Closed Thread
Page 15 of 208 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

I dont see the problem with them getting paid trips or people donating things for them. They do have a house of 10 people to take care of that isnt going to be cheap.

I can also understand why they would just now be doing the day trips with each child.

FORT Fogey

I dont see the problem with them getting paid trips or people donating things for them. They do have a house of 10 people to take care of that isnt going to be cheap.
    What do hair transplants have to do with your ability to take care of your family? If I wanted to watch a program about hair transplants, I'd tune into one of TLC's medical-themed shows.

I can also understand why they would just now be doing the day trips with each child.
    It's not the timing of when they started doing the trips, the point is they only have time to do day trips with each child once a year, presumably because they're so busy, but they have time to travel to California for Jon's free hair transplants? IMO that's screwed-up priorities.

The name of this show is Jon+KatePLUS EIGHT. Jon and Kate's trip to CA for his free hair transplants is irrelevant to what the show was supposed to be about, which was how they deal with everyday life as a family of two sets of multiples. This show has definitely jumped the shark.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 04-10-2008 at 01:39 PM.

I think it's jumping too. It's less about the family and more about what they're getting out of it. That's so disappointing.

I agree.. where are they scrimping elsewhere? They don't seem to be cutting back at all. In fact quite the opposite.

FORT Newbie

Here's the thing....most of us don't have 8 children, therefore, we don't know how we would handle the situation ourselves, right? How they make their money, how they spend their money etc. is only being discussed because they are on t.v. The family in Iowa who had, what was it 6,7,8 kids?...we don't know if they are giving back or how they are making ends meet because they aren't on television every week. I'm sure we all would like to say we would give back or not "use" our children for financial reasons but truthfully, how do we know? I think it's safe to say none of us will.

I love watching this family. I cringe when I hear Kate yelling "HELLO!" to Jon but I'm also amazed at how well behaved the kids are. They must be doing something right!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2908592;
    From TLC J&K+8 episode description:

Un.be.liev.able. This show is no longer about who they are as a family, it's all about the comps. They now have time to make cross-country trips to take advantage of a freebie. And I'm assuming TLC/Figure 8 Productions is paying their not inexpensive airfare/accomodations/food/incidentals to allow them to take advantage of this freebie. They can find time to make this trip, but they can only do once a year one-on-one activities with their kids?
    Miz Daisy, ITA. But upon reading the original post about the transplant, I flashed onto a horrific scenario of Kate wanting to push the hair doc aside just so that she could help pound the plugs into Jon's skull.....

Anywho, the tummy tuck I could see, some family outings okay, but is a hair transplant that necessary? Are the children going to be taken along or is that wonderful Aunt Jodi going to be taking care of them?

FORT Fogey

Here's the thing....most of us don't have 8 children, therefore, we don't know how we would handle the situation ourselves, right?
    I know I wouldn't sell my own and my children's private lives to a TV show, no matter how many children I had. I value my family's privacy too much to put them on display to entertain millions of viewers.

How they make their money, how they spend their money etc. is only being discussed because they are on t.v. The family in Iowa who had, what was it 6,7,8 kids?...we don't know if they are giving back or how they are making ends meet because they aren't on television every week. I'm sure we all would like to say we would give back or not "use" our children for financial reasons but truthfully, how do we know? I think it's safe to say none of us will.
    The family in Iowa was smart. They didn't sell out their kids for a paycheck and therefore what they do is no one's business. I don't need to "walk in their shoes" to know that my children deserve the right to privacy, whether I have 2 or 20 kids.

Are the children going to be taken along or is that wonderful Aunt Jodi going to be taking care of them?
    The episode description only mentions Jon and Kate going to LA, so it sounds like someone will be babysitting the kids.

FORT Fanatic

I am so happy for Jon getting a hair transplant. Their lives are not so easy and if he can get something that he wants that will make him feel better about himself, well that makes me smile!

FORT Newbie

MizDaisy--
    If I remember correctly the family in Iowa has appeared with Diane Sawyer several times and have been in Ladies Home Journal multiple times as well...I guess they did "sell out thier children".

Anywho, the tummy tuck I could see, some family outings okay, but is a hair transplant that necessary?
    To anyone out there:

My fabulous, couldn't-ask-for-better husband of 23 years has a large bald spot in the back of his head and is losing his job of 11 years this summer. We could really use a hair transplant. More than the job, college fund, food or mortgage payments.

Anyone willing to accomodate us?

FORT Fogey

If I remember correctly the family in Iowa has appeared with Diane Sawyer several times and have been in Ladies Home Journal multiple times as well...I guess they did "sell out thier children".
    I don't think it's the same thing at all. A magazine photo op once a year, an interview with a reporter every year or so is nothing like having TV cameras invading your home and filming everything you're doing over a period of years. Kate has said Figure 8 Productions has been filming at their home since the tups were 15 months old on a regular basis, first for the 2 specials, and then for the series. According to Kate, the series filming requires 3 days a week, with a week off in between. The Gosselins have agreed to do a 4th season. That's a helluva lot more exposure to the public, and a helluva lot more information about their family, than the Iowa family has ever provided.

hutchlover, if begging for a free hair transplant for your hubby in a public forum doesn't get results, you can always try the church speaking engagement route, where your husband can talk about what a difficult time he's had with balding, how exhausting it is to suffer from balding, and then pass the plate for "love offerings" to pay for those transplants.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 04-10-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Closed Thread