+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

Re: Beauty and the Geek (Season: Beauty versus the Geek)

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else but I read in the Hollywood Reporter this morning that this is most likely the last season which I'm very sad about because I love this show.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2958140;
    I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else but I read in the Hollywood Reporter this morning that this is most likely the last season which I'm very sad about because I love this show.
    Darn...that is sad. This show has never had much of a following judging by how few people posted about it here, but I love it too. It's charming and sweet -- and most contestants seem to benefit from their experience. Just a couple of days ago I told my husband that if I had to cut back to one reality show a week, I'd watch this one.

I don't think I can take another week of Joe
    I feel for Tara having to deal with him. If he really has a crush on her, that is an extremely difficult situation for her to deal with. I don't blame her for not wanting to sleep next to a guy that she is not at all attracted to and whom she does not want to lead on. I don't think she was trying to be mean to him at all.

Interesting attractions going on with Tara-Tommy and Cara-Matt at the lodge! The comments from Matt about how he was gonna be all "pimp" was hilarious!!

I actually kinda started to like the blonde that was eliminated this week. I still can't remember her name (Kristi, Kristina, ?) - she did a really good job building her sled! I can't say I'm sorry to see Jason and his yellow teeth go home.

I haven't watched it yet but YAY Jason's gone! Too bad it couldn't be stinky Joe. Last season? That's sad and on other reality tv forums this is a very popular show. They do recaps and have very active discussions so I wouldn't judge its popularity off of just one place *shrugs*

I think what the show needs is a bit of a revamp. I was intrigued by the changing of the geeks and beauty when they had Sam and Nicole (although I hated Sam), I think they should run with that. Have a season where its half and half and don't let the two sides meet until they are all in the house and the couples have been chosen? 6 couples will be female geeks and male beauties and 6 couples will be male geeks and female beauties and let them duke it out to see who comes out on top.

I was a little sad to see Kristina? and Jason gone.. they really did well this week and they both seem like genuine good people. Jason must have felt terrible about his dragging feet, he looked so upset.

Loved the interaction between Matt and Cara. That seemed to come out of nowhere, but it seemed really sweet and genuine as well. Especially on Cara's part/ I really apreciated how they both loved 'em some "cuddle time" but then decided it was best to focus on their partners until after the game. So cute
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I cannot stand Joe. His voice irritates me. Mr buglover said it's like he's always role playing, never being himself. It's just beyond weird.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Bummer if this really is going to be the last season! I did like the previous seasons better than this one, though. The way they keep changing the rules makes it hard to follow.

Joe & Tara - I, too, feel really bad for her! His crush on her has GOT to be awkward, and I don't blame her at all for her pillow Great Wall, although she probably should have talked with him about it first. He is so moody and obnoxious, and I don't really see him growing out of this experience at all.

Tommy & Amanda - Tommy is really starting to bug me. With the way he keeps talking about Amber, you just want to shake him and scream at him "She was just USING you!!!" I mean, sure, he's probably the best-looking of the geeks, but I keep getting the feeling that he's really just here to hook up.

Chris & Cara - At first, I thought Cara was really annoying... but as we see more of her, she's kind of growing on me. I thought Chris was probably one of the best geeks for this competition, but with this last week's episode, he seemed really negative for no apparent reason.

Matt & Leticia - Matt is such a sweet guy! And Leticia is no doubt one of the smartest beauties. Plus, they seem to work well together. They're my top pick for the win right now.

Quote Originally Posted by antm10wordpress;2962817;
    Tommy & Amanda - Tommy is really starting to bug me. With the way he keeps talking about Amber, you just want to shake him and scream at him "She was just USING you!!!" I mean, sure, he's probably the best-looking of the geeks, but I keep getting the feeling that he's really just here to hook up.
    I totally agree with you re. Amber. She was awful and he should not delude himself that they have any possibility of a future. On the other hand, I didn't think he was just there to hook up either...

Chris & Cara - At first, I thought Cara was really annoying... but as we see more of her, she's kind of growing on me. I thought Chris was probably one of the best geeks for this competition, but with this last week's episode, he seemed really negative for no apparent reason.
    Cara and Tara have both grown on me. Initially I thought they were going to be a couple of the most annoying beauties, but they seem very sweet and it is an endearing quality! You're right about Chris, he was getting on my last nerve. It was like he suddenly turned into Mr. Competitive.

Matt & Leticia - Matt is such a sweet guy! And Leticia is no doubt one of the smartest beauties. Plus, they seem to work well together. They're my top pick for the win right now.
    I do still like them a lot. I was a little thrown by how little screen time they got in this last show. We saw the bit about Matt and Cara, but it was very brief and it seemed like we didn't see Leticia at all. I was wondering how she did in the sled building challenge because I don't remember seeing her and I initially thought she might be pretty good at it...

Does any one else notice how often Joe closes his eyes when he talks? I am always screaming at the TV: OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!! OPEN YOUR DANG EYES!!! It honestly makes me wonder if he is mentally "all there"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2963026;
    Does any one else notice how often Joe closes his eyes when he talks? I am always screaming at the TV: OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!! OPEN YOUR DANG EYES!!! It honestly makes me wonder if he is mentally "all there"
    Oh, he's all there. He's just pretentious and condescending as hell. He ranks right at the bottom of all geeks of all seasons for me.

I would love to see Cara and Matt get together. They've been my favourites since I was first able to distinguish each geek/beauty from the others. Certainly she's a little dopey, but she is very good natured - one of my all time favourite character traits. And I'm still loving the way she got the info across in the science experiment episode, so apparently she isn't quite as dopey as she comes across.

And Matt, well as I've mentioned, I would totally date him myself. If I were much, much younger.

And I'm going to be seriously bummed if this show doesn't come back. I think it may be my second favourite reality program, right after TAR.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread