+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Did anyone watch the premiere of the latest season on BATG tonight? I am surprised it isn't being covered this time around and I didn't see a thread already started for it, so I thought I would kick one off.

I hope this season turns out to be as endearing as it has been in the past, because I have a few reservations about this season. Mostly these things:
    1. Not sure about the "beauty versus the geek" format. I like watching the beauties and the geeks team up. I wonder if they abandonded that because of that one tragic pairing last season (...can't remember their names now).
    2. There is one girl, I think her name is Randi, who seems like she belongs on FOL rather than BATG. She is loud, obnoxious, confrontational, and abrasive.
    3. I'm annoyed that the african american girls are the ones edited as agressive and bitchy. This is only the first episode, so I hope this is not going to be a recurring element.
    4. This group of geeks seems much less "hopeless" than last seasons. There seem to be a lot more "hotties in disguise".

On the other hand, there do seem to be some very sweet personalities on both sides of the competition. I guess only time will tell if it will be a success or a flop.

Re: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

I watched. I'm surprised too that it's not being covered. Also surprised at the lack of interest. Is this the beginning of the end of BATG?

There is another thread...
    Beauty and the Geek -- Season 5
    ...but it's buried deep in the 'shows no longer covered' forum.

Not sure I like the new format, but it looks like the people are going to get to know each other of their own accord anyway.

Hope the Beauties lose next week and Randi goes.

What was the tragedy of last season?
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 03-12-2008 at 12:16 AM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I love this show but I'm disappointed at the new format. Beauties vs. geeks seems like it can become us vs. them. I was pleasantly surprised though that at least some of the girls are thinking about how they can help the geeks.

Tragedy last season? I don't remember one.

I'm guessing the tragedy was the opposite team (the guy beauty, the girl geek), can't remember their names though.

And I don't like the new format, it just doesn't go with what the idea of the show is or was.
    omg, stunning~*~.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Yummy;2836222;
    I'm guessing the tragedy was the opposite team (the guy beauty, the girl geek), can't remember their names though.

And I don't like the new format, it just doesn't go with what the idea of the show is or was.
    I think the tragedy was the one couple who really hated each other. They made it far into the competition but didn't really start to make any progress till about the week they were kicked off. I can't remember their names I'm afraid. How fleeting is reality fame!

FORT Fan

I really looked forward to this new season because I've always loved the sweetness that develops between the couples (except of course for that one couple last season - William and someone). With this new adversarial format how can the Beauties & Geeks help each other grow as people? It just seems to be every person for him/herself now with the focus being on winning the money. So disappointed.

Husband and I were instantly shocked when we found out it would be Beauties VS Geeks. I'm not sure how it will pan out... I will however keep watching because I already have a crush on a few of the keeps Oh what is sweatervest guy's name? hehe. he's cute. And the "Gaysian" Too sweet! Also, the guy I call "New Nate" He's adorably hopeless.

The really thin black woman... I don't know her name yet either? I have a feeling she is a super manipulator. It seems from this episode and previews, that she definately uses OVERT sexual overtones to make the guys do what she wants. I found it incredibly offensive how blatent she was being.

The only Geek I see no promise of growing to like is the Cowboy one. Oy he bothers me.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2836199;
    What was the tragedy of last season?
    Sorry about the confusion. As some of the other posters commented, when I referred to the tragic couple last season I meant William and Jen (I had to go look up her name!) He was the small redhead and she was the super-athletic girl. He maintained that she reminded him of every person that picked on him in school and they NEVER got along - I don't think they even warmed to each other!! I only meant "tragic" in the sense that it was a shame because I think they were the only couple in any season to not grow at all as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2836650;
    The only Geek I see no promise of growing to like is the Cowboy one. Oy he bothers me.
    He is an odd one isn't he?? I think what bothers me is the way he carries himself. He is super rigid and is always saluting at people and speaking in an overly formal manner. However, I do think he has some potential. If they shaved off that bizarre patchy beard he's sportin' and get him to relax... Hey, if they could turn Dave-the-Larper around last season I think we can have hope for anyone!!

FORT Regular

I love this show but hate this format. I wont be watching this season

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast