+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Re: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2905515;
    And I have a huge crush on Matt. Not the best looking guy, certainly, but I looooove his personality. Unless he's putting on a heck of an act, he is kind, intelligent and has a sense of humour, and that is just the kind of guy for me.
    I think Matt is way to goofy and "innocent" to be putting on an act. I think he is genuinely a sweet guy. At the beginning I thought he seemed really nervous and "twitchy", like he wasn't in control of his limbs. I think as he has gotten more confident around these girls, he is also carrying himself with more control. I do like him and although I do think Leticia may be playing the game strategically, I do think she has a genuine affection for Matt!

The makeover show is usually my favorite ep of the season. It (generally) gives the geeks confidence, which is nice to see. They all looked much better post-makeover.

I was rather disappointed in the makeovers last night though. Maybe I was expecting drastic changes like in previous seasons? (especially after just watching the makeovers from the UK season) I wasn't expecting model material, just more. I don't know...

The soap opera performances were all great. They all did very well. Abducted by pirates! Hilarious! I'd love to see them add that to the script.

and dammit Joe, stop being so negative! You're bringing the house down, as well as screwing over your partner, my fave, Tara!

I actually hated Tommy's makeover! The hair was a wreck for me.. and I was way more attracted to the sweatervests *lol* In my opinion, the ONLY thing he needed, was tighter sweatervests. He wears them a little boxy and baggy.

And I am so on the Matt crush wagon *lol* I was thinking Leticia was %100 cauculated, until I saw her looking really mad and jealous in far away shots at the bar. Now, if the camera were up close and she knew it was on her and she did that... it wouldn't have changed my opinion. However, since she wasn't aware of the camera on her at that second, and had no reason to think she should be "on" and was STILL that way... I wonder if she is maybe also genuinely on the MattLove wagon? Either that or she just can't stand not getting all the attention? I prefer to think it's the first theory

Oh yeah, and I cannot belive Tom and Amber can possibly be dating in real life. Unless he won the show and suddenly had money, she would not ever give him a second look. She is just TERRIBLE.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2906277;
    Oh yeah, and I cannot belive Tom and Amber can possibly be dating in real life. Unless he won the show and suddenly had money, she would not ever give him a second look. She is just TERRIBLE.
    I agree. She flat out said on the show that she wouldn't give him the time of day in the real world. And frankly, I hope they aren't because she think she is all-that-and-a-bag-of-Doritos -- she would probably walk all over him. He deserves MUCH better than her!!!!

I felt the same way about sweatervest guy. They wrecked his hair. It looked like I died it in Jr High with peroxide. Just ick.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

I'm hopping on the Matt bandwagon! What's not to adore about this guy?!

Joe, OTOH, could he BE more of a downer? His makeover was a great transformation, but instead of appreciating it, he had a pity party. Definitely, he's going home soon. Sympathies to Tara.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2906277;
    Either that or she just can't stand not getting all the attention?
    That's where I'd put my money. I think she really likes him in a friendly way, but there is something phony about her. It's like she is trying too hard.

I have to call shenanigans on Tommy. I didn't think he was very geeky to begin with, and after his "makeover", I think he's this years ringer. They changed his hair color, mussed it up a bit, and got rid of the sweater vest. How lame. His awkwardness feels like an act, and he seems to fall out of it occasionally.

I think Joe is right when he says that he will not gain anything more from this game. He's got issues that require (if he wants) more serious attention than what these people can provide. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2907010;
    His awkwardness feels like an act, and he seems to fall out of it occasionally.
    I was thinking that too.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

leticia and matt are the best couple. i cant stand joe.

+ Reply to Thread