+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 127 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Fogey

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4147365;
    Oh, whine whine whine. Nobody made the divorce lawyer "appear sexist." He opened his mouth and words came out. Unless he's a ventriloquist's dummy, he is responsible for what comes out of his mouth. And nobody held down the other guy and poured liquor into him.

BTW, Patti was on Regis & Kelly today, and she looked great! She was promoting her new DVD on how to be married within a year. If she's making the talk show circuit, I hope someone will ask her if she plans to follow her own advice.
    Patti's mother with the same profession has been married thrice. On the other hand they say matchmakers tend not to find love. Like if you meet a guy and you introduce your friend to his friend/brother, chances are their relationship will make it and yours, likely not. Patti is a classic matchmaker. For her to get her match, she has to drop her job from start of the relationship till she marries. After marriage ok.

From what I've seen of Patti on this show, I can't imagine her ever being in either a long term or committed relationship. It's too much about her and not about compromise.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Marriage is NOT for everybody, that's for sure.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Just watched the season finale. Apparently Destin is Patti's business partner, not just an employee. I didn't realize that.

Also didn't realize their NY office was basically a big empty room with a few desks in it. Couldn't Bravo have done a little better than that?

Stacy's problem is much greater than a mid-life crisis or not being serious about finding love. (I found the lie detector test a bit ridiculous and pointless.) Her psychological issues appear to be much deeper than that. Any man with an ounce of sense would sense that quickly during the first date, just like Eben did. Don't recall if Patti suggested professional counseling for her, but that would certainly have been a better response than losing control and screaming at her, because it just reinforces her (Stacy's) feelings of superiority.

FORT Newbie

I agree with that, Patti should have suggested real professional counseling but Patti's problem is that she's a control freak. She thinks she has all the answers and that if the people she has to help her clients can't get it done that its just a hopeless client.

I also agree that its hard to ever believe Patti was in a long term relationship. Norealityhere hit the nail on the head, she's a control freak and also and doesn't know what compromise is...BUT i will say there is always someone for everyone!! Some guys are good dealing with control freaks and for Stacy she's just a narcissist and there are guys who'll live with that delusional reality too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4149695;
    Just watched the season finale. Apparently Destin is Patti's business partner, not just an employee. I didn't realize that.
    From what I've seen Destin is COO of the company and has been a "partner" in other of Patti's endeavors, like her new DVD about Getting Married in One Year (not sure that's the exact title) that's soon to be released. His girlfriend in now "VP of Matching." I don't think he's an "invested" partner but I imagine it's possible that Patti could give him some shares in the company while he works with her.

I used to like Destin but not anymore. He's far too critical of prospective dates and their appearance, and judging from his appearance, you'd think he would be more tolerant of different types. I also don't like men who live with a woman, have a baby and won't marry them. I know Rachel wants to be married because she said so. But to be fair, Rachel shouldn't be doing what she's doing if she wants to be married so I'm not just blaming Destin.

Patti....Stacy...and Shauna...mmmmmmmmmmm 3 peas in a pod if you ask me..I can't decide which one is worse
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Newbie

Millionaire matchmaker

Patti Stanger is the star and executive producer of Bravo’s hit docu-series "The Millionaire Matchmaker." Going into its fourth season, the show has gained record-breaking viewership and captured a worldwide following for Stanger. Known for navigating her business dealings with intense passion, she may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for those that do turn to her for help in the love department, she gives them nothing less than her heart and soul in a sincere quest to find them their perfect match. Her bluntness continues to garner her infamy, but no one can deny that Stanger has one of the biggest hearts in the matchmaking field and is often sought out for advice by other matchmaking professionals.

Re: Millionaire matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica909;4189746;
    Patti Stanger is the star and executive producer of Bravo’s hit docu-series "The Millionaire Matchmaker." Going into its fourth season, the show has gained record-breaking viewership and captured a worldwide following for Stanger. Known for navigating her business dealings with intense passion, she may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for those that do turn to her for help in the love department, she gives them nothing less than her heart and soul in a sincere quest to find them their perfect match. Her bluntness continues to garner her infamy, but no one can deny that Stanger has one of the biggest hearts in the matchmaking field and is often sought out for advice by other matchmaking professionals
    I don't know about having "one of the biggest hearts" but Patti does know what she's talking about. If you only take her advice on what to do, when to do it, etc., she's right on the mark. The problem is you get the rest of Patti, the foul mouthed screaming banshee along with great advice.

FORT Fogey

Re: Millionaire matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica909;4189746;
    Patti Stanger is the star and executive producer of Bravo’s hit docu-series "The Millionaire Matchmaker." Going into its fourth season, the show has gained record-breaking viewership and captured a worldwide following for Stanger. Known for navigating her business dealings with intense passion, she may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for those that do turn to her for help in the love department, she gives them nothing less than her heart and soul in a sincere quest to find them their perfect match. Her bluntness continues to garner her infamy, but no one can deny that Stanger has one of the biggest hearts in the matchmaking field and is often sought out for advice by other matchmaking professionals.
    Is this a quote from the Bravo website or a magazine, promo, etc.? Sounds like it was quoted from somewhere, with no attribution given.

+ Reply to Thread