+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 127 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Fogey

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Patti says that it's very difficult for a tiger to change their spots. I think once men have a certain type, they may never give it up, no matter how old they get. Look at Hugh Heffner. LOL
    I agree, but I don't think Hef was ever smitten with a woman even close to his (old) age. That guy Michael was falling all over himself and drooling over his date (can't recall her name ... Ralana or something like that?), saying how gorgeous she was, etc., and literally bowing to Patti for finding him "the one." Then they went out only once more? He sure fell out of "love" fast. Or maybe it was SHE who decided she didn't really like him.

Can't wait to see Patti's mixer and date next week. Let's see if she follows all her own advice.

How bad is it that I didn't realize a new season had even started until a few days ago?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Patti says that it's very difficult for a tiger to change their spots. I think once men have a certain type, they may never give it up, no matter how old they get. Look at Hugh Heffner. LOL
    Did Patti really say that??? How many tigers have we seen with spots???
    That old Chippendale manager was a real piece of work. His ego was huge! And I wasn't very impressed with his singing either. I doubt he'll ever marry anyone but some dumb beautiful, implanted young bimbo. That's really what he wants and I doubt he'll ever change. Actually, I doubt he'll ever marry.
    I hope he and his beloved dog will have many happy years together because I just don't see any intelligent human woman wanting to be his wife. Best if he just sticks with the dog.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 11-19-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Did Patti really say that??? [U]How many tigers have we seen with spots[/U]???That old Chippendale manager was a real piece of work. His ego was huge! And I wasn't very impressed with his singing either. I doubt he'll ever marry anyone but some dumb beautiful, implanted young bimbo. That's really what he wants and I doubt he'll ever change. Actually, I doubt he'll ever marry.
    I hope he and his beloved dog will have many happy years together because I just don't see any intelligent human woman wanting to be his wife. Best if he just sticks with the dog.
    Good One!!!!

Don't think I've seen this episode yet.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm soooooooo anxious to see the next episode with Patti being set up with dates.
    I know that she'll reject every single one (after they get enough on film to make the show) in time.
    Not sure what Patti's problem is with finding love by 50 years old.
    When I was much younger, I used to think never married women, who professed that they wanted to be married, were just unlucky and the "right one" never came along.
    Now that I"m older and wiser (?) I know that it's not that but either they have bad "pickers" or themselves are too picky and find faults unable to accept. Many reasons why but don't believe in just "bad luck" anymore.
    Shoepie and Lizard like this.

FORT Fogey

As someone who is older than Patti (and divorced for many years) and who really would like to meet someone compatible with whom to spend my golden years, I can tell you there just ain't that many good ones out there! She might have more to choose from in LA than I do in my little part of the world, though. I agree it's not a matter of bad luck, but after you weed out the ones who are broke and looking for someone to supplement their social security, the drunks, the psychologically unstable, the frighteningly unintelligent, the overly domineering, the ones who want a cook/laundress/nurse/housekeeper, etc. ... well, that sometimes doesn't leave much after you get to a certain age.

Not to mention there are a ridiculous number of older men who are like that guy Michael from last week. They want a woman who is half their age.
    captain, Shoepie and norealityhere like this.

FORT Fogey

What a great show! I loved seeing the softer side of Patti. I really like this woman. Since this show wrapped months ago I would think something would be in the press soon if this match worked.
    chickencounter likes this.

FORT Fogey

I really don't like Patti. She's incredibly rude and foul-mouthed, which is often unnecessary.
    As far as her claiming to be different on a date, quiet and demure, I suppose that's true....at first but she is who she is and that part of her will eventually come out.
    I was puzzled when she said that she just had the gift of matchmaking because her mother and grandmother had it and I assumed it was something that was "in the genes" which I could definitely believe. But then she says she's adopted.
    I think people can have certain "abilities" that they genetically inheirit. I sometimes have a sort of 6th sense and so did my mother. I now see it developing in my daughter. Maybe she just means it something that can be learned from observing others. I really don't know.

I missed it. Patti seems to bossy for most. And she was way too rude to some of the women. That Botox thing was totally uncalled for. That being said, I do like her and have learned a few things.

Older people are not married because they are too dreamy and too picky. Do not feel bad for them.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread