+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Re: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2993956;
    I am bummed. First my fav team for the win, Matt & Leticia were booted out first.

Toward the end, they were totally giving Amanda and Tommy the winners edit, so I wasn't too surprised that they won, but I am disappointed. I really was hoping Chris and Cara would take it after Matt and Leticia left.
    I agree completely. Loved Matt, wanted him to win, and if not him, Cara. I had no feelings about Amanda one way or the other, but something about Tommy bothered me from the git go, not the very least his designation as "sweater vest enthusiast". And he really seemed to have an insufficient amount of difficulty connecting with women.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie

I was also really disappointed about Matt and Leticia getting sent home, especially in the first ten minutes of the show. I did think it was a great idea to bring back all the other competitors, but I ended up being pretty annoyed by Amber and the drama between the beauties. I wish they had focused on the other people a little more during that section of the show. I really hope Tommy doesn't spend any of that money on Amber - she's just a nasty person. I loved Tara's comment that Tommy needed to go through a few Ambers before he's ready for her though - awesome!

Overall a fun season to watch. My favorite team (Matt and Leticia) did make it to the last episode while the most annoying people (Amber and Randi) got booted pretty early, which made it a lot more fun to watch. I'm sad that it's being cancelled.

Aww - this was cute! I was disappointed Matt and Leticia didn't win it, but I liked all of the couples left. I loved the twist and final challenge of bringing all of the B & G's back. Did you notice they didn't talk to Joe at all??? They had to put the drama with the girls in there of course! The final challenge was really good. As I said before, I still think this is one of the "nicest" reality shows, and I will miss it!

Quote Originally Posted by Neville;2994496;
    I loved Tara's comment that Tommy needed to go through a few Ambers before he's ready for her though - awesome!
    I agree, that was a great comment.

I ended up being a little annoyed that at least two of the beauties picked Kristina as the most beautiful person in the house during that first quiz challenge. First, I thought she was pretty but far from the prettiest in the house (if she was I probably wouldn't have kept forgetting who she was). Second, she really showed her "ugly" when all the couples were back in the house. It made me feel like the beauties that chose her hadn't learned enough to choose someone based on their inner beauty.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2996004;
    I ended up being a little annoyed that at least two of the beauties picked Kristina as the most beautiful person in the house during that first quiz challenge. First, I thought she was pretty but far from the prettiest in the house (if she was I probably wouldn't have kept forgetting who she was). Second, she really showed her "ugly" when all the couples were back in the house.
    I totally agree with you, I actually thought Kristina was one of the least pretty of the beauties this season along with Randi and Amber (and yes, my opinion might have been influenced by their ugly personalities). Personally I thought Leticia was the prettiest one on the show, especially since she had a really expressive face and smiled a lot. Tiffany and Jillian also looked really good.
    Last edited by Neville; 05-14-2008 at 07:43 PM.

FORT Newbie

I went in to the finale hoping that Leticia and Matt would win, as I was very impressed with their friendly and supportive teamwork, and the fact that they so often said, "I want to win this challenge for my partner." Good on Tommy and Amanda for winning, but as others have said, I didn't come away feeling that they were the team which showed the most personal growth through the course of the season.

BatG was really the only "reality" show I could stand to watch, and the combination of challenges and personal interactions kept me hooked to the series (only watched this season and the last with Jasmine and Dave). It had heart, even if some aspects were slightly manipulative -- darma! need more drama! -- and I will be very sorry to not be able to look forward to "getting to know" another group of beauties and geeks. It was great fun while it lasted!

Quote Originally Posted by Neville;2996809;
    I totally agree with you, I actually thought Kristina was one of the least pretty of the beauties this season along with Randi and Amber (and yes, my opinion might have been influenced by their ugly personalities). Personally I thought Leticia was the prettiest one on the show, especially since she had a really expressive face and smiled a lot. Tiffany and Jillian also looked really good.
    I thought Leticia, Jillian and Tiffany were the 3 prettiest women there. I don't understand Kristina at all...Unless the camera doens't do justice to here....

Oh boo.....I can't stand Chris or Tommy and I really liked Matt and Leticia. After reading that they were out so soon? No reason to watch the last show. Thanks for the updates guys!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyH0ur;2998511;
    I thought Leticia, Jillian and Tiffany were the 3 prettiest women there. I don't understand Kristina at all...Unless the camera doens't do justice to here....
    I was going to mention that she might be one of those women who are just stunning to look at in person. I've met a few actresses like that and visa versa I may add.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 05-15-2008 at 12:59 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

How funny -- it sounds like everyone here wanted Matt & Leticia to win! I thought that they were a fantastic pair, and one of the only groups this season that really seemed to "transform."

+ Reply to Thread