griping about every little thing is ridiculous.

she compains about stains, but big deal, she doesnt pay for the clothes.
    Welcome to all the new posters!

I agree, kabergen2. Some of the most precious pictures I have of my kids are ones where they are covered in chocolate frosting! It brings me back to that moment in time, and all the fun we had, every time I look at those photos. Priceless!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lvmykds;3115938;
    Welcome to all the new posters!

I agree, kabergen2. Some of the most precious pictures I have of my kids are ones where they are covered in chocolate frosting! It brings me back to that moment in time, and all the fun we had, every time I look at those photos. Priceless!
    Oh gee we have pictures of one of my kids birthday, when everyone, even the adults smeared frosting all over themselves, it was so funny. Thanks for reminding me.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kabergen2;3115916;

My son is close in age to the 'tups and any cake we see is for a birthday. He's just excited to be at a party, whether it's for him or not! What four year olds (plural, not singular) would say "we don't want a party"? That is pure insanity! So all six of them said that? Was that recorded? Because I would like to see if they sound convincing, or if it sounds like someone else told them to say that.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by yepperpepper;3115978;
    My son is close in age to the 'tups and any cake we see is for a birthday. He's just excited to be at a party, whether it's for him or not! What four year olds (plural, not singular) would say "we don't want a party"? That is pure insanity! So all six of them said that? Was that recorded? Because I would like to see if they sound convincing, or if it sounds like someone else told them to say that.
    Exactly!

FORT Regular

My husband uses slang sometimes, and I will correct him. But never in front of company or in front of our children. Why would Kate continue to correct every little thing Jon does? It's almost like she has nine children, with Jon being the oldest who helps out with his younger siblings! Jon is actually starting to stand up to Kate a little, but the damage has been done, dude. We know who wears the pants!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by yepperpepper;3116035;
    My husband uses slang sometimes, and I will correct him. But never in front of company or in front of our children. Why would Kate continue to correct every little thing Jon does? It's almost like she has nine children, with Jon being the oldest who helps out with his younger siblings! Jon is actually starting to stand up to Kate a little, but the damage has been done, dude. We know who wears the pants!
    Hasn't Kate actually said that she has 9 kids? I used to feel bad for Jon, but he is the only one who can change it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3115144;
    I take it that I'm the only one who saw several clips of Jon and "his table", with Kate in the background at "her table", laughing and having a good time with the kids.

And oh my, heaven forbid that Kate make a sarcastic joke about the kids screaming. What a horrible mother!

I also felt bad for the boys. I was never able to be that strict with my kids, I ended up feeling quilty. But I was also told that rules like that are in place for a reason and to give in sends the message that rules aren't that important. So while I felt bad for them, I give their parents credit, for enforcing their rules.
    I saw those clips too! Want to know what I did NOT see at the cupcake party? TEARS! None of the kids cried or through a tantrum because mommy was mean.
    Yes there were some tears when the boys were told by BOTH PARENTS that they could not have their cupcakes that night. They had been warned that no dinner, no dessert. Rules are rules.
    It would have been SO easy for one of them to give in to make the other look like the bad guy. But they didn't. They backed each other up, team work! You can't fault that. You KNOW that every parent out there really appreciates it when the other parent agrees with the rules you are trying to convey.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by yepperpepper;3115978;
    my daughter will be 4 soon and she is already telling me what kind of birthday party she wants. she wants a party with Monk as the theme. what 4 year old wants monk as a bday theme? its hilarious, if i can findi t she will have it.

Closed Thread