+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 127 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

You know, sometimes the millionaires are a little socially inept, but they're just single really because they've been focusing on career and any "problems" are generally worked out by Patti and the team (with some obvious exceptions *coughShaunacough*, especially this season!). In this case, it was obvious that both millionaires were single because they were rude jerks! I couldn't believe them at that dinner party. Doug telling Destin that he was straight, so didn't see that all three of the guys were totally into him and then Nicole practically accusing that guy of being a drug dealer. Good grief. I can't believe the guy would even want another date with her.

Noname, beef farming can cause a huge amount of waste and requires A LOT of feed compared to some other meats, especially beef produced at large-scale factory farms. Still, it was the height of rudeness to berate David for it and bully him into ordering something else. He has a lot more restraint than I do. I would have told him where to stick it and then ordered the damn steak!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I couldn't believe the "toxic date". Who in their right mind would think that that was a good idea??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by noname;3856390;
    It was also curiously interesting that Patty felt the need to mention the "no sex before monogamy" rule to Nicole when they first met, at least in the way it was presented.
    Nicole didn't seem like someone with much interest in pursuing sex. Her reactions to Patty suggested that she's not very adventurous sexually.
    noname- Not sure if you know or not, but Patti usually always mentions the 'no sex before monogamy" rule to everyone, so I don't think anything was meant by it.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3857056;
    I couldn't believe the "toxic date". Who in their right mind would think that that was a good idea??
    I think it would be interesting, but maybe not for a first date.

Regarding Mr. Narcissist's behavior about the steak, he needs to not push his values onto anyone else. I'm a vegetarian, but I would NEVER criticize someone for eating meat (or any animal product). I've gone out to dinner with people who have asked me if I was bothered that they were eating meat, and I've always assured them I wasn't. My choices are just that - mine - and I don't expect everyone to share my values. If it's really important that Mr. Narcissist have someone in his life that shares his beliefs/choices, he can still be polite, not criticize, and just choose not to date that person. It's as simple as that. Maybe he needs to ask someone upfront if they share his belief system before he dates them.

FORT Fogey

I also thought it was funny when Patti asked him what he meant by "red animals," after Destin had asked Mr. Narcissist why it was okay to eat chicken, but not steak. Mr. Narcissist stumbled with an explanation, and finally said he didn't "know the whole process." Better further educate yourself, Mr. Narcissist, instead of acting so superior.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by noname;3856373;
    ...Bruce had too much distance to cover in going for the kiss with Nicole lol.
    He should have moved closer to her first, or pulled her in, and maybe his chances would've been better.
    Where they were sitting relative to each other probably weren't the best positions for that.
    Yeah, that was kind of awkward.

FORT Fogey

This season has been strange.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3857113;
    If it's really important that Mr. Narcissist have someone in his life that shares his beliefs/choices, he can still be polite, not criticize, and just choose not to date that person. It's as simple as that. Maybe he needs to ask someone upfront if they share his belief system before he dates them.
    Haven't seen this episode yet, but this is exactly how I felt about that millionaire Mateo a week or two ago whose major priority was to find a woman who shares his Christian values and who would raise his children as Christians according to his belief system .... and then he chooses a woman Patti told him was Jewish for the date!! Why don't these people use the 10-minute mini-date to find out whether the person they're considering as a match shares their major belief systems if they have something that is a deal-breaker such as religion or diet? Maybe they are so egotistical as to think they are going to change the person, or that the person is going to find them so irresistably wonderful that they will just change their own belief systems to be with them. It's the same in real life. I'm also a vegetarian and just don't want to date meat-eaters for ethical and esthetic reasons, so it's easy enough to ask nicely about that beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3857763;
    Haven't seen this episode yet, but this is exactly how I felt about that millionaire Mateo a week or two ago whose major priority was to find a woman who shares his Christian values and who would raise his children as Christians according to his belief system .... and then he chooses a woman Patti told him was Jewish for the date!! Why don't these people use the 10-minute mini-date to find out whether the person they're considering as a match shares their major belief systems if they have something that is a deal-breaker such as religion or diet? Maybe they are so egotistical as to think they are going to change the person, or that the person is going to find them so irresistably wonderful that they will just change their own belief systems to be with them. It's the same in real life. I'm also a vegetarian and just don't want to date meat-eaters for ethical and esthetic reasons, so it's easy enough to ask nicely about that beforehand.
    Not sure about Mateo, but I think this was exactly the case with Mr. Narcissist, who clearly believes that his opinion is the only one that matters, and since all gay men want him, they of course must all be willing to do and believe whatever he tells them. His arrogant actions on the date showed such a lack of respect for poor David that I can't imagine him ever being in a successful relationship unless he can figure out a way to clone himself.

I understand why David went along and changed his order. Some people are not confrontational and find it easier to just let the other person have their way on relatively inconsequential things (I'm sure if he really hated chicken he would have refused) rather than further contribute to creating an uncomfortable or hostile environment. I once had a guy on a first date insist on ordering for me, but since I personally find it fascinating to observe how far bullying and arrogantly clueless people will go, once I realized that the match was a disaster and this would also be our last date, I just went along out of curiosity and amusement, rather than get into a fight with the guy. It also makes for a funny "worst date" story to share with friends.
    Last edited by ironcat; 03-18-2010 at 04:36 PM.

FORT Fogey

Next season, the show is being moved to New York City.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Disregard the above post. I was thinking about Project Runway, and I couldn't delete it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread