+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 127 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Newbie

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

OMG - The cookie dr's son looks just like a dark-haired Dr. Drew Pinsky!! I think the clothes Patty had him put on looked like he was wearing "Members Only". What was wrong with what he was wearing? There his personality. I guess Patty goes for the deceit factor. Change yourself, so when you get in a real relationship,and the real you pops out, everyonewill be shocked!! I thought his glass frames were unique. Anything different seems to infuriate her. How does she EVER work with the 2 "unique" individuals she has in her employment??

I think Patty HATES all her clients. While watching their screening tapes, she rolls her eyes, says derogatory remarks, everything she says is negative. I have yet to hear her work with love instead of hate. She tells her women clients to hide their ta-ta's, while hers are hanging out all over the place. I didn't think there was anything wrong with Matt - maybe a little stand-offish, but he didn't do anything that deserved her vile hateful tirade at him.

The client goes to tell Patty what they are looking for in a partner, and she says "No, you are wrong. This is what you want". WWHHAAATT??? Patty, try to find the client what they are looking for. Maybe you will have a little more success. I don't think they pay you so you can degrade and abuse them. DAMN...........she just makes for SO MAD!!

I don't understand how she can say she has an "extremely high success rate". I have yet to see ANY matches that worked out past a first date.

She sounds like such an angry, bitter, woman. Who would go to her to find love??

FORT Fogey

Matt had such a condescending attitude, and all that quoting from literary works was totally pretentious. The clothing makeover was to help make him more attractive to the age group he was targeting. How rude was it to tell Rhett that he found Jimmy much more attractive?! And also telling him he knows more about life, and that Rhett is sophmoric ... so insulting. He could say in a much nicer way that he didn't think they had enough in common in terms of sense of humor, etc., without being so patronizing. What was so great about Matt? Nothing that I could see. He inherited a successful multi-million-dollar business from his father ... he had nothing to act superior about.

Patti gave the Russian woman (Elena?) EXACTLY what she said she wanted ... looks were her main priority, not job or career. Then when she chose that kind of guy from all the men she met, she realized that wasn't what she really wanted. Strange that her first priority in a man wasn't a good role model for her son. She needed that date to figure it out (not that Geronimo wasn't a nice guy).

Matt was a pretentious ass. The only hot younger man that will put up with his crap is one after him for his wallet. Would love to see how successful he'd be without his parent's business.

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2;4133898;
    Matt was a pretentious ass. The only hot younger man that will put up with his crap is one after him for his wallet. Would love to see how successful he'd be without his parent's business.

I found him to be a royal jackarse. The only reason a young man would put up with him is the $$$$$$. Rhett was not on his best behavior either, the immature jokes about testicles during the chef's instruction were embarrassing at best, but Matt reacted very badly and treated him very badly. He's doomed to a life of one night stands with his attitude.

The Russian, Elena?, she was very typical. She wanted the "pretty boy", but then realized that this was not what was best for her or her son. I think she at least "got it" and can move forward dating someone more suitable.

I liked Geronimo, though, but he was not looking to settle down and be a step daddy, let's face it. Pretty Boys are nice to look at and maybe date, but they get so much attention from women that they don't have to try very hard in a relationship.

I just watched the episode. The cookie guy was totally pretentious, but I still don't think Patti was warranted in going on that tirade to him.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Yes, the cookie dr's son (he is not even the cookie dr!) was so nasty and condescending. I bet the cookie dr was mortified when he watched his son in action. Rhett seemed like a super-nice guy and I would chalk up his inappropriate comment to nervousness.

Do you guys think the water-in-the-face and Patty's tirade were staged for drama? I'm thinking so!

Quote Originally Posted by jeaninelaurie;4133888;
    I think Patty HATES all her clients. While watching their screening tapes, she rolls her eyes, says derogatory remarks, everything she says is negative. I have yet to hear her work with love instead of hate.

I don't understand how she can say she has an "extremely high success rate". I have yet to see ANY matches that worked out past a first date.[/B]She sounds like such an angry, bitter, woman. Who would go to her to find love?
    You would think Patti hates her job from the way she acts towards her clients and the potential dates.
    I'm thinking that there is a very good reason these people come to Patti to find a mate, since they're single at an advanced age. Most of these people have major personality defects which makes finding a good match darn near impossible. On paper, most of her clients seem to be ok, but their "quirks" take over and you're left with undesirables.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4134459;
    I just watched the episode. The cookie guy was totally pretentious, but I still don't think Patti was warranted in going on that tirade to him.
    Um he called her homophobic. That warrants the tongue lashing he got.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;4134475;
    Um he called her homophobic. That warrants the tongue lashing he got.
    He was also a giant PITA all the way through the process. Wouldn't listen to her about anything ... age, clothes, attitude. Regarding the comment that Patti seems to hate her job, I don't agree. I think she really cares, but some of these so-called millionaires are very difficult people who are their own worst enemy when it comes to forming relationships. As she says in the intro, she often has to give "tough love." A number of times she was much nicer to clients who didn't take her advice and then regretted it (or didn't) than I would have been. I wouldn't go off on tirades, but I would be tempted to give a firm "I told you so. You should have listened to me." I have no way of knowing, but I tend to believe that real clients who are paying big money for her services would be more inclined to follow her advice. These people on the show are getting the service for free, so many of them just don't have the motivation to do what she says. You would think that looking like a jerk or an idiot on national TV would be some motivation, but apparently it's not.

Remember that these millionaires aren't coming to Pattie or even paying her a penny for her services. They are recruited for the show and given a complimentary membership. They run this disclaimer in the credits at the end:

"Membership services were given gratis to the millionaire daters."

I would also be surprised if there wasn't some sort of payment involved for being on TV. So they have to be a "fame whore" to some degree to even go on the show. That alone discredits any "sincerity" that they may display (IMO anyway).

So she doesn't really owe them anything. She can treat em as badly as she thinks it takes to make good TV!

+ Reply to Thread