Closed Thread

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

FORT Newbie

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

My lord! this woman I tell you! "Cara made a beautiful pink ankle bracelet and Mady made this Obnoxious orange necklace with obnoxious orange earrings to go with it.....Oh well she must be into orange this year. (sigh)" ~Kate Gosselin

Both girls made beautiful jewelry! The orange was a fiery spunky color just like Mady and the pink was sweet and pretty like Cara! I dont know why she had to put it down, she was just being creative!

FORT Regular

First post...

I think Jon and Kate are trying very hard to raise their family. Do I agree with everything they do? Absolutely not.

But the things that are important to them are always important. (Or so it seems on the show). Since they are trying to make the kids "look" a certain way, their looks are very important. They seem to make sure their clothing always matches. Freebies, I'm sure! And the boys seem to have a haircut all the time--probably because it's free for another year or so. But since they have to actually comb the girls' hair, their ponytails look a mess! At my house, if you get a stain on your clothes, I'll try to get it out. If not, I'm angry at the stain and not my kid. But hair is very important to me, so the parts for the ponytails may take me a half hour!

I guess germs are not as important as you would think they would be for Kate. Being a nurse and since she claims to have OCD, you'd think she'd have Clorox wipes all over the place! Maybe since they are not free it's not a priority...haha! But the hiney juice and dried blood and dandruff at the kitchen table? THAT IS COMPLETELY DISGUSTING and there is no excuse for it! I know lots of people state that they are a young couple with lots of responsibility as their reason, but does that excuse this behavior? Besides, most of us don't have cameras following us around giving us a chance to see the error of our ways, and a constant mirror for us to look into and make changes for the good. Yet most people I know try to fix their life's boo-boos. This show has been on for three plus seasons, and there has been little growth in either of them.

As a Christian, I know you are supposed to try to be more Christ-like. Belittling your spouse in public and on national television and not even trying to correct it? NOT VERY CHRIST-LIKE.

Ok. I'm sure everyone will tear me apart since I'm a newb. Let it rip!

FORT Newbie

We're not gonna rip you apart! You make very good and valid points! I really love the "hiney juice" comment...I dont recall hearing kate say that the kids nails were dirty from scratching their "hineys" what episode did she say this in?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by HeidiAnne;3090689;
    We're not gonna rip you apart! You make very good and valid points! I really love the "hiney juice" comment...I dont recall hearing kate say that the kids nails were dirty from scratching their "hineys" what episode did she say this in?
    Boys' Day Out, I believe.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by HeidiAnne;3090657;
    My lord! this woman I tell you! "Cara made a beautiful pink ankle bracelet and Mady made this Obnoxious orange necklace with obnoxious orange earrings to go with it.....Oh well she must be into orange this year. (sigh)" ~Kate Gosselin

Both girls made beautiful jewelry! The orange was a fiery spunky color just like Mady and the pink was sweet and pretty like Cara! I dont know why she had to put it down, she was just being creative!
    I thought the same thing, why does she have to belittle what her own children do?

By the way, raise your hand if you are going to be buying the new music video.

FORT Newbie

oh me me! I am downloading the video right now!

FORT Newbie

Has it been discussed here that Kate leaves potties all over the house FULL until Jon empties them at the end of the day?! Gross, this was said in the hair plug episode when Mady was telling Uncle Kevin about the potties. She says shes a germaphobe but leaving those to sit all day is GROSS

FORT Regular

Okay, just saw the latest episode. And I'm reviewing (in my head) the past couple of episodes and am starting to question some of Jon's behavior.

I know this has been discussed, but why did he take the boys to play golf? And then had no interaction with them? So onto tonight's episode...did he just give the boys a ride to the gym? Because Jon was lifting weights, and did not interact with them very much. I thought Jon was the better of the pair of parents, and was more involved with the children. But it seems, as of late, he is so worried about his looks and getting time away from Kate, that he barely even speaks to the kids. And when he does, it's just to belt out orders. Is he that focused on keeping her happy that everything else comes second? Or is he just doing what she wants because the only alternative is to leave, and it's cheaper to keep her?

Also during the interviews, which are supposedly late at night, Jon is usually staring into space. He never gets a word in at all. Am I the only one who thinks they should do some separate interviews? Kate talks over Jon whenever he tries to speak, so why should he stay awake? He should just give the correct answer to her question ("Isn't that right, Honey?"..."Yes, Dear") and keep it moving. If they did interview them individually, we might get to hear something else from him!

FORT Newbie

Now that I think of it, Jon does seem to just haul the boys but just lets them run free (which is okay for them to let go and have fun) but, someone needs to be watching them (this was the case on the golf course) I had noticed that he is shallow, talking about wearing certain clothes, kates hair and weight, his weight. So I guess he is just becoming more shallow.

I dont know if I would wanna see them in individual interviews, It would just seem weird to me.

I'm sorry, the 'video' was embarassing. I had to turn the channel after 5 seconds. Perhaps the end of the show is indeed near? It jumped the shark with that 'video'.
    Last edited by FireStorm; 06-30-2008 at 11:32 PM.

Closed Thread