+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious

Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious

I didn't see a thread for this.

Did anyone watch it?

They showed a few quick snapshots of the Pussycat Dolls, but I wasn't focusing enough to see who was in the picture.

They did not mention Asia at all.

I got a definite "Melissa S." vibe from Natalie...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious

I hate to admit it, but I watched it--not only did I watch it but I recorded it so I wouldn't miss it. Shameworthy, I know...but I grew to love the other PCD show, so I was ready for this one. It looks like the girls studied up on the last one and had an idea of what to expect. I still don't get what the point of Mark McGrath's existence on this show other than to leer at the girls and I want to know who Nelly Furtado owed to make an appearance, but overall it looks like it's going to be good, cheesy fun for a Monday night.

FORT Fogey

i was quiet distube at how trashy some of the girls wanted to look and there are so young!!!

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2801134;
    I hate to admit it, but I watched it--not only did I watch it but I recorded it so I wouldn't miss it. Shameworthy, I know...but I grew to love the other PCD show, so I was ready for this one. It looks like the girls studied up on the last one and had an idea of what to expect. I still don't get what the point of Mark McGrath's existence on this show other than to leer at the girls and I want to know who Nelly Furtado owed to make an appearance, but overall it looks like it's going to be good, cheesy fun for a Monday night.
    I agree about Mark McGrath's role on the show. Even last season he only psuedo hosted when the girls performed for the judges.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

CCL

Where Nelly Furtado is, can Timbaland be far behind? The man loves to make a guest appearance.

Interesting how they didn't mention Asia or last years PCD show at all. Hmmm.

None of the girls particularly interested me. Maybe Jenah. Seems like there was a better crew on the original PCD show. There were some funny lines though, like Natalie's assertion that "Noone called me up to say 'Natalie, pack some boots for Charlotte.' " And one girl's saying that she was worried that Jenah wouldn't pick up the steps because she was in a wheelchair (doesn't sound funny in print but just the way she said it).

And I love Mikey.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular

the girls last year were better.

^I agree, the girls were so much more better last year and they seemed to have something more intriguing. The only girl that grabs my attention as of now is the red head, sorry I don't know their names.

In my opinion, these girls have some shoes to fill, because I really liked the talent from last year.
    omg, stunning~*~.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There was enough applied hair on this show to start their own hair store!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2801422;
    Interesting how they didn't mention Asia or last years PCD show at all. Hmmm.
    Probably because she isn't with them.

TCA: 'Dolls' News from CW Executive Session

TCA: 'Dolls' News from CW Executive Session
    A.J. Frutkin and Marc Berman

JULY 23, 2007 -

The CW's Executive Session:

Perhaps the biggest news coming out of the CW's executive session today at the annual TCA convention held in Los Angeles, was that Asia Nitillano, winner of last season's reality show Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll, has decided to go solo, and not join the group.

Gasps and chuckles were heard throughout the audience of critics, with several reporters following up on the revelation, by asking CW entertainment president Dawn Ostroff whether the false stakes on shows like Pussycat Dolls--as well as other series on competing networks--damage the credibility of reality programming in general.

"I think our responsibility, first and foremost, is to put entertaining television on the air," Ostroff told reporters. "Every show that you look at, you know, some of the American Idol winners go onto great fame, sometimes the winners aren't the ones that have the great fame, it's the runners-up that have the fame. There's no guarantee for how any of this will turn out. What the participants get is exposure. What the participants get is to genuinely go into an experience, and the experience is very pure. At the end of the day, you can't make anybody do anything, but you've given them an opportunity."

Ostroff said the second cycle of Pussycat Dolls will entail a search for an entirely new girl group, dubbed Girlicious. The show is set for a midseason launch.

from her website:
    The CW Network's program Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll was intended to be a career-making opportunity for the relative unknown who made the final cut. So when the winner, Asia Nitollano, opted to skip joining the Pussycat Dolls in favor of going solo, it seemed to some like an almost foolishly bold move.

After all, even current Pussycat Dolls lead Doll Nicole Scherzinger, who had also won the Popstars reality competition, had to cycle through two groups before embarking on her own solo career. Some skeptics wondered if Asia might be suffering from a career-hampering case of hubris. They also wondered if we would ever hear from her again.

She might be able to prove some doubters wrong as she is about to work with none other than Sean "Diddy" Combs on his major new venture. However, she won't be " Making the Band" with him, either. In fact, this new collaboration won't even be musical.

Diddy has tapped the Pussycat Dolls Present winner to be the face of his new Sean John Women's collection. The line is expected to launch in his flagship Manhattan store soon, and then to be released to other retailers like Dillard's, Macy's and Dr. Jay's.

Diddy describes this juniors collection as "glamorous and sexy, with the style and swagger customers have come to expect from [the Sean John] label."

And it's Asia's own style and swagger that Diddy believes make Asia a natural choice to represent the new line. She is joining Bad Boy recording artist Cassie and actress Lauren London in the campaign, which was photographed by Warwick Saint.

Diddy said regarding the choice of Asia and the other two, "I wanted the campaign to be like Diddy's angels. I think that Asia, Lauren and Cassie represent the Sean John girl in a perfect way.**"

Whether the Pussycat Dolls Present winner can turn this opportunity to her singing career's advantage remains to be seen. However, a partnership with Diddy isn't a bad place to start.
    Last edited by sunshine3331; 02-20-2008 at 09:53 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Most interesting. Could be a great move for Asia, could be a crap move. I could see the modeling move seguing into a singing career; Asia does have a very good voice, and there is at least one other singer in this group. Who knows what hidden talents this Lauren London person may have. Did another girl lose out on an opportunity because Asia went in another direction, or was she replaced by the next best choice? I hope, at least, somebody else got "called up".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast