+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 127 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Anybody watch last night?
    It seemed even more staged than usual.
    And, did Judith Regan really have no idea that Bruce Vilanch is gay?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I am not saying you have to be runway model anorexic skinny to be attractive, quite the opposite, and I am not even saying patti is that over weight, she is a little. But if she were some sweet loving, giving, funny, type of person that would make up for her out of shapeness. I was merely listing all of her negative attributes which are extensive, and I'm not really finding any redeeming qualities about her whatsoever. Looks are not everything, and if she were drop dead gorgeous, some men look the other way if the looks are there. And on top of everything else, she is that stereotypical slave driver / troll / tyrant type of boss, threatening to fire everyone etc. Full figured gals are fine if they have other redeeming qualities, I'm just pointing out Patti has none.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

I would assume that she runs the matchmaking service more professionally than what we see on television. Her shtick is the aggressive behavior and the tantrums. That she's some sort of magic person who doesn't have to play by the same social rules. Presumably that's what people tune in to see.

I'm not sure the show is compatible with a real matchmaking service, though. It seems obvious they cast singles - that they're following the "unscripted reality" script at this point. Patti points out a flaw, gives the single an instruction, the single ignores the instruction, dating disaster results, single either learns the lesson and experiences success or doesn't and gets cursed out by Patti.

She does keep pushing that envelope. And I'm wondering if Judith Regan is so desperate for publicity that she doesn't mind Patti pointing to her genitals and saying she's going to make her "juicy goosey down there." The last two seasons have seemed far more cast and semi-scripted than the first two.

As for women and weight. I'm afraid it's just the reality of dating. Most men are fine with a little extra. It's just when a little turns into 40-50 pounds that attraction becomes difficult. It's the same with men and height. Unfortunately for men, they can't add a couple of inches of height with exercise and a good diet.

Patti is reasonably attractive for a woman nearing 50. She does well accenting her positive features and drawing attention away from a rather homely face. But I can't imagine what type of man could date her.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

I do think that Judith Regan was desperate in going on the show last night.
    It's been quite a while since she got fired from the publishing world. I'm sure she ascribes to the philosophy that any publicity is good....

Judith Regan News - The New York Times

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog;4127328;
    As for women and weight. I'm afraid it's just the reality of dating. Most men are fine with a little extra. It's just when a little turns into 40-50 pounds that attraction becomes difficult. It's the same with men and height. Unfortunately for men, they can't add a couple of inches of height with exercise and a good diet.

Patti is reasonably attractive for a woman nearing 50. She does well accenting her positive features and drawing attention away from a rather homely face. But I can't imagine what type of man could date her.
    Or a couple of inches somewhere else, either. I wonder if the men criticizing her weight ever think about that and if they're ideal in that department. I'm not a big Patti advocate for her personality and attitude, but I don't think she deserves to be considered overweight, or for that to be a flaw no matter what the rest of the package. I'm told TV makes people about 10 pounds heavier ... and even if that's not true, I don't think anyone should be judged and found lacking for not being slim ... obesity might indicate a psychological problem, but certainly not a few extra pounds.

I find Patty pretty repulsive on all levels.
    I certainly don't find her obese, but I do think she'd appear a lot more attractive all around if she had a better personality.

I just started watching this show and just finished the first season. What I would really like to know is how many of these millionaires, especially the ones that were involved in real estate around 2007-2008, are still millionaires. The last episode of Season 1 even featured an Azerbaijani-American developer with projects in Las Vegas around the time that John Paulson was bidding on the collapse of the real estate market. Since then John Paulson certainly made Wall Street history and some serious billions. On the other hand, I've seen many California millionaires declare bankruptcy due to the economic crisis, and we all know what happened with Vegas. Is there any update on the internet on the people featured on Millionaire Matchmaker and where they are now?

FORT Fogey

I'd like to see updates on the VERY few matches she made on the show that survived the first date.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think there's an elephant in the room on this show. The "millionaires" come to Patti and their only real datability is based on their supposed economic status. Who is out for that? The girls Patti hooks them up with. And the clients who appear on the show have not actually paid her exhorbitant fees. Does that mean they are not "exhorbitantly" vetted?

There's a kind of Old Testament protocol going on here. Purportedly rich man/woman hooks up with a Hooters waitress/personal trainer. It's all so shallow.

Where's the substance? Where's the real connection? I'd venture to say that Patti could go on a NY subway platform at rush hour and come up with a better ratio of "successful" dates for her clients.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

There is no way, in real life, Patty woud take on creepy guy, never. This is sooooooooooooo staged and not serving her well. She sold out to a TV show and will suffer because she probalbly had a decent business before this show. Well, maybe she is all set. You never know. But I do know that I only watch this because I am hooked on reality tv and THAT is big for her future. We all are fricken there with that.

+ Reply to Thread