+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Re: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;2892777;
    I like Leticia also...I must have missed why everyone else thinks lower of her? She seemed sweet to me, waiting for Matt to get home and all..
    I think there's some general notion that she's "acting" and that this is all a career building move for her. Which come on... the "beauties" all do this.

But I like her.

I think to some extent she's here to boost her career, but I also sense she's one of those girls who's what you call a "guy's girl". Those are the girls who hang out with guys more than other girls, who don't play typical "girl games", and thus probably wind up having other women hate them even more.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Leticia is defenitely the smartes beauty out of the whole pack.
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

My husband is a cowboy, born and raised on a ranch in Texas, and it annoys me to no end seeing Joe giving cowboys such a bad name! No, real cowboys do NOT dress and act like that! It's mostly city guys pretending to be a "cowboy".

Disclaimer: I'm sure somebody will say that they know a real cowboy that dresses like that lol but I've never met one!

That all being said, I cannot stand Joe. Between the negativity and the way he is always closing his eyes when he talks? I just want to reach through my screen and slap him till he is gone. He isn't a geek, he is a jerk. There seem to be a high number of those on this show this season. I usually cannot stand the beauties and think the geeks are sweet but this season (other than what's her name...the model? Amber?) I actually like all the beauties and can't stand most of the geeks. Greg and Matt and that's about it. Don't like any of the others.

Leticia has been my favorite since day one, closely followed by the girl with the baby voice (yeah I know a lot of them have one!). The one Cara? Tara? That is a Daisy Dukes hostess (I thought it said heiress when I first read it heeee)

I agree with Harmony2000 about Joe being misrepresentative of cowboys. Although I am from Rural Northern NY and we don't really have "Cowboy" cowboys here.. we have a really decent share of various types of farms, and never once have I met someone from that lifestyle who is anything like Joe.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2917030;
    My husband is a cowboy, born and raised on a ranch in Texas, and it annoys me to no end seeing Joe giving cowboys such a bad name! No, real cowboys do NOT dress and act like that! It's mostly city guys pretending to be a "cowboy".

Disclaimer: I'm sure somebody will say that they know a real cowboy that dresses like that lol but I've never met one!

That all being said, I cannot stand Joe. Between the negativity and the way he is always closing his eyes when he talks? I just want to reach through my screen and slap him till he is gone. He isn't a geek, he is a jerk. There seem to be a high number of those on this show this season. I usually cannot stand the beauties and think the geeks are sweet but this season (other than what's her name...the model? Amber?) I actually like all the beauties and can't stand most of the geeks. Greg and Matt and that's about it. Don't like any of the others.

Leticia has been my favorite since day one, closely followed by the girl with the baby voice (yeah I know a lot of them have one!). The one Cara? Tara? That is a Daisy Dukes hostess (I thought it said heiress when I first read it heeee)
    I'm from Texas...and, yes...Joe would get his ass handed to him six ways till Sunday down here for even thinking about dressing faux cowboy.

That and hith Thylvethter the Cat voith...he needth a therioth beating for that too.

great ep tonight!!

I had to DVR it, as I was watching the Biggest Loser finale. But I shall watch and comment tomorrow
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I missed the first 20 minutes. Can someone spoil what happened at the beginning? Sounds like I missed quite a bit!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And were the roles in the burning bldg. reversed because of Matt's eyesight?

FORT Fan

Greggie's gone! I'm bereft. Not so much about his partner, Randi, though. Can't stand in-your-face kind of people.

I'm still rooting for Matt to win! They should have shown us the time & conclusion of their firefighting challenge.

Did this happen to anyone else? Several times during the showing, it was like subliminal messages were flashing on the screen. The first one I was really able to make out was "Chili cheese and fries" in big red letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2921935;
    I missed the first 20 minutes. Can someone spoil what happened at the beginning? Sounds like I missed quite a bit!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And were the roles in the burning bldg. reversed because of Matt's eyesight?
    Not sure why that question was labeled as a spoiler, but here's the answer:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Matt was not allowed to participate because of the injury to his clavacle (spelling?) suffered during the flag football challenge. Therefore, they gave the team the option of letting Leticia participate.

+ Reply to Thread