Closed Thread
Page 10 of 208 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2884601;
    Ita I think we believe bcause we see an hour of taped footage of a real family that we know them. What the Gooselin's do with their money and how they earn it is nobodys business
    It is when it's the tax payer's money! Sure the kids are cute, and sure it must be really tiring to have 8 kids running around, but tell me who it was who held a gun to the Gosselins respective heads and forced them to use fertility drugs. And now the belly aching starts and they expect to have people donate time to help them and give them tax breaks and extended Medicare. Probably that's why they are on TV so that Kate doesn't have to get a job. Think of people you know who have four kids or so, who helps them? They should have thought thru the consequences before they had a second helping of fertility drugs. They could have given a great life to those two twin girls.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2893864;
    It is when it's the tax payer's money! Sure the kids are cute, and sure it must be really tiring to have 8 kids running around, but tell me who it was who held a gun to the Gosselins respective heads and forced them to use fertility drugs. And now the belly aching starts and they expect to have people donate time to help them and give them tax breaks and extended Medicare. Probably that's why they are on TV so that Kate doesn't have to get a job. Think of people you know who have four kids or so, who helps them? They should have thought thru the consequences before they had a second helping of fertility drugs. They could have given a great life to those two twin girls.
    I thought I had seen every show and yet I don't recall Kate ever asking for Medicare for themselves. Can someone tell me what episode this was on? Actually, they can't get medicare until retirement age, so I assume it was Medicaid.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2893787;
    I hate the way Kate refers to organic foods as healthy, just because they are organic. She doesnt believe her kids should eat candy, but it the candy is organic....she gives it to them. So, in her book, organic sugar is "healthy". Sugar is sugar whether its sprayed with pesticides or not.
    I guess I looked at this remark she made about the candy in a different light. I thought she meant if the kids were going to have candy, she would rather it be organic than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2893876;
    I thought I had seen every show and yet I don't recall Kate ever asking for Medicare for themselves. Can someone tell me what episode this was on? Actually, they can't get medicare until retirement age, so I assume it was Medicaid.
    Oops I meant Medicaid

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2894750;
    Oops I meant Medicaid

CH, do you know what episode that was? Was it an early episode before it became a weekly show?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2893864;

Tell me who held a gun to the head of those who sent them gifts,money a kazoo or whatever is bugging folks? The only people who I can see even caring is the people that sent them money,etc. I don't remember anyone putting guns to the heads of us viewers and forcing us to watch things that bug us so much either.

I'd enjoy seeing Kate encourage the fans who want to send her kids gifts to donate to a childrens cause instead. It's disheartening and selfish when there are truly so many needy families in the world.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 04-04-2008 at 06:14 PM.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

I don't recall Kate ever asking for [Medicaid] for themselves.
    The Gosselins' appeal for extending the Medicaid nurse services for the sextuplets beyond the one-year limit was well publicized at the time, as described in this article. The state eventualy denied the appeal since the babies were healthy and there was no medical need.
    Mother Of Sextuplets Faces Loss Of Medicaid-Funded Nurse (Society has a responsibility, says Mom)

I thought she meant if the kids were going to have candy, she would rather it be organic than not.
    Kate is an RN and I would think that she must have done some coursework in biology and chemistry. She should know that the human body recognizes all sugar, whether it's organic, white sugar, honey, fructose, corn syrup, etc. exactly the same way: that is, it causes tooth decay, spikes in insulin levels, and affects the body on the cellular level. Perhaps organic candy doesn't contain dyes or other types of chemicals, and in that respect is "better" than non-organic, but whatever is used to sweeten organic candy will have the same physiological affects as any other type of sugar.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2895341;
    The Gosselins' appeal for extending the Medicaid nurse services for the sextuplets beyond the one-year limit was well publicized at the time, as described in this article. The state eventualy denied the appeal since the babies were healthy and there was no medical need.
    Mother Of Sextuplets Faces Loss Of Medicaid-Funded Nurse (Society has a responsibility, says Mom)

Kate is an RN and I would think that she must have done some coursework in biology and chemistry. She should know that the human body recognizes all sugar, whether it's organic, white sugar, honey, fructose, corn syrup, etc. exactly the same way: that is, it causes tooth decay, spikes in insulin levels, and affects the body on the cellular level. Perhaps organic candy doesn't contain dyes or other types of chemicals, and in that respect is "better" than non-organic, but whatever is used to sweeten organic candy will have the same physiological affects as any other type of sugar.
    Thanks for the link.

We also eat organic food. That does not mean that we don't eat sugar from time to time, but if we do, we do eat organic sugar. Although sugar is not good for you, we prefer eating the organic sugar since it is grown without pesticides and also has had less processing then "regular" sugar. So I guess I can understand why she was asking if the candy was organic. By the way Hershey makes a wonderful organic candy bar. Who says you have to give up chocolate...YUM!

FORT Fogey

Although sugar is not good for you, we prefer eating the organic sugar since it is grown without pesticides and also has had less processing then "regular" sugar.
    Understood. What doesn't make sense to many viewers is that Kate often explains the kids' bad behavior as a result of "low blood sugar." Whatever candy the kids may receive, whether or not it's organic, will cause a spike and a corresponding dive in blood sugar levels, so in that sense organic candy is no better than non-organic. But candy isn't the only cause of blood sugar spikes/lows, and the simple fix is to provide the kids with more protein and complex carbs that are slower to digest, thereby maintaining more stable blood sugar levels.

Closed Thread