+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Hunters

Re: Ghost Hunters - Season 4 (premieres 3/5/08)

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope;3043301;
    turning off all the lights is stupid
    Darkness is visually an unnecessary pain in the ass

The T.A.P.S. team really screw themselves when they turn off the lights
    Last edited by The Pope; 06-07-2008 at 01:00 PM.
    People who want to be equal's lives are filled with subtractions and auditions
    Marilyn Manson-Doppelhurz

I could not believe the restaurant people set them up like that and then allowed it to be broadcast. Don't they know what kind of message that sends about the integrity of the restaurant?? I was hacked off just seeing the guy's reaction when he was busted by Jason and Grant, who held it in admirably. I hope everyone in their vicinity either watches the show or hears about it.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope;3043295;
    OK...

If you're here to collect evidence of hauntings, why not leave THE LIGHTS ON. This way you can use your eyes to SEE the paranormal events.
    The purpose of lights out is to A. encourage parnormal activity to happen - which usually does in the dark or dead of night; B rule out all electrical interferance and light generated shadows; and C rule out all sounds from eletrical sources such as light fixtures

Yes there is a valid reason they go lights out

Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer;3045776;
    The purpose of lights out is to A. encourage parnormal activity to happen - which usually does in the dark or dead of night; B rule out all electrical interferance and light generated shadows; and C rule out all sounds from eletrical sources such as light fixtures

Yes there is a valid reason they go lights out
    True, but traditionally the darkness would be used facillitate hoaxes by turn-of-the-century charlatans. Then later used on shows like Mtv's "Fear" to increase the contestants' and viewers' sense of paranoia.

The best haunting evidence I've seen is when there has been a light source. Additionally, the random flickering of lights helps in targeting an paranormal event and likley adds a power source to prevent power being drained from the recording equipment.

They should at least experiment with lights on investigation.
    People who want to be equal's lives are filled with subtractions and auditions
    Marilyn Manson-Doppelhurz

What is up with this...? Shannon Sylvia is an investigator when they go to Europe....tonight I saw a rerun of the Penn State students doing a exorcisim of her apartment. She made no mention on the Penn State show that she is an investigator on Ghost Hunters???? Is this all just an act??? Oh, please say No!!!

Shannon was a paranormal investigator for New England Paranormal when she had a problem at her own home and needed assistance. She called the folks at Penn State and that's how she got on the show. However, her interest moved her towards trying out for the GHI investigator slot and she got in. Apparently due to her not congealing with the rest of the group (mainly Donna) she was unceremoniously dismissed.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Shannon - is that the nasally voiced woman? because whoever that is, I just want to mute my tv and read the closed caption whenever she speaks.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3039735;
    The episode last night had me very angry. The California place had rigged up all sorts of effects to fool customers into believing they were having paranormal experiences! The guy who called them to come out just laughed when they told him they found all of the tricks.

I didn't see this show. Was it in Moss Beach?

I never really believed in the afterlife, although it's fun to imagine it could be real. However, I had an experience that convinced me there is something to this after all. I was working late at an old school and heard children's voices and feet running around. I went upstairs thinking some kids had snuck in (it was summer and no school was in session). It was dinnertime so I thought it would unusual for kids to be out at that time. I asked the custodian about it since I didn't see anyone upstairs. He said he never goes in that particular building after dark for the same reason!

Then I learned another custodian had the same experience. Very weird. I get chills thinking about that laughter, even though is was playful.

While I have doubts about TV shows and their authenticity, I am a believer now.
    Last edited by roses4me; 08-22-2008 at 06:25 PM.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Ghost Hunters Lives airs this Friday, Halloween night at 7/6C for a live exclusive seven hour hunt of Fort Delaware. Will be hosted by Josh Gates & Steve Valentine with special guest Amanda Tapping.

Brace yourself this Halloween when TAPS takes you on the ultimate ghost hunt. The team returns to the Fort Delaware scene of this season's most jolting and revealing episode.

Commonly referred to as the "Black Hole," Fort Delaware was used during the Civil War as a POW camp that housed over 33,000 Confederate soldiers. Ravaged by epidemics and torture nearly 2,400 failed to escape and died on the island. The restless spirits have never left.

Join the exclusive seven-hour hunt from home with access to thermal imaging camera feeds and live Q&A with TAPS team members and host Josh Gates. Watch carefully for anything out of the ordinary — you'll be able to send instant alerts of any sightings you make straight to the Ghost Hunters!

Official Site Link:

About | Ghost Hunters Live | Ghost Hunters | SCIFI.COM
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The Mizz is one of their special guests!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast