+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Re: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

I like the new format. I'm sure eventually they will couple them together to do challenges. Cowboy made me cringe each time he was on the screen.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2836666;
    He is an odd one isn't he?? I think what bothers me is the way he carries himself. He is super rigid and is always saluting at people and speaking in an overly formal manner. However, I do think he has some potential. If they shaved off that bizarre patchy beard he's sportin' and get him to relax... Hey, if they could turn Dave-the-Larper around last season I think we can have hope for anyone!!
    I agree completely. I know so many people around here that speak in that elitist overly formal manner as well... and for the most part they are wicked "indie snobs".

I was not fond of Dave the Larper, but Jasmine and he were a perfect match and they both won me over. So *fingers crossed*
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2836650;
    Husband and I were instantly shocked when we found out it would be Beauties VS Geeks. I'm not sure how it will pan out... I will however keep watching because I already have a crush on a few of the keeps Oh what is sweatervest guy's name? hehe. he's cute. And the "Gaysian" Too sweet! Also, the guy I call "New Nate" He's adorably hopeless.
    OMG the sweatervest guy is just too cute. He's one of the cute nerds like John (S4) and Nate (S3).
    omg, stunning~*~.

I don't quite get what the "Gaysian" is supposed to get out of it. I mean, if he's gay...then he wouldn't be intimidated by beautiful women in the first place, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2838737;
    I don't quite get what the "Gaysian" is supposed to get out of it. I mean, if he's gay...then he wouldn't be intimidated by beautiful women in the first place, right?
    He may just be generally nerdy and introverted and intimidated by ANY person who is beautiful/confident/outgoing. I think he has a much potential for improvement as any of the other geeks. However, I do wonder how it will affect him in some of the challenges. I thought he had a distinct disadvantage in the phone number challenge because he got thrown into a room where he was also trying to figure out if any of the men were gay. I think he probably would have had more luck in the challenge if he had faked being straight and gone after the girls numbers....

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2839823;
    He may just be generally nerdy and introverted and intimidated by ANY person who is beautiful/confident/outgoing. .......
    That's the only conclusion I can come up with also. Well for starters, the beauties can stop calling him "Greggie" and start calling him "Greg".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2838737;
    It is definately an odd choice but he could win it. No one is going to be nominating him for elimination. He has become their mascot! He could use some help in becoming more confident and I think he will. He may just be the most improved geek to date.

Watching the show and have a few thoughts...
    • I could not stand Randy last week. I still think she is too argumentative, but at least she was making an attempt to get them together for the talent show challenge.
    • I didn't think Amber was too bad last week, but this week it is her I can't stand. I can't believe she is kissing up to that nice geek just so she won't get sent to elimination. I'm glad the other geeks saw through her.
    • I think Cara and Tara are vapid.
    • I was really liking Leticia, but I was disappointed that she was hot-tubbing with the geeks instead of studying. I don't think I completely buy her argument that she "wanted to bond with them" - she only wanted to bond so she wouldn't get sent to elimination. On the other hand, up until this point she has seemed like one of the more open-minded girls.
    • I am glad the geeks were sending the most drama-causing beauties to elimination. Although I think Cara and Tara are completely ditzy, they do have an arguement that they seem to stay out of the drama for the most part.
    • I was so happy that the geeks won the challenge by a mile.
    • I hate the conflict that this beauty vs the geek format is creating - it sucks so far!!!
    • There seem to be many more beauties here only for the money this time around.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-18-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: rephrase

Elimination is down to Amber and Randy and Amber claims her "heart is hurting" to get more time (whatever, she is all about the drama)...
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-18-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: typo

Whew. I never thought I would say that I was happy that Randi was in, but I am so glad Amber and her self-proclaimed-bitchy-super-model-self is gone. She contributed nothing to this show.

I really hope this season gets better. Otherwise I will have to admit that it has already jumped the shark.

ETA: I guess everyone else has given up on this format already!!

ETA(again): Ooooh. The previews have the host saying "the game is about to change again". I hope they realized early the the versus format sucks and decided to change it mid-stream!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-18-2008 at 09:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread