+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

thanks critical for saying it a lot better than I did!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm wondering how it is that the girl from Florida who the millionaire (I think his name is PJ) chose for his date, happened to have a bikini to wear if she had no idea that PJ was planning on taking her on a boat in the water?
    Maybe they rent bikinis where his boat is docked? I dunno,...just asking - not criticizing.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4120796;
    I'm wondering how it is that the girl from Florida who the millionaire (I think his name is PJ) chose for his date, happened to have a bikini to wear if she had no idea that PJ was planning on taking her on a boat in the water?
    Maybe they rent bikinis where his boat is docked? I dunno,...just asking - not criticizing.
    Don't you think that he had told her to wear a swimsuit? I just assumed that even though the guy did the planning for the date, he would give her an idea of what to wear but not actually tell her what they would be doing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4120328;
    Judging someone's parental skills based only on appearance would be wrong. At the moment, we have two people who don't feel it's necessary to marry before having a child, look extremely different than most people and name their child Sin Halo. So far, it's not looking very good for the kid's chances. but who knows?????
    Just watched the most recent episode the other day, and was thinking that unlike Patti, I don't think we've ever seen either Destin or Rachel dropping F-bombs or other curse words all over the place that have to be bleeped or being anything but civil and polite to clients. They may not look professional, but they act that way more than their boss does. In fact, their comments most often reflect intelligence and maturity. While I wouldn't want my kids to grow up looking like they do, I actually think they might make better parents than Patti would because, at least from what we've seen on the show, she flies off the handle way too easily.

BTW, what 's with the weekly scene where Patti asks her driver for his opinion? I don't find that interesting or necessary.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I kind of like the driver's input. I think that it's interesting that she askes for it. I think he would make for an interesting addition to their in-office staff. A second man's opinion could help. Destin is outnumbered.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Maybe I don't recall correctly, but he never seems to have anything remotely insightful to say ... just that no, he never dated anyone like that, or no, he wouldn't like someone who did that, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4121087;
    Just watched the most recent episode the other day, and was thinking that unlike Patti, I don't think we've ever seen either Destin or Rachel dropping F-bombs or other curse words all over the place that have to be bleeped or being anything but civil and polite to clients. They may not look professional, but they act that way more than their boss does. In fact, their comments most often reflect intelligence and maturity. While I wouldn't want my kids to grow up looking like they do, I actually think they might make better parents than Patti would because, at least from what we've seen on the show, she flies off the handle way too easily.BTW,
    I'll definitely agree with you on that one!! Can you imagine having Patti as a mother??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4120480;
    In this day and age, expecting people to marry is, yes, old-fashioned, but it's also a matter between the couple and their private business. Plenty of people get married and divorced every day. Having a marriage certificate doesn't mean that a couple is more committed to each other than a couple that doesn't. They seem to have a committed relationship and, at least from what we see on the show, they treat each other with respect.The color or style of their hair, number of tattoos or piercings has no bearing on their value as a person or merits as a parent. I know plenty of "normal" looking people who are piss poor parents. I have no reason to believe that Destin and Rachel aren't loving, kind people who are raising their son just as well as a couple who looks like they stepped out of an LL Bean catalog.
    All of this is to say that physical appearance and things that are the private business of a couple have no bearing on their fitness as parents and their value as people.
    I did say that they looked weird but I didn't say it had anything to do with their value as a person or it had any relevence to their ability to parent. Nobody can predict how a child will turn out.

Just for clarity, I said that I wished they were married. Apparently from last week's episode, so does Rachel. It was obvious that she wants to and Destin doesn't. To me, that doesn't sound like an equal commitment nor does it seem respectful on Destin's part. But that's just my opinion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4121601;
    It was obvious that she wants to and Destin doesn't. To me, that doesn't sound like an equal commitment nor does it seem respectful on Destin's part. But that's just my opinion.
    I agree.

Why is it that all the people on reality shows seem to make up their own words?
    One of the young girls - the 21 year old hostess - said she didn't think she could "conversate" with the bachelor. WTF??!!
    Is that anything like refudiate??!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread