+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 127 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4099321;
    My major point, though, is that I wish Patti wouldn't get into screaming and cursing matches with her so-called clients. I understand that she's frustrated by them not doing what she tells them, but it's so unclassy for her to react the way she does. She could just have well thrown him out of the club by telling him calmly what Amy said about the date, then look him straight in the eye and calmly but authoritatively say, "You deliberately violated my rules and ignored my advice. You're out of the club. Destin will see you to the door." She doesn't do herself any favors when she descends to their level.

Definitely agree with you on this. I could probably understand her over the top ranting if it was she who was losing money because of their behavior. But she already has there money so what's the big deal?? Besides making her look like a screaming harridan??
    I know that there are many people who have a lot of money and no class a la the many Housewives but really, I find it hard to believe they would go to someone like Patti to find true love. I think that Patti's business just provided the basis for a reality show and most is scripted.

Having said that, I'll still watch because I don't see anything at all like these people in my real life. And if I can come here and "gossip" about their escapades, I don't need to do it in real life. I prefer NOT to gossip because it's mean and unkind but I still secretly have that need to do it because it's just so delicious and juicy and I think it's human nature to do so. So, thanks trashy reality TV for giving me an outlet.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4099612;
    Definitely agree with you on this. I could probably understand her over the top ranting if it was she who was losing money because of their behavior. But she already has there money so what's the big deal?? Besides making her look like a screaming harridan??
    I know that there are many people who have a lot of money and no class a la the many Housewives but really, I find it hard to believe they would go to someone like Patti to find true love. I think that Patti's business just provided the basis for a reality show and most is scripted.

Having said that, I'll still watch because I don't see anything at all like these people in my real life. And if I can come here and "gossip" about their escapades, I don't need to do it in real life. I prefer NOT to gossip because it's mean and unkind but I still secretly have that need to do it because it's just so delicious and juicy and I think it's human nature to do so. So, thanks trashy reality TV for giving me an outlet.
    Too true!! Thank you, Bravo, for giving us people behaving badly
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4095732;
    A woman can also 'freeze' her eggs, thereby nearly ensuring that she can have a pregnancy in her middle age.
    I thought the eggs had to be fertilized before they were frozen? That it doesn't work with unfertilized eggs (unlike with sperm)?
    While the pregnancy may be somewhat high risk at a later age the problem is more the egg quality/#s than the state of the uterus. As you can see from those 60 year old women who have babies (but not usually with their own eggs).

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4099955;
    I thought the eggs had to be fertilized before they were frozen? That it doesn't work with unfertilized eggs (unlike with sperm)?
    While the pregnancy may be somewhat high risk at a later age the problem is more the egg quality/#s than the state of the uterus. As you can see from those 60 year old women who have babies (but not usually with their own eggs).
    Actually, harvested eggs don't need to be fertilized. Sperm from a partner or a donor can be used many years later to fertilize them. Here's an article about the procedure.

Harvesting Eggs

It's true that the quality of the egg is much more important than the age of the mother and the quality of the egg decreases with a woman's age. Patti would not be the ideal candidate for this procedure now.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sherri Shepherd, on The View, talks about having had her eggs frozen (6, I think) for later use. She's now in her 40s.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

No wonder the poker player is without a man. She is in love with her gay "make-up artist." She barely wears any so she must have felt he needed a title to join them.

Okay, the guy. She had a good millionaire in the mix of men to choose for the poker player, why not choose him? Well, I know the answer. He was normal and would not create "good viewing." Why do these shows think we want to watch DBs?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4102034;
    No wonder the poker player is without a man. She is in love with her gay "make-up artist." She barely wears any so she must have felt he needed a title to join them.

Okay, the guy. She had a good millionaire in the mix of men to choose for the poker player, why not choose him? Well, I know the answer. He was normal and would not create "good viewing." Why do these shows think we want to watch DBs?
    Patti stated the "make up artist" was the poker players "gay husband", however the poker player introduced him to her date as her "gay make up artist". I'm confused. Was the make up artist the poker players husband? or just her make up artist?
    So many things in this show are starting to look like they are scripted and staged - especially the drama with Patti's new assistant (the blonde). I find it hard to believe Patti would put up with the assistants many mistakes/arrogant attitude and not have fired her by now.
    This show has taken a turn for the worse IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4102127;
    Patti stated the "make up artist" was the poker players "gay husband", however the poker player introduced him to her date as her "gay make up artist". I'm confused. Was the make up artist the poker players husband? or just her make up artist?
    So many things in this show are starting to look like they are scripted and staged - especially the drama with Patti's new assistant (the blonde). I find it hard to believe Patti would put up with the assistants many mistakes/arrogant attitude and not have fired her by now.
    This show has taken a turn for the worse IMO.
    I think it was the poker player's gay make up artist but Patti called him her gay husband. I think that's a popular term nowdays. She said he was gay but she sure didn't act like she remembered he was gay. She looked to me like she had the hots for him (makeup guy).
    I think this show is struggling to stay above water. The premise was interesting but it doesn't hold up in the long run. For me, Patti's demeanor is rather off-putting, to put it mildly.
    And talk about gross-out, when she told her dad that Randy Quaid gave the best oral sex!!!! I didn't need to know that!! Her dad surely didn't need to know that! Thanks for the mental image, Patti!

She has claimed a 99% success rate at the start of every show last year which I think is totally bogus! It's probably 20%.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

Gay husband is definately a term used to describe a close relationship between a gay man and straight women who are close friends. It does not imply that the woman is in love with her gay friend but in this case that looked to be true.

And yes, I agree that the 99% success rate she claims is totally bogus. We have not seen one success on this show and one would think she would want to show off her skills by substantiating her claim. I don't even know if she still has a business outside of this TV show either. That is never talked about.

+ Reply to Thread