+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Re: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2851780;
    Whew. I never thought I would say that I was happy that Randi was in, but I am so glad Amber and her self-proclaimed-bitchy-super-model-self is gone. She contributed nothing to this show.

I really hope this season gets better. Otherwise I will have to admit that it has already jumped the shark.

ETA: I guess everyone else has given up on this format already!!

ETA(again): Ooooh. The previews have the host saying "the game is about to change again". I hope they realized early the the versus format sucks and decided to change it mid-stream!
    I agree I don't like the format of this season at all. Its not good....

I do think there are more girls here for the money than on any other season but at the same time I think if these girls were paired with a Geek their views would change.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2851780;
    ETA(again): Ooooh. The previews have the host saying "the game is about to change again". I hope they realized early the the versus format sucks and decided to change it mid-stream!
    I've noticed in the intro that they change the title from "Beauty vs Geek" to "Beauty and the Geek" so I'm thinking they will go to the original format too. I hope so. I like the new elimination format, however. It seems more fair to me.

Amber. Nice to look at, but a horrible attitude.

ok i will say i love this show....season 4 was the best and i think 5 will be second...the geeks....woooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooow is all i have to say....they are all dateable...the geek that took off his shirt and has the six pack omg i would so do him....no i would purposely fail a class just for him to tudor me lol
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

Quote Originally Posted by Jptopmodel8;2853495;
    ...the geek that took off his shirt and has the six pack...
    I was wondering if a person can be ripped like that and still be considered a geek. It seems oxymoronic to me...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2853596;
    I was wondering if a person can be ripped like that and still be considered a geek. It seems oxymoronic to me...
    idk...but i think so...why not?!!...im sure their are geeks that are ripped just like him but are into studying etc....anyway i think he looks fantastic and should stay with out a shirt for the rest of the show lol....none of those geeks look like geeks..they look good....im sad Amber was eliminated i was starting to like her.
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2852833;

Amber. Nice to look at, but a horrible attitude.
    I wouldn't even go that far, I thought she looked like Wesley Snipes in drag. That attitude was laughable, good riddance.

I was really liking Leticia, but I was disappointed that she was hot-tubbing with the geeks instead of studying. I don't think I completely buy her argument that she "wanted to bond with them" - she only wanted to bond so she wouldn't get sent to elimination. On the other hand, up until this point she has seemed like one of the more open-minded girls.
    I don't buy her excuse, she knew getting in that hot tub would buy her some points. I liked her last week, this week not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2854184;
    I wouldn't even go that far, I thought she looked like Wesley Snipes in drag. That attitude was laughable, good riddance.

I don't buy her excuse, she knew getting in that hot tub would buy her some points. I liked her last week, this week not so much.

THAAAAAT'S WHO SHE WAS REMINDING ME OF!!

She was going for Naomi Campbel, but missing the mark some.
    Egads I am glad that give-the-rest-of-us a bad name "woman" is gone.

I am also of the mind that they might go back to origional format next week.
    the little "and/vs" flip in the show's intro did it for me. Here's hoping!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I thought Amber was smokin hot too. Most of the other girls, not so much.

FORT Newbie

Greeeaaaat! Asians aren't represented on TV/Film enough as it is, but, whenever we are we're either asexual geeks, or gay. In this case, we're both.

Not that I have a problem with geeks (I consider myself one, sans the "asexual" part ), or gays (definitely DON'T consider myself one)...I just wish that there were more Yul Kwons than "Greggies" and "Hiro Nakamuras" reppin' us Asians onscreen.

I am just now watching the premiere in full and I am disgusted, but not all that shocked, at how the women were treated with being less then perfect. It really is a sad commentary on todays society and I hope they let the people that treated these women with anything less than total respect just how gorgeous they were BUT I also dont think that it should make a difference.

oh and that VOICE on the one gal - jesus - I hear young girls on TV all sounding like "Betty Boop" and feel like sending them a coupon for voice lessons - what is with that NOISE ? God - like nails on a chalkboard.

ANd the two black girls going at it ? Why do women have to scream and act so trashy ? Reminds me of O on the Celebrity Apprentice
    Last edited by uwishtoo; 03-20-2008 at 03:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread