Closed Thread

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

FORT Regular

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

Quote Originally Posted by east_coastie;3091017;
    Hi! I'm a newbie here! I've been lurking for awhile, I figured it was time to join the convo.

I thought the pottery idea was really cute and a creative idea. Of course Kate had to ruin it by her ridiculous moaning about getting dirty. I'm glad the girls had fun. And Kate too. I mean, I know how exhausted she is all the time. She really needed to relax!

A few observations:

-Is it just me or did Hannah's apron have her name on it? Was that just a coincidence?
    -Kate throwing those crocs out of the window was just plain mean. And so immature.
    -Am I the only one annoyed by the constant gender role playing? The whole boys day and girls day thing just annoys me!
    -Aren't the kids too old to be dressing alike?
    -Jon is starting to grow a pair! And thank God. But are we going to be treated to his workout regime every week? Boring.

Oh, and I was just embarrassed watching that video. We're they serious? The Von Trapp family they are not! I hope that music video was a contract obligation because of that Singing Office show.

I was a lurker too. Today must've been a good day to join!

As far as everything else you said...AGREED. I don't mind so much the dressing alike, but every dang blasted day? These kids are only going to be able to function as the + Eight, or as a twin or a tup. They need their own identities for goodness sakes.

aka Sylvester, professor Bullyboy's Avatar

Hi all, long time reader of FORT as I love reality tv. Now, what I love about FORT are the recaps from the writers. I love the snarky humor and I log in to read those first. I am impressed with the writing talent of many FORT writers and give all my friends the link to FORT to read about their favorite reality show. My fav show is not on yet, so I decided to read the JK +8 thread. I discovered JK + 8 just about 2 months ago and I have to say I love the show! I've watched all the shows thanks to the marathons and the DVR. I have not seen the earlier seasons. Now, dare I say I like, yes I really like Kate and Jon! I think Kate is a hoot. Am I the only one who thinks she has a dry sense of humor and can be witty at times? There must be another fan of Kate on this forum. I have read this entire thread and I've laughed at some of the comments. I continue to watch the show and look for what bugs people, but I still like Kate! Sorry. So, who else likes Kate and can see the positive in her? On a side note, Bullyboy is my cat, not my personality.

Bullyboy, I think we have something in common. I am a Kate fan too!

Now, I don't agree with everything she does. But I do like her. I get her dry sense of humor too.

I couldn't imagine having 8 kids. I have my hands full with two! For all that she has to deal with, I think she does a pretty good job. I like Jon too. I do wish she wouldn't pick at him so much, but he is getting better at saying something back.

But those kids are so cute! Aaden is our favorite!

The music video was a little cheesy, but my son loved it. Especially when Aaden was jumping on one foot!

Hi PatriciaSue, Yeah, another fan! I also don't agree with everything she has said, but I can still appreciate her and she does make me laugh! My favorite line from her was when Maddy was having a mini meltdown and Kate said, "She'll make a fine teenager" LOL How true. BTW, I teach 12 year olds and they are the ones that watch this show. They love to talk about it and I was surprised that they liked it, so I started to watch to see what it was all about. Anyway, I think Jon can hold his own, and maybe he always has, he is just now doing it on camera. As for putting down men and boys, that bugs me, not Kate, our culture of allowing men to be made fun of constantly. Look at all the commercials that make men look foolish. Look at the sitcoms. Listen to your friends complain about their husbands. What bugs me is that Kate and many, many, many others find it acceptable in our society to belittle men. Anyway, I also thought the music video was cheesy, but cute. I don't have a favorite tup yet, I just love the interactions of the whole family. They obviously all love each other. I think of my students that are in foster homes, or are missing a parent that has died. Those are the kids that make my heart break.

FORT Regular

have you all read this? It is a blog that jodi's sister started after she got harrassed anonymously for starting a facebook page to support her sister jodi who got the short end of the jon and kate money bandwagon a few weeks ago. Turns out Kate had Jodi removed from the show and the lives of the children because she was so good with the kids that she made kate look bad!! Jodi never got paid one cent for the two seasons she was on even though the show WANTED To pay her, because kate prevented it! Even then, Jodi wanted to continue her relationship with the kids because she loved them. But Kate wants to be the head attention getter too. I could not believe it when I read it because I can't believe someone would use their own family and throw them away like garbage once they cease to be useful. Kate shows how unreasonable and ego driven she is on the show, but apparently she is much WORSE behind the scenes. She is a cutthroat user, even when family is involved. And she and Jon need to be audited by the IRS for misrepresenting their finances in order to get "donations" and "love offerings" from the churches they speak at approx twice a month. They have been milking money from kind strangers ever since they knew they would have sextuplets. But Kate's father is an independent church preacher so maybe that is where she learned the art of the church scam. I feel sorry for those kids because their mother seems mentally ill.

"Truth Breeds Hatred" ~Bias of Priene, Maxims
    Last edited by obtessed4sure; 07-01-2008 at 03:44 AM.

Yes, I read it, and I still like Kate. Do I believe the blog? I take everything with a grain of salt. You don't like her and that is your right, but I like her on the show. I enjoy the family. I put things in perspective and Kate and Jon entertain me, I laugh while I watch the show. As I stated earlier, I don't agree with everything she does or says, but she is witty and funny, at least I find her to be that way. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for her due to the constant harping on everything she says and does. When Jodi writes her blog, then it will be an interesting blog to read. Until then, gossip.

FORT Regular

Jodi seems too nice to write her blog (and I doubt she would due to not wanting to hurt the children) but I believe her sister. I think her sister got pissed because she was being harrassed by an anonymous person who hada lot of inside info who she suspected to be jon or connected with jon.

If Jodi was against what her sister wrote I am sure she would have made a statement. Jodi's sister seems like an evenhanded individual who just got pushed too far. And I watch the show for the cute kids but Kate has sent out alarm signals to me since day one as a major major control freak.

FORT Regular

this page shows that they have been accepting love offerings as recently as april of this year. (but looks like the actual page got taken down...maybe by PR damage control?)

mog_jonkate

The blog writer contradicts herself. How can the people from the show tell Kate that Jodi needs a contract, but Jodi was not aware? That does not make sense. How does the blog writer know if Jodi doesn't know? Also, if the producers of the show wanted Jodi to have a contract, well they know where she is, so that makes no sense to me. The blog writer is Jodi's sister? Well, my sister hates my brothers wife because of the way she treats me. If my sister wrote a blog about my sister in law it would also be bad. But, that still wouldn't make it fact.

obtessed4sure Thanks for the links, but I've read this entire thread. I still like Jon and Kate. They entertain me. I am not asking them over for dinner and I'm not looking for new friends. I'm not the moral police. I watch the show to be entertained and they do that for me. I realize many people do not like Jon and Kate and I certainly can understand why. I just don't agree with the majority on this thread that they are horrible which is why I asked if there were any other fans. I found one so far. Yippee!

FORT Regular

I do want to state that I am only a viewer of this show and don't know them personally. I got hooked on the show because the kids are so freaking adorable. I thought Kate was sort of out there but I thought she and Jon seemed real. However, the more I watched the more disturbed I got. I could see that Kate was someone who led with her dysfunctions and in her mind, she is always right. I have known people like this in real life and have also gotten taken advantage by people like that and have learned to recognize the signs. I saw that the show wasnt all about the kids.. it was all about Kate and I wondered about the other people in their lives. I noticed that for a family that mentions living on a budget, they had an awful lot of "helpers". And I noticed that Kate never really seemed grateful for all the extra help she gets, she seems entitled and always points out that she has such a high standard for "household cleanliness" yet she never seems to do any work. All around her I saw jon, jodi and kind friends doing a lot of work but all kate seemed to do was give orders and make caustic jokes and talk about how hard her life is having to raise 8 children. And those were her good days. I was really upset when I saw how she freaks out when she has to deal with vomit or unexpected poo with loud shrieks. Her kids seem traumatized in some ways. And I noticed she made them stay in their cribs until almost nine am with a four hour nap in the middle of the day. Not to mention how she berates her husband. I got annoyed with how often Kate talks about "god" providing them with material and other gifts but downplayed the fact that it is kind individuals who keep this ship afloat.

I started investigating on the web and I have come to the conclusion that this woman is a bonafide nightmare. And that she and Jon are engaging in borderline criminal activities by misrespresenting their finances. Just my opinion I know.. but I want to point out that I started out liking this woman.
    Last edited by obtessed4sure; 07-01-2008 at 04:33 AM.

Closed Thread