+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 127 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Patti, IMO, has always been very blunt and to the point. In some ways, I like that. She's not there to mollycoddle, so everybody had better put on their grown-up panties (hes and shes), and be ready for some harsh reality talk.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Per a recent interview with Patti, Bravo casts her show. The people featured are not her "regular" clients, which makes sense.

I liked Chelsea, she was the only likable person there. Bryce was too snobbish to accept the lowley men that Patti found for her. That type generally ends up going from man to man looking for, and never finding, the "perfect" man.

I feel sorry for Bryce if she disregards sex as much as she does....Either she has never had someone who could be competent in that arena, or she has too many issues from her childhood. Or maybe a combination of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4089227;
    I think Bryce wasn't serious at all about finding a man. After finding out she has that website, I think she was there so she could write an article about it.

and I agree with y'all about Destin & his wife (can't remember her name) ~ they don't look professional at all. They look like would be matchmaking for Teenage Goths, not adult millionaires.

I agree. Maybe it sounds snobbish, but I wouldn't hire those two to do anything for me, not even trim my shrubs or give me a tattoo. It's actually insulting to clients IMO. I guess Patty does it to bring in younger clients. STill, it's nasty looking.

I tuned in last night as I knew the Manzo brothers were going to be on. I really like them, as they seem very real and not as over the top as some of the people on this show.
    THis is the first time I've watched in a very long while and I do prefer the show in NYC.
    It's so refreshing to see women look a lot more natural and there isn't an abundance of fake blondes and fake boo*s.
    I couldn't believe when Mohawk guy was going on to Patty about the NY women. Does this guy ever look in the mirror?
    I miss Chelsea on this show. She was believable - I could never go to a firm that had 2 such awful looking specimens - giving "me" criticism on how I should look / dress! Totally ludicrous.
    I watched Patty on Watch What Happens Live last week and she had some pretty harshh things to say about Chelsea. I wonder what actually happened there to cause Chelsea to leave the show? Did she just have enough of Patty and her over the top antics?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

No matter how you slice it...this show is about people who are looking to marry for money getting hooked up with people who are into lust, those who are able to pay a high premium to acquire what they deem as perfection in the looks dept. Patty is always pushing the idea that a man's sexual organ is the one that needs to do the "picking"...no different than what any man does in a bar when hitting on a woman. She always "pushes" the sexual attraction aspect, while advising you can't actually participate in that aspect UNTIL you have a commitment. As if THAT is going to assure a long lasting relationship. People will say they are making a commitment just to get what they want aka someone's pants. Give me a break! And she never gives an overweight girl a chance...yet the rich millionaire guys can be real schlub-a-dubs...but they MUST have a hot "thin" woman...the even slightly overweight girls never get a chance to show off a good personality or great character. Has anyone ever noticed the low class women that she fixes some of these guys up with? Just cause they LOOK good on the outside...some of them are psycho-paths, are very immature or have deep emotional problems. Patty doesn't seem to screen them very well...I would expect alot more screening if I were paying the kind of $$ these millionaires are paying. This show is no different than what goes on in the real world (out there, outside her club) w/o paying a huge fee. You find the same "drek".

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I see where she comps the fee for the millionaires who appear on her show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

You know, I thought Chris' date idea was adorable. I'm a pretty big goofball myself, so I would have had a blast at Medieval Times. He was clearly looking for someone very fun loving who could enjoy herself no matter if the date was a picnic in the park or dinner at a five star restaurant in the city. I think it was wrong of Patti to knock his date, it just proved to me that Albie isn't the only one in the family who attracts the fame seekers. Personally, I'd rather have a less formal first date-there's enough nervousness as it is without the added pressure of the social expectations a fancy place would put on you. If you connect on the first date, there's plenty of time later to do a more upscale date.

FORT Fogey

Chelsey is starting her own matchmaking business with her boyfriend named Queen of Hearts. All I can find on her leaving is that she was tired of the abuse Patti dished out and found her abrasive and crazy. So they came to blows and Chelsey quit. It is easy for me to understand her departure.

This show could be so much better. Obviously the millionaires, with the exception of these brothers, are the most extreme personalities she can find in hopes of creating entertainment. It would make so much more sense to choose compelling people and really see if things work out. It is too over the top to be believable.

I love the comparison between NY and LA. Patti was actually criticising the NY women for qualities I find desireable!

I will continue to watch but I put this in my train wreck catagory.

Medevil Times is a horrible place to take a date! It is cheesy beyond belief with terrible food. The producters planned a private and partial show. They were all alone in a HUGE arena. The normal show is staged with audience members rooting for the night with the color of their section. It goes on for a good 90 minutes or more with many horses, jousting and hoopla. The venue is as big as a basket ball court or even larger. AND the audience does not wear costumes. I will venture to say the millionaires do not choose where they take their dates, ever.

So are Chris Manzo and Albie Manzo MILLIONAIRES????
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread