+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious

Re: Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious

Quote Originally Posted by Astridr;2856993;
    On a side note, last year Mariela won immunity in a dance challenge and saved herself. None of the girls took notes this season to bring half the grace and class she did in her dancing... pity Cassandra was off she might have won this one.
    I was thinking the same thing watching all of them writhe on the floor and whatnot. Who are we kidding anyway? Last year they were searching for the next backup dancer to Nicole Scherzinger. Mariela would've done just fine.

Well there's no surprise that Jenah left after last week's episode with her...which is sad for me, i really liked Jenah.

The whole outburst between kenny and Natalie was confusing for me...I didn't see anything wrong with what Natalie did, maybe I missed something but all she was trying was to ask a question and he just harped at her. If anyone was acting Diva, it was Kenny...it was really weird watching it, I didn't really understand what was going on and I thought Kenny was out of line for being a mentor to these girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2866419;
    Well there's no surprise that Jenah left after last week's episode with her...which is sad for me, i really liked Jenah.

The whole outburst between kenny and Natalie was confusing for me...I didn't see anything wrong with what Natalie did, maybe I missed something but all she was trying was to ask a question and he just harped at her. If anyone was acting Diva, it was Kenny...it was really weird watching it, I didn't really understand what was going on and I thought Kenny was out of line for being a mentor to these girls.
    I kind of liked Jenna in the beginning -- until she started aligning herself with Natalie and Chrystina..... I guess my dislike of Natalie then rubbed off a little onto Jenna.

I wasn't paying 100% attention as I was watching last night, but it seemed to me that Natalie and one other girl ("Girl #2") were complaining that they had counted the lines in their song and they had less than Nichole and the fourth girl. So, Natalie decided that she wanted to "take" a certain line of the song and have it be hers... Now, we didn't see whether Kenny had agreed or not that Natalie and Girl #2 could go through the song and take whatever lines they felt like having. Natalie started complaining that the other girls were singing over the line that she had just declared she wanted... (in other words, they were all singing the line they had been told they should all sing). I didn't think she was completely out of line to try to talk to Kenny about it, but she clearly wasn't reading his signals and then storming out the way she did seemed like a bit of an overreaction and not a good move.

However, that was just my take on it... influenced, no doubt, by the fact that -- as I stated above -- I dislike Natalie.

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq;2866776;
    I wasn't paying 100% attention as I was watching last night, but it seemed to me that Natalie and one other girl ("Girl #2") were complaining that they had counted the lines in their song and they had less than Nichole and the fourth girl. So, Natalie decided that she wanted to "take" a certain line of the song and have it be hers... Now, we didn't see whether Kenny had agreed or not that Natalie and Girl #2 could go through the song and take whatever lines they felt like having. Natalie started complaining that the other girls were singing over the line that she had just declared she wanted... (in other words, they were all singing the line they had been told they should all sing). I didn't think she was completely out of line to try to talk to Kenny about it, but she clearly wasn't reading his signals and then storming out the way she did seemed like a bit of an overreaction and not a good move.
    That makes sense, believe me, I don't like Natalie either, but the whole situation was odd to me, Natalie didn't really go on a temper tantrum and I thought she handled it well, instead of arguing back, she decided to leave and let things cool down. I still say that Kenny's reaction was unwarranted, but I do see how that could've caused a problem is Natalie didn't want to fall in line in the singing parts.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Kenny seems to be a bit of a diva. The problem is he is dang talented and therefore earned his diva status.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Jenna's lazy dancing reflected her eating habits
    I didn't like this weeks performances. There was no flow in their performance. They performed like individuals instead of a group. I think the stress of the competition is effecting their performances.

Robin's facial expressions are priceless!
    When she is happy When she is pissed
    Either way her emotions are earnest.
    Last edited by umass; 03-25-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Kenny seems to be a bit of a diva. The problem is he is dang talented and therefore earned his diva status.
    That is true, he does earn some diva status, but for someone who claims to be professional, he surely did not have to act that way. If youre gonna be a mentor to young girls who probably don't know better, it would be good to be less critical in that sense. But this is a reality show so, whatever...i thought it was priceless when Kenny made that comment to Natalie on how she could treat him like that when she havent even made 5 dollars lol

Robin's facial expressions are priceless!
    When she is happy When she is pissed
    Robin has facial expressions? She looks botoxed up to me, i cant tell lol

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq;2866776;
    I kind of liked Jenna in the beginning -- until she started aligning herself with Natalie and Chrystina..... I guess my dislike of Natalie then rubbed off a little onto Jenna.
    Me too- Jenna had a very feminine, glamorous look to her that I liked, until she became Natalie and Chrystina's little sidekick.

I just finished watching tonight's episode, and Nichole is kinda growing on me. My guess is that her, Carrie and Charlye will be in Girlicious. I think it's safe to say that neither Natalie nor Chrystina will be in Girlicious- although last year's editing had Melissa R. for a clear winner, but if Robin has learned anything from last season, it's that the actual winner of a reality show should be generally likeable.

Natalie- Call her outspoken, call her confident, whatever- she's just very cocky and rude and it's getting annoying. And that little diva tantrum that she pulled? She could not have dug herself a deeper hole. I see Robin pulling the "keep her around for drama and because she's a good dancer, then tell her her vocals aren't good enough" on her. I can't believe I sat through her "beauty is a talent" speech. I don't know about you guys, but if someone's personality repulses me on the spot, I don't see the beauty anymore.

Tiffanie- I don't even like her that much, I just enjoy watching her go against Natalie and Chrystina, it's hilarious.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mc_aka_alisa;2868914;
    although last year's editing had Melissa R. for a clear winner, but if Robin has learned anything from last season, it's that the actual winner of a reality show should be generally likeable.

Tiffanie- I don't even like her that much, I just enjoy watching her go against Natalie and Chrystina, it's hilarious.
    Oh woe, don't remind me. Melissa R was such a great contestant. I wonder what shes doing now, I hope she didnt just stop and go back to med school. I have nothing against academics but few girls at Melissa R's age have that level of maturity yet remain so likable and sweet AND have the talent to go with it. It would be a waste if she didnt walk the artiste path. How could she not have a contract yet?

Back to this year's show.. sighs obviously till now I cant really find a fave.

Natalie was right to say Jamie was her biggest competition cos Jamie to me had the best look.
    Tiffanie is pretty ugly IMHO. Sorry this sounds mean but she is just very average at best. They were right to say shes the Jennifer Hudson of the group, only she doesnt have that JH vocals. I wonder how she won the vocal challenge, Carrie was only given 1-2 seconds screen time and I smell a rat. I think it was deliberately edited that way so audiences cant tell that they skewered it to give Tiffanie immunity for whatever reason.

Whats with casting brats on the show really? Asia was not likable and that was just her, the rest of her cast were all not bad except her and Melissa S. The nice girls on her season didnt finish first. This year we got a worse hand when the nice girls were hardly cast and instead we have a bunch of brats without last year's talent to go along.
    Natalie and Cristina are beautiful girls actually, I can see them in a group but their edit makes it hard for me to believe they won. Even if they did, thats one album im not keen on buying, it doesnt entertainment or make my time worth it, I dont get enjoyment watching self-entitled girls perform. Something Robin should have thought about when she came up with the diva concept. PCD are diva but nice, most of them have class.

(But notice how Nicole did not answer Natalie's question? lol Robin seems scared of Nicole I wonder what she has on her. Its almost like Nicole was thinking "What do you mean insecurities? I dont have any") Natalie seemed to have made Nicole uncomfortable and for the first time all season, I appreciate her smarty-pants attitude. Im very much on the fence with Natalie, a part of me feels like she does have what it takes another part of me just doesnt like her. Cristina just didnt do well this week.

Carrie is by far my fave, but I like Nicole as well (irony I usually prefer brunettes) and I think they wont take 2 blonds.

Charlyn I felt for the girl this week.

Jenna did really well with her singing I was surprised but not sorry to see her go. *shrug* This season is interesting because it doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

CCL

I think Carrie is going to go soon. She is more suited to front a rock band. I think they're going to go for a multi-ethnic look so I'm picking Nichole, Natalie and Tiffanie as the winners.
    I did think Natalie was bratty at the singing session. It wasn't up to her to divide the lines and she shouldn't have gone to Kenn demanding a line. But he threw a hissy fit in turn so they both ended up being wrong.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread