Closed Thread

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

MamaC,
    Great minds think alike. Glad we don't think like Kate! That was mean, I'm sorry...well not really.

FORT Newbie

Oh! I thought a rain check like in the advertisements meant that you can put a product on hold and pay for it like within a week lol I think thats Layaway though haha

I don't think Kate was using the coupons on organic products.

I use coupons on cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, health/hygiene supplies, cold and allergy products, paper products, cereals, soups/canned foods, some dairy. Buy my meat, produce, butter, etc. while they are on sale.

I used to really use the coupons a lot when the three kiddies were all still at home, now we are just down to the 17 year old here. Still, we do save money by buying when things are on sale, using the coupons, and stocking up on things that we really use.

I think in that show with Kate shopping, she picked up something like 18 loaves of bread (I could me off here!) because it was on sale. We used to freeze the bread when our kids were younger. Same thing with butter, that freezes well.

Quote Originally Posted by HeidiAnne;3089901;
    Oh! I thought a rain check like in the advertisements meant that you can put a product on hold and pay for it like within a week lol I think thats Layaway though haha

Yes, that's lay-a-way. I never did anything on lay-a-way and have now heard that a lot of places are doing away with it. But I know a lot of people who did like to use that option, especially around the holidays.

FORT Newbie

I agree that someone from the Jon & Kate camp is reading these and other boards and implementing changes.
    Last night's show, when they were talking about naps that the kids don't take anymore... they showed the dinner table and were talking about how they can tell who hasn't slept at nap time and NO BIBS!! I couldn't believe my eyes.

Then when Jon went to run errands he told Aaden, "Come on, it's your turn". Kate tried to explain it by saying the kids are old enough now to remember whose turn it is. Riight. Then why did one of the other boys cry the entire time Jon was gone, with Kate telling him his turn will be next.

I think it's great if they are learning things from the boards. It tells me they are still trying to improve, which I attribute entirely to the PR person they've recently hired.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3089912;
    I don't think Kate was using the coupons on organic products.

I use coupons on cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, health/hygiene supplies, cold and allergy products, paper products, cereals, soups/canned foods, some dairy. Buy my meat, produce, butter, etc. while they are on sale.

I used to really use the coupons a lot when the three kiddies were all still at home, now we are just down to the 17 year old here. Still, we do save money by buying when things are on sale, using the coupons, and stocking up on things that we really use.

I think in that show with Kate shopping, she picked up something like 18 loaves of bread (I could me off here!) because it was on sale. We used to freeze the bread when our kids were younger. Same thing with butter, that freezes well.

I bow to you Mama, I missed that episode, so I hadn't even thought about cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, health/hygiene supplies, cold and allergy products, and paper products. Duh...
    Our local papers hardly ever give any decent coupons anymore, back in the day, I would challenge myself to get out of the store really cheap, not anymore.

How do we know they have hired a PR person? I must have missed that unless we are assuming.

Despite cringing at Kate and her "quirks" (to be kind) - I do believe they are doing the best job that they can. They seem open to change when/if they find a better way, and you have to admire that. They are young and to handle all that has come their way is quite something. I doubt that I would have been able to handle that many kids well. Their kids appear happy and are well cared for -- and that is what matters most.

I think she is still using the bibs, though

I watched several of the shows during yesterday's marathon session and I think it was the one with one of the girl tups sleeping at the table.

It is after dinner and we see Kate in the kitchen and maybe it was where she is making the popcorn for the movie night. All of the bibs are cleaned and hanging up on the cabinet handles to dry! She actually had the bibs velcroed or whatever between the handles of the upper kitchen cabinets!

I swear I saw this, I am not making this up!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by winerydoor;3089920;
    I agree that someone from the Jon & Kate camp is reading these and other boards and implementing changes.
    Last night's show, when they were talking about naps that the kids don't take anymore... they showed the dinner table and were talking about how they can tell who hasn't slept at nap time and NO BIBS!! I couldn't believe my eyes.

Then when Jon went to run errands he told Aaden, "Come on, it's your turn". Kate tried to explain it by saying the kids are old enough now to remember whose turn it is. Riight. Then why did one of the other boys cry the entire time Jon was gone, with Kate telling him his turn will be next.

I think it's great if they are learning things from the boards. It tells me they are still trying to improve, which I attribute entirely to the PR person they've recently hired.

So, you think we may get them straightened out someday? That would be great! I thought the same thing, we had just talked about something and next thing we were seeing it on their show, for the first time ever. I guess we are doing something good here.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by winerydoor;3089920;

I agree that they are reading the boards but I missed that there were no bibs! wow, I wasnt really paying attention last night though. I am glad they are taking the kids with them, It was cute when Aaden (who is my fav!) got to get a doughnut hole! I remember going with my dad to the liquor store to get a sucker, I couldnt wait for him to run out of beer!

Closed Thread