+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 127 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

I won't rant on Patti anymore, its all been said, one thing I will say is that if the clients they show are real, I can see why they need help, most are extremely arrogant, or have absolutely no people skills, do not know how to act or talk to others on a date, and generally act extremely awkward in their dealings with others, so I can see how they would need a LOT of help in trying to meet people. But some of the personalities are so horrible, I would think it would be tall orders. Unless you can find true gold diggers that are willing to look past all that for the $$$ which no doubt they do exist. But then its not really love, cept love of $$$. But if you are a total loser with a horrible personality, do you really deserve someone loving and caring anyway?????

Good grief. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap Miss Hello Kitty. She's an embarrassment fo the gender. Get some self-respect, girl. She wants a boy toy not a husband. If she wanted a husband she would have picked the cop guy, he was a sweetie and a keeper.

I loved John/Dana, so I hope they truly make it. There seemed to be an honest connection there. I quite liked him and found him very down-to-earth. He was asking the gals all the right questions at the mixer.

Next week the dreaded Stacy returns.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wonder why Patti didn't send "Miss Hello Kitty" for a makeover. She sends the guys for clothing overhauls; MHK needed serious work from the neck UP. She was in desperate need for hair and makeup...and gums! And that giggle.....what can I say? And I do know somebody like her. She, too, is heavyset, and has this thing about purple, and is more than willing to spend her money. The guy thet MHK was determined to land did everything in his power to show his obnoxious side, and what a loser he planned to be with her. Despite his love for her money (which was only 1M and a little change), I didn't think he'd be able to hang in there with her for long....and he did not disappoint. I was also amazed at how well she just accepted his insults, and he was pretty honest with her about who he really was....she just wasn't open to hearing it. I was glad when Patti talked to her in very basic, honest terms at the end of the show. Somebody really need to. This woman (MHK) made a total fool of herself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4139139;
    The chubby blonde millionaire last night HAD to be acting this role! Could there really be someone like that out there? nah
    Yes, there are and we just met one of them!
    I honestly believe she is that dim that she thinks she can buy love, keep her pink house, have a dog named Paris Hilton, wear clown-like makeup and think all that will land her a good looking guy. She even told him she wanted to have sex with him on that dinner cruise!! Holy moly!!

I was really glad to watch the other couple. They seemed very mature and had the beginings of what could be a good match. I hope so. I liked both of them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4140144;
    Yes, there are and we just met one of them!
    I honestly believe she is that dim that she thinks she can buy love, keep her pink house, have a dog named Paris Hilton, wear clown-like makeup and think all that will land her a good looking guy. She even told him she wanted to have sex with him on that dinner cruise!! Holy moly!!

I was really glad to watch the other couple. They seemed very mature and had the beginings of what could be a good match. I hope so. I liked both of them.
    Okay. This scares me.

I was so happy to finally see a real match this week! John and Dana seemed like a great couple and I hope we get an update on them and their wedding next season.

Holy cow! Or Holy Hello Kitty!

Just watched the trainwreck. I simply can't believe that woman has a successful PR firm. PR is about the spin and the words. She sounded like a twit! Why would a company pay her to represent them? I don't know about writing skills, but would you really want her on a verbal press interview speaking for your company? She can't even represent herself. I'm flabbergasted. With the bad makeup and the interest in "hot" guys, I can't believe she's for real. Also: with the housing market and cost of living in NYC, a net worth of $1.7M wouldn't really provide an over-the-top luxurious lifestyle.

That said, yes, it was so nice to see John and Dana get together. They both came across as super-nice, sincere people who were great together. They could definitely be the poster couple for Patty's matchmaking skills.

All in all, it was one of the best episodes ever since we got to see both a trainwreck and a real couple find love... awwww.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4140437;
    I was so happy to finally see a real match this week! John and Dana seemed like a great couple and I hope we get an update on them and their wedding next season.
    Me too! I would love it if next season they respond to feedback and have genuine matches. The Bachelor ratings show that the viewers want to see real love possibilities. Come on production! Tweak this show to give us the reeal deal; we get enough drama with the reality dregs. Don't continue to go there!

There is a cord in me that believes Patti is capable of good matches if she were allowed to do it. Bravo is going with the drama.

This is a good opportunity for a genuine matchmaker to make her appearance and create the show we really want to watch.
    Last edited by shoepie; 01-06-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4140824;
    There is a cord in me that believes Patti is capable of good matches if she were allowed to do it. Bravo is going with the drama.This is a good opportunity for a genuine matchmaker to make her appearance and create the show we really want to watch.
    I think you are absolutely correct about Patti. If you listen when she talks (not screams), you can tell she has a good sense about what and who people are. Her rules about her group are right on, with 2 drink minimum, no sex until monogamous, letting the guy plan the date, etc. And she seems to know why these people haven't been able to find someone special.

I would love to see a matchmaking show where the odds were more realistic, the people were not so crass and shock value was unimportant.
    I love a "Happily Ever After." I really do know that The Bachelor is not a love story in-the-making (thanks to Hollywood) but that never stops me from hoping.

FORT Fogey

Just watched this week's show and have never seen anyone make a bigger fool of herself than Robin, better known as Miss Hello Kitty. It was clear she figured she'd never have another chance for a hot guy, so she picked the plumber in spite of the much better connection she had with the ex-cop. She claims to love her dogs so much, but she rejected the guy who also loves dogs in favor of Mr. Muscles who said he likes small dogs because he can throw them farther. As a dog (and cat) lover myself, I would have accidentally spilled my drink in his lap at that point and walked away.

Then she proceeded to make an even bigger fool of herself on the date. The woman has no self-respect. All he did was try to get her off of him, while simultaneously asking her to buy him things. I'd like to think that after the couple of dates they had, she wised up and dumped him, but it was probably the guy who decided that she didn't have enough money to keep him in the manner to which he would like to become accustomed, and what she did have wasn't worth him dating someone he found unattractive. I hope they both watched themselves on TV, and that he realized he's scum, and she realized she's a nitwit.

+ Reply to Thread