+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 127 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3881397;
    Thanks for the info! I'll try to watch after DWTS.
    You're welcome.

In case I don't get to see it due to AI, can you please report for us tomorrow? Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

AI is only 1 hour tonight....thank goodness.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3881414;
    You're welcome.

In case I don't get to see it due to AI, can you please report for us tomorrow? Thanks
    Okay, for norealityhere and others who might be interested, I have the MM report from the "Reunion Live" show.

They (Andy Cohen of Bravo and Patti) had 4 of the millionaires skyping in: Zagros, Jimmy D, Justin "the Hobbit," and Ayende (sp?). Zagros is still dating Susan and says he is "madly in love." He somehow managed to look a lot less gross on Skype. Patti said he had one year to "seal the deal" with a ring for Susan.

Jimmy D seemed much more subdued. Said he has "learned from experience." He's been dating "a cute little girl" for a while, and no longer refers to himself in the third person. Patti said he's changed for the better.

Justin is the short guy ... former child star ... who Patti calls a Hobbit. He called her a hairy something-or-other ... can't remember, but it was rude. They snarked back and forth, and he said Patti made him "bigger than a Beatle" in popularity. He was obnoxious.

Ayende is the guy Patti liked, but he's not still dating the girl from the show. Patti said he should have chosen the older girl. He was very sweet and smiley. Said he is trying to make time for romance and not just work all the time.

Andy Cohen showed clips of Patti cursing (she said her fiance doesn't like her cursing), her lack of a filter during the assessments of the girls, and her meltdowns, which he calls "Patti melts." He asked her who her most hated millionaire is: Rupert (the guy who took his date all dressed up to the homeless shelter, and she said he was rude to the crew). He asked if she thought she should apologize to Shauna: No! Who was the craziest millionaire: Will (the one who invited his present gf on the date and pretended she was his assistant). Did she ever get in a physical confrontation with anyone? She said it almost happened with Josie, the girl who crashed a mixer. What were some of the worst first dates: Will, Shauna (with the older guy), Jimmy D, and the junk-hauling guy.

She took questions by phone and email, and these included: what does she think her own flaws are -- needs to lose more weight (said she has not had plastic surgery, only skin treatments and Botox); does she think penis size is important -- no, just "girth and width"; is sexting okay -- only if you're monogamous; what is a sign that you're dating a creep -- if he only calls you after 11 p.m. (booty call); what about online dating -- no sex talk, no asking to see more photos, no meeting at coffee dates (means he's cheap).

Other questions: When should a guy say "I love you"? If a guy doesn't say it by 6 months into dating, there's a problem. Where is a good place to meet a guy with cash? At a steakhouse. She and Andy mentioned a particular one called "The Palm." I guess that's where the rich guys go. (Too bad, I'm a vegetarian. Not going there) What about soulmates? She says we have more than one at different times in our life, but only one lifemate.

What was probably most interesting to me was that there was no mention of who on the show is still dating (other than Zagros and Susan), and even more importantly, whether there were any marriages. I guess that means not! She said there have been many weddings resulting from her matchmaking, but apparently not from the matches we saw on the show. She was asked how many marriages there have been since starting the club, and she said she doesn't count them because she was told that would ruin her powers as a matchmaker. Yeah, right. Sounded like an evasion to me. Next season will take place in NY. Patti says she wants to fix up Andy Cohen. That's about it!

FORT Fanatic

I watched also, and you didn't miss a thing! Job well done.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Thanks so much, Lucky 22, for the excellent wrap up.

Did anybody ask Patti why her office staff looked the way it did?
    I read, on some blog site, that they were being referred to as a Coney Island freak show. Wow - couldn't believe that.

Not surprised to hear she wouldn't tell how many relationships / marriages have resulted from her matchmaking efforts.
    I doubt that her actual numbers are real high based on what we see on this show.
    I do like the idea of NYC as the new locale for the show. Perahps it will be more authentic than it is in LA. I can dream, can't I??!!!

FORT Fogey

Nobody asked about her office staff's somewhat freakish appearance, but I wish I had thought to email that question! Maybe it's not so unusual in LA, but if I were a millionaire paying a supposedly classy matchmaking service a small fortune and walked in and saw that, I'd probably turn around and leave, thinking that is not the place for me! Not saying they're not nice people, but image is somewhat important in business. It's sort of funny, because Patti is always criticizing the guys and women for the way they look, even minor things. Oh, about NYC, Patti said that people there are more concerned with intelligence, while LA people are more concerned about looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3882370;
    Nobody asked about her office staff's somewhat freakish appearance, but I wish I had thought to email that question! Maybe it's not so unusual in LA, but if I were a millionaire paying a supposedly classy matchmaking service a small fortune and walked in and saw that, I'd probably turn around and leave, thinking that is not the place for me! Not saying they're not nice people, but image is somewhat important in business. It's sort of funny, because Patti is always criticizing the guys and women for the way they look, even minor things. Oh, about NYC, Patti said that people there are more concerned with intelligence, while LA people are more concerned about looks.

I've posted before that people are concerned anbout image, esp. in Bev. Hills. I don't know any millionaires who'd plunk down their money there. I sure wouldn't if I were looking for a matchmaker.

So, can we expect more intelligence to surface on the show next season?!!!:

Does it bother anyone else that each time she has a new "client", she admonishes them on the bodily orifices that they are not allowed to "poke". Sometimes she just uses sign language and points to the orifices. In the end, (no pun intended) she gets her point across ad nauseam. People know what monogamy is Patti! We don't need a guided tour.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;3882511;
    Does it bother anyone else that each time she has a new "client", she admonishes them on the bodily orifices that they are not allowed to "poke". Sometimes she just uses sign language and points to the orifices. In the end, (no pun intended) she gets her point across ad nauseam. People know what monogamy is Patti! We don't need a guided tour.
    Yes, I'm not a prude, but it does seem unnecessary and vulgar. We also don't need hand gestures to simulate the erect penis!

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;3882511;
    I don't know about that! A lot of people (especially those under 30) seem to feel like as long as it's not penis going into vagina, then it's not really sex. I think she wants them to understand all of these other things are forms of sex. Also I think she does it so that people are clear that she's not some kind of madam.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread