+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 127 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Fogey

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3847591;
    The Jewish woman who seemed to have crashed the mixer (although she said her friend told her about it or she came with a friend?) seemed like an opportunist to me. Just didn't get a good vibe from her, but could be due to editing.
    I was just thinking that I probably need to amend my own post b/c most of the people on the show could probably be considered opportunists. Although, the Jewish woman that the Christian man chose just seemed more obvious (to me).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jimmy D.'s chosen date was an opportunist pig. I couldn't believe that she went so far as to ask for money. And if Jimmy D. has the need to have 2 huge bodyguards around him at all times, how much more of a "steer clear" warning do you need???

And, as a Sopranos junkie, who did Patti think that Christian-guy looked like that her staff agreed with her? I didn't see it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I didn't see it, either. Thought she might possibly be referring to Tony himself, but he didn't look like James Gandolfini to me. Also a Sopranos junkie here ... couldn't think of another character he looked like even remotely.

The Jewish woman said she was brought by an invited friend, and Patti, after making somewhat of a fuss, then acknowledged that she tells the women they can bring a friend, which was the first time I heard about that being the case, especially since we always see her grilling the potential dates for the mixers.

In the end credits I caught this: "Matchmaker services are given gratis to Millionaire clients". So Bravo openly admits, if you're on this show, you don't pay the 25K fee. I don't have the tech to get a screen cap or I would post it.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw that, too. Why is it that people who can afford the most always seem to spend the least...and vice versa?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I haven't seen the show for a while. Are you saying Patti actually charges millionaires $25k for her services as a madam, excuse me, matchmaker?!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm sure the people on the show are not typical clients for Patti - they're probably chosen because they'll make good tv and not because they're eager to find their perfect partner. She wouldn't still be in business if every client was a giant train wreck and the show wouldn't still be on the air if the clients were low-drama "normal" people who listened to Patti.

I loved how at the end of the episode, they made it sound like Jimmy D's date was never heard from again, like EVER, by anyone.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

The previews show Mark returning - the guy Shaunna (the salon owner who only wanted to date younger guys) bagged on. Looks like he and Patti kind of get into it.

FORT Newbie

Holy moley at the holier-than-thou people

I was quite aghast at Doug criticizing David for his choice of food to eat for dinner.
    I had never before heard of any particular kind of food as being "eco-friendly" (or not, in this case).

Bruce had too much distance to cover in going for the kiss with Nicole lol.
    He should have moved closer to her first, or pulled her in, and maybe his chances would've been better.
    Where they were sitting relative to each other probably weren't the best positions for that.
    Last edited by noname; 03-16-2010 at 11:27 PM.

FORT Newbie

It was also curiously interesting that Patty felt the need to mention the "no sex before monogamy" rule to Nicole when they first met, at least in the way it was presented.
    Nicole didn't seem like someone with much interest in pursuing sex. Her reactions to Patty suggested that she's not very adventurous sexually.

+ Reply to Thread