Closed Thread
Page 12 of 208 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2897608;
    What a good point! I completely forget all the times they don't eat organic! I really think it's to each their own and whatever you do great, but don't try to tell me what to do.

I do love watching the show and I think the kids are great, but honestly Kate is my least favourite of them all because of her, apparent to me, hypocrisy that seems to be fairly constant with her. I enjoy seeing their adventures, but I hold the opinion that it's also a show and they're getting paid for what they're doing. Heck they're getting to do a lot for their family, for any family. I'd love to go to half the places they do or go on half the adventures.
    ITA......I hit the mute button when Kate's speaking!

FORT Fogey

My husband used to think that our kids would become hyper after eating sugary foods. There is no scientific proof that sugary foods cause hyperactivity in children. It could be that when kids are eating candy or cake they are usually in a social situation that would warrant becoming overly excited.
    I don't think sugary foods are the cause of hyperactivity, which is a much more complex condition than can be treated by simply eliminating sugary foods. However, I know quite a few parents who are convinced that minimizing sugary foods in their kids' diet and providing more nutrient-dense complex carbs and protein foods result in fewer peaks and valleys in their kids' behavior, and that's been my personal experience as well.

FORT Regular

I really don't mind Kate until she gets on her organic bandwagon. Then I am just like

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2897946;
    I don't think sugary foods are the cause of hyperactivity, which is a much more complex condition than can be treated by simply eliminating sugary foods. However, I know quite a few parents who are convinced that minimizing sugary foods in their kids' diet and providing more nutrient-dense complex carbs and protein foods result in fewer peaks and valleys in their kids' behavior, and that's been my personal experience as well.
    I agree with you MizDaisy but my point was that many parents believe that eating sugary foods=hyperactivity....the reason I brought up my husband, he was or is one of those parents that believe so. I have many friends that are pediatricians and have told me that is a common misconception among parents. It sounds as though you are aware of the nutritional needs of your children and make wise choices for them. We can all learn from you.

Does anyone know if Jon was adopted? Or is his mother Oriental? The pictures they've shown of his father indicates a European background.

Jon's mother is Korean. His father passed away a couple of years back and it seems his mother is never around. His maternal grandmother has been on the show during the Sextuplets 3rd birthday party.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Does anyone know if Jon was adopted? Or is his mother Oriental? The pictures they've shown of his father indicates a European background.
    I didn't know his mom was Korean but I knew that he was biracial. Also, Oriental is an outdated and pejorative term for Asian people. I know no offense was intended at all in your post, but for what it's worth...

I remember seeing an episode--maybe last year--where Kate was complaining about Jon not looking as hot as he did when they first met. She said he was all lean and rock star looking when they dated...I guess he's got a bit of a belly now. But I was thinking that he took it really well and didn't say that she didn't exactly look like she did when he first met her, either. He seems like a nice guy. I think they're case of where opposites attract. He's laid back. and she's Type A.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 04-06-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2898243;
    I didn't know his mom was Korean but I knew that he was biracial. Also, Oriental is an outdated and pejorative term for Asian people. I know no offense was intended at all in your post, but for what it's worth...

I remember seeing an episode--maybe last year--where Kate was complaining about Jon not looking as hot as he did when they first met. She said he was all lean and rock star looking when they dated...I guess he's got a bit of a belly now. But I was thinking that he took it really well and didn't say that she didn't exactly look like she did when he first met her, either. He seems like a nice guy. I think they're case of where opposites attract. He's laid back. and she's Type A.
    She's type A and OCD!!! Jon didnt have the luxury of "free cosmetic surgery" to remove her "jowls of a dog". But, Jon didnt carry and deliver 8 children!

I think Jon's hot as he is now. Maybe it's more his personality that makes him so attractive to me. He puts up with alot (not just from Kate, but from all the kids, too).

And thank you Lois for instructing me on "PC". I didn't know that using the term 'Oriental' was offensive, now. Geez, how ridiculous we've become.

FORT Regular

I think Jon is very attractive. I like his smile.

Closed Thread