+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Regular

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3868167;
    I always got the feeling Patty really was not a fan of women in general and saw them more as objects to amuse her men.

She's been pretty condescending, and sometimes mean, to the women she deals with this season. I've actually started to dislike her a bit because of it.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3868167;
    I always got the feeling Patty really was not a fan of women in general and saw them more as objects to amuse her men.
    I am going to say something that may annoy the women on this board (and I am a woman), but I have found over my fairly long life that, in general, women just don't particularly like other women. It seems to be in the DNA and probably harks back to when humans evolved and females had to depend on men for protection, etc. Historically, in nearly every society men were dominant and women had to compete with each other for the available men to provide them with protection and sustenance. Watch The Bachelor, or any other competition where women are together in a group (regardless of the prize). My husband says women are like cats and men are like dogs - simplistic but not far from the truth. Patty is an alpha female and she can control all the beta females, but doesn't feel as capable of controlling males (especially the alpha types). Plus - the majority of her clients are male so she feels more obliged to please them. The woman that she disliked was another alpha and challenged her - nobody does that to Patty (at least not another woman).

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3872310;
    I am going to say something that may annoy the women on this board (and I am a woman), but I have found over my fairly long life that, in general, women just don't particularly like other women. It seems to be in the DNA and probably harks back to when humans evolved and females had to depend on men for protection, etc. Historically, in nearly every society men were dominant and women had to compete with each other for the available men to provide them with protection and sustenance. Watch The Bachelor, or any other competition where women are together in a group (regardless of the prize). My husband says women are like cats and men are like dogs - simplistic but not far from the truth. Patty is an alpha female and she can control all the beta females, but doesn't feel as capable of controlling males (especially the alpha types). Plus - the majority of her clients are male so she feels more obliged to please them. The woman that she disliked was another alpha and challenged her - nobody does that to Patty (at least not another woman).
    Amen.

I think, unfortunately, many women are insecure and that is what you're seeing.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree. I think that women who are insecure within themselves have more problems with other women. I think that having gone to an all-girl high school gave me a leg up on a lot of other women. People who "act up" show all of their insecurities.

And....way back when....women looked to men for breeding purposes...when time began, the same way that men looked to women. Basic biology.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3872330;
    Amen.

I think, unfortunately, many women are insecure and that is what you're seeing.
    Yup, insecurity they name is woman - about our looks, our weight, our age, our job, our boyfriend/husband's love - you name it and we feel insecure about it. We have been carefully groomed by society and others to feel the need to be perfect (most of those seeking plastic surgery are women). It is too bad, but a fact of life and something we may overcome in time. We are gaining more power in and over our lives and careers and that is a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3872310;
    I totally agree. I work in a woman dominated work force and it's not a good situation at all. I've been ostracized at this point.

And I agree Patty is used to controlling the situation with women in her cattle calls while providing a service to these men. But she also counts on reasonably submissive men who will do her bidding how she wants it done and butts heads with those that don't as well. She's an all around dominant person who does not like to be challenged by anyone.

FORT Fogey

Not only does she not like to be challenged by anyone (who does, really?), she just does not have the interpersonal skills to handle it. We can't control what other people say and do, but we can control the way we respond, and her way is to get louder, more bossy and controlling, and even insulting. She keeps sending clients for sessions with psychotherapists and implies that she goes herself. Do they not teach her anything about how to handle conflict? I'm sometimes amazed that a woman in her position and her type of business behaves the way she does when things don't go her way.

Well, she does have to run her show to make her business work. Her style of delivery can just be very blunt. No namby-pambying or pussyfooting around....cut straight to the chase. She's out there to make money, not friends. I guess you can always do what that one woman did, and just walk out. I really respected her backbone. At least she showed tht not everyone is willing to sell their very souls for the millionaires' money.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I'm not referring in my comment to her bluntness and cutting to the chase. I think those can be admirable behaviors when you need to get a job done. I'm talking about the way she manages conflict, which often seems to be by getting loud and shrill, and to outright insult the appearance of the woman she's talking to. Her behavior is often juvenile in those situations. Just saying she could use some professional help in how to stay in a calm and mature space while being assertive.

I get it.

+ Reply to Thread