+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Re: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

So Im going to completely agree with Joe when it comes to Tara. Granted I could be watching a completely different show but Tara is completely being a big female dog here and sending mized messages.

First off the pillow fort. What a horrible thing to do to another human. You could agree to not sleep in the same bed and ask him to sleep somewhere else or just sleep somewhere else. What she did was completely uncalled for. Its embarassing to Joe and just awful. Practice what you preace Tara. You talk about morals and not sleeping in bed with another man yet in an interview Kristina/Jason both said she slept in the same bed with Tommy for at least 3 nights. So now your openly hurting Joe's feelings and now not taking his feelings into any consideration by flirting with Tommy.

I don't feel sorry for her at all in fact I hate her. She's horrible, at least Cece was open about why she was there and tried to get to know Nate. This girl is acting bad and then playing it off on Joe.

Joe is obviously bad socially so try to help him. I know hes hardheaded BUT your not helping him by building forts and openly flirting with Tommy when you know Joe likes you. I think they are both bad partners.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyH0ur;2964311;
    So Im going to completely agree with Joe when it comes to Tara. Granted I could be watching a completely different show but Tara is completely being a big female dog here and sending mized messages.

First off the pillow fort. What a horrible thing to do to another human. You could agree to not sleep in the same bed and ask him to sleep somewhere else or just sleep somewhere else. What she did was completely uncalled for. Its embarassing to Joe and just awful. Practice what you preace Tara. You talk about morals and not sleeping in bed with another man yet in an interview Kristina/Jason both said she slept in the same bed with Tommy for at least 3 nights. So now your openly hurting Joe's feelings and now not taking his feelings into any consideration by flirting with Tommy.

I don't feel sorry for her at all in fact I hate her. She's horrible, at least Cece was open about why she was there and tried to get to know Nate. This girl is acting bad and then playing it off on Joe.

Joe is obviously bad socially so try to help him. I know hes hardheaded BUT your not helping him by building forts and openly flirting with Tommy when you know Joe likes you. I think they are both bad partners.
    How is she sending mixed messages? When has she ever given Joe the idea that she might like him romantically?

If she indeed slept in a bed with Tommy but also claimed that she should not sleep in a bed with a man due to her morals, I do believe that is rude of her. She could just fess up and be honest with Joe that she was uncomfortable sleeping in a bed with him. HOWEVER, I don't necessarily think that she should avoid Tommy completely if she truly likes him. My concern would be that maybe she is flirting with Tommy only to reinforce the fact that she is not interested in Joe.

I really dislike Cece, I personally don't think Tara is anywhere near as bad as Cece was. I think Tara did come into this open-minded, but then she was paired with Joe. I think any of the beauties would be having difficulties if they had been paired with him.

JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2964451;
    How is she sending mixed messages? When has she ever given Joe the idea that she might like him romantically?

If she indeed slept in a bed with Tommy but also claimed that she should not sleep in a bed with a man due to her morals, I do believe that is rude of her. She could just fess up and be honest with Joe that she was uncomfortable sleeping in a bed with him. HOWEVER, I don't necessarily think that she should avoid Tommy completely if she truly likes him. My concern would be that maybe she is flirting with Tommy only to reinforce the fact that she is not interested in Joe.

I really dislike Cece, I personally don't think Tara is anywhere near as bad as Cece was. I think Tara did come into this open-minded, but then she was paired with Joe. I think any of the beauties would be having difficulties if they had been paired with him.

JMO.
    Mixed messages in her treatment of Joe. She has said to Joe that she doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as a guy and then she is sleeping in the same bed as Tommy. That's mixed messages. Just nicely come out and tell him she doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as him.

And then have to endure the wrath and pouting and ugliness that is Joe? Poor girl is in a no-win situation because no matter what she says or does the end result will be more nastiness from Joe.

(I've posted way back when how much I couldn't stand the way he talks with his eyes closed and how arrogant he comes and just what an over all horrible person he seems to be)

FORT Newbie

I kinda feel bad for both Tara and Joe, actually. Initially Tara was one of my favorite beauties, but it does seem like she's been treating Joe pretty badly - the pillow wall was ridiculous when she should have just told him she wasn't comfortable sharing a bed with him. On the other hand, she's definitely in a difficult position of having to partner with Joe and having to deal with his crush at the same time.

Joe on the other hand, I initially didn't like very much - especially in the makeover episode when he was throwing a tantrum. But since then I've started to feel a little more sympathy for him - it seems like he's trying, although not necessarily doing a good job he's at least making an effort to get along with people and be a good partner. It's not an easy position for him either to have a crush on his partner when she's not interested in him.

Like some other people said, I've gotten to like Cara a lot more - at first she just seemed kind of boring with a silly voice, but over time we've gotten to see that she's a really sweet person. Her and Matt getting together would be a good thing I think, although earlier in the season I thought Matt and Leticia might be into each other. Matt and Leticia are still my favorite team this season.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, so long Cowboy...the drama won't be missed. I'm not sure how much he learned, I'm not sure he can, he's so oblivious to how he comes across. It's almost like he's on the Aspergers spectrum. Tara seemed a little whiney this week also.
    Cara's voice drives me nuts though she seems sweet. I HATE women who talk like that. I don't even like little girls who talk like that. Arrgh, and you know that it is a conscious decision, no one really has a voice like that, you just use that part of your register. What kind of men do you attract that way? Pedophiles?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2975930;
    Well, so long Cowboy...the drama won't be missed. I'm not sure how much he learned, I'm not sure he can, he's so oblivious to how he comes across. It's almost like he's on the Aspergers spectrum. Tara seemed a little whiney this week also.
    Cara's voice drives me nuts though she seems sweet. I HATE women who talk like that. I don't even like little girls who talk like that. Arrgh, and you know that it is a conscious decision, no one really has a voice like that, you just use that part of your register. What kind of men do you attract that way? Pedophiles?
    Awwe...Cara is adorable I give girls like her the benefit of the doubt, I really don't think they have that much control over the voice, although if she spoke more from her diaphram and not the back of her throat or nasal area she may sound a little deeper. If you notice my avatar, Jessica had the same type of voice.

FORT Newbie

I actually kind of enjoyed watching Joe and Tara despite the drama... unlike the team that couldn't get along last season, who drove me crazy. But I think it was probably time for them to go, since they definitely didn't deserve to win. I'm rooting for Matt and Leticia next week, but I wouldn't mind Tommy and Amanda winning. I like Cara, but Chris's arrogance annoys me so I'd rather not see them win it.

It's sad that there's just one more episode left of the show. I think they had the right idea by keeping people around longer (the first two weeks only eliminated one person instead of one team, and there was another week where they didn't eliminate anyone), but it makes the end of the show seem kinda sudden.

There's a pop quiz tonight, which means they won't have advance notice, and the team that does the worst goes home. Who do you think it will be? I like all of the kids left, but I think it will be Tommy and Amanda. I just think Chris is too smart to lose something like this, but don't know about Cara. I'm rooting for Matt and Leticia to win.

I read in USA Today that the show is cancelled. That's too bad. I've watched it since the second one. I thought it was cute, and no one really got eliminated without having a chance. And I like Ashton Kucher (BTW go see What Happens in Vegas - I thought it was hilarious!) The only thing that would have made the show better is if somehow the eliminated couples could have stayed in the house, but not competed (but of course, that probably wouldn't have worked!). I enjoyed the mix-up last season with Sam and Nicole, and would have liked to see more of that too - maybe 50/50. Oh, well, I will be sorry to see it go. There aren't too many shows I look forward to anymore! On to The Farmer Wants a Wife!

I am bummed. First my fav team for the win, Matt & Leticia were booted out first.

After watching more I remembered that Amanda has had her focus all on winning since the beginning. Call me corny, but I prefer the people who are actually there for the experience and I don't think she was. I also started to notice what others were saying about Tommy and how it looked like he would turn the geek act on and off. They showed a clip back to the first day and his "worried" expression looked completely fake. I think he could have definitely been the "ringer" of the season. the stuff with Amber was ridiculous, I hope he doesn't spend a single cent of the money on her!!

Toward the end, they were totally giving Amanda and Tommy the winners edit, so I wasn't too surprised that they won, but I am disappointed. I really was hoping Chris and Cara would take it after Matt and Leticia left.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 05-13-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread