+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 127 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4098227;
    It would make sense, and I think the women/men for the millionare are also picked by Production. I can't tell you how many of the men/women have been in other reality shows. Its almost like one rotating casting couch. I think the entire show may be completely scripted to help drum up business for the real matchmaking business she does behind the doors.
    I find it hard to believe that the publicity generated by this show would attract actual millionaires to Patti's club.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4098296;
    Pescetarian is only fish/seafood, no birds. From pescetarianlife dot com:

"Definition
    A pescetarian diet excludes land animals and birds, but includes fish, mollusks, and crustaceans in addition to fruits, vegetables, plants, legumes, nuts, and grains. Eggs and dairy may or may not be present in the pescetarian's diet."

I'm a (mostly vegan) pescetarian who eats no eggs or dairy.
    I hadn't heard about pescetarianism before. After reading this, I researched it and I still couldn't find out why fish is not considered meat, nor why the killing of fish or crustaceans is ok. Personally, I don't care what people eat or don't eat.

What struck me was he said he had evolved into a more spiritual being that was against suffering/killing. And to that, I say fish, lobsters, oysters,etc are just as unhappy about becoming food as much as cows, chickens and pigs are.
    I'm really not being critical of this method, just confused because I support everyone's right to eat how they want to eat and it's nobody's business what they eat. I'm just trying to understand.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4098346;
    I find it hard to believe that the publicity generated by this show would attract actual millionaires to Patti's club.
    I agree Poppy, and not because of the idea of a millionaires' dating club, cause apparently a number of millionaires have problems too, when it comes to finding the mate of their dreams. To me, the problem is Patty herself!!! I CANNOT STAND the woman!!! Her arrogance and sense of entitlement to make all the crude and nasty snide comments that she makes. Ugggggghhhh!! CANNOT STAND HER!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4098346;
    As with all reality shows, the call of being on TV is higher than finding a mate. She will always have people knocking on her door for this show.

In the opening she claims a high success rate. We are not seeing that. This show has been on long enough to do an update on couples who she successfully matched. I would venture to say, not a one!

Does anyone know if she runs a legit business off of TV or if she just doing this show? She had one previously to even do this but what about now? This is NOT good publicity.

I live in that neck of the woods and I'd never heard of her or her business before this show.
    I've also posted before that people would not go to an office staffed by a rag tag team of sideshow freaks.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wouldn't the world be boring if everybody looked alike, though? You take the time to get to know somebody, even if they look "freaky", you just might be surprised at what/who you find!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4098811;
    Wouldn't the world be boring if everybody looked alike, though? You take the time to get to know somebody, even if they look "freaky", you just might be surprised at what/who you find!
    Yes it would.

However, there's a difference between looking different and looking totally unprofessional and frightening.
    It's the latter that bugs me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I wish this show would just be about matchmaking normal, everyday people instead of these "millionaires" who really just want arm-candy, regardless of what they claim!

I wonder if her "real" business is more with regular folks, or does it cater to the rich? Or is that just for the show?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Last night I watched this week's show that I DVR'd. Was David really wearing a shirt, tie, and shorts to the mixer?! I guess he was showcasing his fashion "flair," while frat guy (forgot his name already) was just poorly dressed for the occasion.

My major point, though, is that I wish Patti wouldn't get into screaming and cursing matches with her so-called clients. I understand that she's frustrated by them not doing what she tells them, but it's so unclassy for her to react the way she does. She could just have well thrown him out of the club by telling him calmly what Amy said about the date, then look him straight in the eye and calmly but authoritatively say, "You deliberately violated my rules and ignored my advice. You're out of the club. Destin will see you to the door." She doesn't do herself any favors when she descends to their level.

Maybe her real-life clients who are paying for her service do listen to her and show more respect. I really can't imagine the true caliber of the clients she gets after they see her immature tirades and abrasiveness on this show, not to mention the freakish look of her office staff. Yes, I'm sure they're decent people, maybe even geniuses who are great at what they do, but first impressions are important in business, and I can't imagine that any classy millionaires would be favorably impressed when greeted at the door by those two.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4098015;
    The gay guy looked more like a skeleton with skin. Did you notice how big his head looked? He actually looked like a dear friend of mine who succumbed to AIDS. I couldn't get that image/thought out of my head. He is deluded about his looks.

Frat boy (whether or not he calls himself that) was constantly mentioning alcohol and how much he liked to drink. Wonder when he will enroll himself in a 12p-step program or rehab? I don't care how charming a person seems or looks, when he lets you know that alcohol is on of his main activities, he's never even a near good prospect.
    I kept thinking the same thing...the guy looked like he had AIDS.....

+ Reply to Thread